Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 201 to 272 of 272
  1. #201
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Randot
    I've been riding mountain bikes since 1990 and I've never broken one before. I have fatigued aluminum frames so badly they are covered in stress fractures and are unsafe to ride. Steel bikes do not have this problem. The derailleur hanger can simply be bent back in to place if this ever happens. I've had 3 Cannondales, because the first two frames broke, 2 Treks (because the first frame broke), 1 Barracuda Easton Varilite tubing with incorporated hanger. Great frame but too fatigued to ride anymore, that's just what aluminum does. 2 Steel Breezer Lightening frames, never looked back, best thing I ever did. Oh yeah, I once had a steel stumpjumper but sold it because I thought aluminum was the way to go. I built up the Sette Razzo to try a go at the 29ers and am now experiencing the same thing with aluminum. It breaks. Frame will be up on ebay shortly for cheap, going to build up a steel 29er. Life is too short to ride aluminum. My 29er is out of commission until Pricepoint can get a hanger and that will be at least another week.
    That is the biggest example of throwing the baby out with the bath water that I can remember seeing. Yes hangers do break. Yes, they are meant to be a cheap replaceable part that saves your derailleur from more damage. But it is not a common occurrence... chances are good you could ride for a few more years on that same frame without breaking a hanger. You could always buy two just in case

  2. #202
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    264
    Ok, after looking at entry level 29er's (SE Stout, Moto Outcast, IRO) I have decided on building one. This frame looks outstanding and the price is toasty at $179. Question on frame size: I'm 6-2, longer torso, ride a 20.5" IHorse hardtail, 59cm Bianchi Eros and like/prefer bikes with a longer top tube (like GT mt. bikes). So will the 20" be too small or the 22" too big? Guess there is a fit remedy for each size (seat adjust, stem length)...suggestions?

  3. #203
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lambda_drive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    48
    This derailleur hanger should will fit just fine on the sette razzo.
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/195...eur-Hanger.htm

  4. #204
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    32

    Thanks for the input

    Sent pricepoint an email about it, they said they won't have any for a week. I called the technical support and they said it was a warranty item and they would send me one, got it yesterday in the mail, didn't pay. Good job for pricepoint. They wouldn't send me two because they said they only had 10 on hand.

    Road my steel breezer yesterday, man what a beautiful riding bike that is but 29er is where it's at. So much more work to ride a 26" wheeled bike.

  5. #205
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    89

    size..

    I ride a 60cm road bike and about a 24.5" TT usually and I'm riding a 20" Sette, and I think bigger would be too big. That's my 2 cents...

  6. #206
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    74

    sizing

    I have been thinking about getting one of these frames and am not sure on sizing. According to the PP size chart I could go either 18" or 20". I am 6'0" with a 32 inch inseam. I would be concerned that the 20" would be to tall. Any input from someone that has one of these frames?

  7. #207
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by jeryang
    Not visually pleasing. I'm 215 lbs so I'll put it through some abuse.
    how has the frame held up so far? do you feel everything you run over,pebbles rocks etc.
    scs

  8. #208
    The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    111
    I'm 6' and 32" inseam and the 18" frame fits me fine.

  9. #209
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    211

    Geometry Question:

    I'm very tempted by the Razzo as I've been looking at 29er hardtails. The geometry looks pretty good when compared to some of the other bikes I've test-ridden (Fuji Tahoe 29, Specialized Rockhopper 29, Gary Fisher Cobia), except for one thing: BB height. All of the other 29ers I've looked at have BB heights of ~12", but the Razzo is 12.8". Do you think that will make much difference in feel - like being "over" the bike instead of "in" the bike?

  10. #210
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by TedS123
    I'm very tempted by the Razzo as I've been looking at 29er hardtails. The geometry looks pretty good when compared to some of the other bikes I've test-ridden (Fuji Tahoe 29, Specialized Rockhopper 29, Gary Fisher Cobia), except for one thing: BB height. All of the other 29ers I've looked at have BB heights of ~12", but the Razzo is 12.8". Do you think that will make much difference in feel - like being "over" the bike instead of "in" the bike?
    Can anyone confirm the BB height on the Razzo?

  11. #211
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2

    My rigid Sette Razzo with Niner Carbon Fork

    I'm 6 - 2, 234lbs this is a 20 inch frame. Love it! Makes me feel like a kid again. I have no intention of upgrading this frame for names sake. It rocks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Razzo Frame-small-razzo-niner-fork.jpg  


  12. #212
    At Work
    Reputation: sxr-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,668
    What size fork (Travel) is this frame optimized for?
    TREK EX9 27.5

    NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

    2009 Gary Fisher Rig

  13. #213
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    74

    Sette Razzo

    they say it will work with 80-100. I am running mine with an 80mm Reba and have no complaints.

  14. #214
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    How easy is it to get the front wheel up to go over logs and such? Wheelies?

    Since not alot of action shots.

  15. #215
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    I tried both 80mm and 100mm. I like the 100mm setting much better.

  16. #216
    Never Satisfied...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    627
    I have to say that I'm very impressed so far!!!

    Who would have thought that a budget frame would ride so well and be so light???

    Complete (weighed after this pic was taken) with all the trimmings, this conservative (medium framed) build came out to 25.32 lbs.... I'm very happy!

    BTW, since this pic, I raised the Fox to 100mm and the bike feels more stable... At 80mm (and being a G2 fork), i was a bit too twitchy for my liking....




  17. #217
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD33
    I have to say that I'm very impressed so far!!!

    Who would have thought that a budget frame would ride so well and be so light???

    Complete (weighed after this pic was taken) with all the trimmings, this conservative (medium framed) build came out to 25.32 lbs.... I'm very happy!

    BTW, since this pic, I raised the Fox to 100mm and the bike feels more stable... At 80mm (and being a G2 fork), i was a bit too twitchy for my liking....
    I like the naked look. How did you remove the Sette logos from the frame? I'd love to do the same to mine, it would look so much better.

  18. #218
    Never Satisfied...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil
    I like the naked look. How did you remove the Sette logos from the frame? I'd love to do the same to mine, it would look so much better.
    Thanks....

    As soon as it came out of the box, I hit it with some aircraft paint stripper from the local auto store....

    Clear and decals bubbled right off.... Then, I just washed it with a little soap and water.... Easy!

    Now, the bad.... You will have to hit it with some polish every once in a while as you will now be left with exposed, polished aluminum....

  19. #219
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9
    Beautiful build, Hollywood...

    What fork do you have on the Fisher next door? I just started my Razzo build and I'm looking for something similar.

  20. #220
    Never Satisfied...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by btl17
    Beautiful build, Hollywood...

    What fork do you have on the Fisher next door? I just started my Razzo build and I'm looking for something similar.
    Thanks!

    The fork on the Fisher is a 470mm On-One carbon.... Great fork, but I sold it when I sold the Fisher...

    No rider weight limit and no limit on brake size...

  21. #221
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    If you over 170lbs I suggest 185mm rotor up front.

    At 190lb geared up 160mm is not cutting it so I'm going 185mm now.

  22. #222
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    If you over 170lbs I suggest 185mm rotor up front.

    At 190lb geared up 160mm is not cutting it so I'm going 185mm now.

    I'll keep that in mind...I think I'm a similar build.

    Any idea if I can get away with a 184 mm steer tube? According to the specs the headtube alone is 130 mm on the 20 inch. I have a guy willing to sell me an installed but not used Whitebrother's for $100 it but that sounds awfully short. It is just a screamin' deal if I can make it work...

  23. #223
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by btl17
    I'll keep that in mind...I think I'm a similar build.

    Any idea if I can get away with a 184 mm steer tube? According to the specs the headtube alone is 130 mm on the 20 inch. I have a guy willing to sell me an installed but not used Whitebrother's for $100 it but that sounds awfully short. It is just a screamin' deal if I can make it work...
    with a careful selection of headset and stem I think that should be enough, but it will leave you no room to move the stem up further to adjust your fit if needed

  24. #224
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    59

    Razzo frame weight

    Guys, after looking around, I've decided to builld a Razzo for next season. After racing a Ace for last season I'm very pleased with Sette. But I'm doing some planning for the final weight of this 29er and I need the bare frame weight, did any of you who bought this frame has weighted it before building it.
    Thanks in advance.

    R.Specht
    Sette ACE 2x10

  25. #225
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    74
    Mine is an 18 inch and was 3.2 pounds. I have a friend who has the same thing and it weighed the same. Mine built to around 26 pounds with average parts.

  26. #226
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    I just got confirmation from Pricepoint that they will no longer be stocking Razzo frames after the current stock runs out. That stinks since they just ran out of my size (20")

    update: they have no plans to carry any similar 29er frame only

  27. #227
    At Work
    Reputation: sxr-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,668
    That is dumb on their part
    TREK EX9 27.5

    NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

    2009 Gary Fisher Rig

  28. #228
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer
    That is dumb on their part
    I agree. Performance just confirmed for me that they are doing the same thing to their Access line of frames. This is not a good day for the diy budget bike builders

  29. #229
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Razzo is not going anywhere yet.

    This winter two Razzo frames are coming out:

    - Same old geometry and new paint scheme
    - New geometry with new paint scheme

  30. #230
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    Razzo is not going anywhere yet.

    This winter two Razzo frames are coming out:

    - Same old geometry and new paint scheme
    - New geometry with new paint scheme
    right, but no frame-only option for the DIYers

  31. #231
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    right, but no frame-only option for the DIYers
    That would be silly. The Razzo was their best selling frame/bike so it doesn't make sense not to have frame only option.

    You never know though...I'd send an email directly to the address on the Sette site. They always respond when I have a question. The sales guys at PP are not fully updated on what Sette is coming out with.

  32. #232
    At Work
    Reputation: sxr-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    That would be silly. The Razzo was their best selling frame/bike so it doesn't make sense not to have frame only option.

    You never know though...I'd send an email directly to the address on the Sette site. They always respond when I have a question. The sales guys at PP are not fully updated on what Sette is coming out with.
    I thought Sette was PP house brand. Kinda hard to no know. But I understand.
    TREK EX9 27.5

    NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

    2009 Gary Fisher Rig

  33. #233
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer
    I thought Sette was PP house brand. Kinda hard to no know. But I understand.
    They are pretty much. Still doesn't mean PP sales guys know what's up next.

  34. #234
    Never Satisfied...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbiker3995
    Guys, after looking around, I've decided to builld a Razzo for next season. After racing a Ace for last season I'm very pleased with Sette. But I'm doing some planning for the final weight of this 29er and I need the bare frame weight, did any of you who bought this frame has weighted it before building it.
    Thanks in advance.

    R.Specht
    Sette ACE 2x10
    My medium frame was 3.2 lbs out of the box.....

  35. #235
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,702

    There was a batch....

    Quote Originally Posted by Randot
    The Reba does NOT have on the fly adjustable travel. Please explain how yours does?
    ... of Reba 29ers commissioned by Niner bikes with a U-Turn knob. I wish I got one. I suspect you can rob the U-Turn knob from another Rockshox and it would go.

    There were a bunch of guys modifying their Rebas with coil springs from a Revalation a couple years ago with good results.


    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD33
    My medium frame was 3.2 lbs out of the box.....

    Wholly karp! Want this frame. 3.2 pounds kicks ass.

    I'm really not seeing the value in the EMD or other middle priced blingy brand frames over this one.

    *edit*

    You snooze, you lose, I guess. I gotta find one used.

  36. #236
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16

    Please help

    Please help,
    I would like to order a Sette Razzo frame, but the shipping cost to Europe(Hungary or Germany-I have some freinds there) would be 240 usd...
    Do you know any European dealer or any cheaper shipping way?
    thanks

  37. #237
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    74
    Received MBaction's January issue today and they have a full page add of the new Razzo 1. The Sette site has actual photos of it now. Be surprised if it is not on PP in time for Christmas.

  38. #238
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7

    ... and if we just ... can't wait

    I'll be building my now "rare" new 20" Razzo this weekend (got it new on ebay Any setup tips - I haven't built up a mountain bike before... however lots of road bikes

    All of the parts are coming off a Moto Fantom Pro 29er 10sp xt/xtr Reba etc. so it should be a nice build. My best guess at this point is about a 26lb bike - sound about right?

    The 17" moto ended up being too small for me (12+' of seat post and still lookin' for more ) as I like a lot of leg extension and don't plan on much super technical riding.

  39. #239
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtblucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    159
    So now that they are unattainable, I have a new Sette Razzo 20" frame I will sell for $350. Never thought it would be a good investment. Gotta love supply and demand!

  40. #240
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7

  41. #241
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10

    NOT in yet

    Both Razzo models in all sizes are listed as backordered

    Any speculation if and when they will price drop ~$200 like last year?
    Is the current "sale price" permanent or does it go up from time to time?

  42. #242
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs339
    Both Razzo models in all sizes are listed as backordered

    Any speculation if and when they will price drop ~$200 like last year?
    Is the current "sale price" permanent or does it go up from time to time?
    It will go down. All their bikes drop in price a few months after they're on the website.

  43. #243
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41
    Well..... to bring a dead horse to life again I thought i'd post my beginning build. I picked up this frame from Pricepoint for $180.00 but they gigged me for $40. shipping. then went to homedepot and purchased this

    and stripped it to look like this

    then used this to polish it

    to end up looking like this


    Next I plan to take the labels off my white Reba RLT while I'm deciding on my headset and wheels (Hope vs Chris King).

    I have to go easy as to not upset the wife($) so much.

  44. #244
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41
    The pics are not that good but there is a mirror like finish. I wasn't too sure about the removal of the Sette label and at first use a scotch bright pad where the chain stay protector will go. I'm glad i did because it was way too much and I ended up scratching the frame a little. Of course minor in whats going to occur in the field but when you start a project you want it to be pristine.

    I then found that you only need a soft cloth (old t-shirt) to remove the labels and clear coat. Kinda messy and you might have to go over the label area with another coat but very easy.

    Don't forget chem gloves and goggles!

  45. #245
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28
    Just finished up my Razzo build and I LOVE IT!

    2010 Sette Razzo
    Full Sram X9 3x10 group
    Stans no tubes rims laced to Chris King hubs
    Avid Elixir 5 brakes
    Easton EC70 handlbar
    Reba RLT Dual Air
    Maxxis Ardent 2.4 front
    Crappy Bontrager XDX TLR rear
    Pro Koyak seat post
    Selle San Marco saddle I had laying around.
    Ergon GR mag grips
    Cane Creek 110 headset
    XT pedals


  46. #246
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    96

    My Sette Razzo 22" build

    Just built this today. Needs to get the fork cut and few other things, but here it is thus far. Test ride around the driveway, seems to be pretty quick steering (coming from FSR, hence my handle)

    Pics:





    Last edited by fsr29erATX; 06-14-2011 at 02:34 PM.

  47. #247
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    263
    There is a 20" razzo frame on ebay right now, starting at $60, no bids. I would jump on it but unfortunately I need the 18" medium frame!

  48. #248
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    77
    anybody build up a "RAW" razzo yet, im curious what they look like in person

  49. #249
    Stray Bullet
    Reputation: Nagaredama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,275
    Peep their Facebook page out. I saw one posted there that was really nice/

    Photos of Sette Bikes | Facebook


  50. #250
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    55
    does anyone know how to get one of those here in Europe?

    Cause at pricepoint it the shipping cost is higher than the frame itself

    Thanks!

  51. #251
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Richard_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    191
    was looking at buying Razzo 1.0 , but there is none available in the size i want now i am considering the Razzo XT 10 Speed , is it a better bargain ?
    the weather is here wish you were beautiful

  52. #252
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    96
    Their new carbon one is also pretty nice looking too.. seems like a good deal for their entry level X7 one.. I may try the carbon frame later this year.. I like the alum enough to know that carb is prob as good as advertised..

  53. #253
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2
    I'm riding the latest Razzo 29er frame on the guts taken from a Gary Fisher Rig (the EBB creaking would never go away, ugh).

    With ~200 miles on it, I'm impressed with how it climbs and handles. XL frame weight was a wonderful 3.86 lbs on my scale. With a pair of Bontrager 2.2 width tires I've been making the trek in and out of the office.

    Is anyone else riding the new frame (black, white, and blue)? Thoughts?

  54. #254
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,492

    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by rosander View Post
    I'm riding the latest Razzo 29er frame on the guts taken from a Gary Fisher Rig (the EBB creaking would never go away, ugh).

    With ~200 miles on it, I'm impressed with how it climbs and handles. XL frame weight was a wonderful 3.86 lbs on my scale. With a pair of Bontrager 2.2 width tires I've been making the trek in and out of the office.

    Is anyone else riding the new frame (black, white, and blue)? Thoughts?
    Size Sm so a little lighter then yours. And with 2.2's and a Ti seatpost it's plenty cushy for me. It is a hardtail after all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Razzo Frame-skyline-rockwall.jpg  

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

  55. #255
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by rosander View Post

    Is anyone else riding the new frame (black, white, and blue)? Thoughts?
    I am riding a Sette Razzo XT. I have had it for less than a month - and have taken it out only a handful of times on pretty tame trails. So far I have been pleased with it. I think the wheels are not the lightest, though probably similar to what you will find in the price range. The componentry is good quality, and the setup was easy. I have swapped out the tires to something with a bit more bite for winter, and change the seatpost to a setback for proper fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Razzo Frame-dscn0215_1.jpg  


  56. #256
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,492

    No snow

    Quote Originally Posted by agb65 View Post
    I am riding a Sette Razzo XT. I have had it for less than a month
    But similar pose. With a few gears now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Razzo Frame-razzo-1x9.jpg  

    Sette Razzo Frame-razzo-putnam.jpg  

    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

  57. #257
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2
    Lookin good. Where's that lower photo taken? Nice scenery.

  58. #258
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,492
    Quote Originally Posted by rosander View Post
    Lookin good. Where's that lower photo taken? Nice scenery.
    Local regional park in Sonoma County, in sunny Northern California.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

  59. #259
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    47
    I have owned a Sette Razzo Carbon X9 for a year and logged over 3,000 miles. Great bike. I've been upgrading parts along the way.

    Just built the bike below for my son. 21# and some change. He raced a Sette Serum Race SLX 26er for a season and wanted to go to 29er. We tossed around ideas about different components and decided to go with the Razzo frame.

    XX1 crank with 32t ring 1x10
    Easton carbon bars and seatpost
    XT rear shifter/brakes/rear DR
    Stans No Tubes Crest wheelset with stock Stans 3.3 hubs
    Maxxis Crossmark tires 2.1 running tubeless
    SRAM PG 1070 11-36 Cassette
    SRAM 1050 Chain
    ESI Chunky grips
    SPD pedals
    Truvativ 90mm stem (alloy)
    Rock Shox Reba RL push loc remote 100mm
    Selle Italia saddle

    Name:  Razzo 29er.JPG
Views: 2759
Size:  104.9 KB

  60. #260
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Bait View Post
    I have owned a Sette Razzo Carbon X9 for a year and logged over 3,000 miles. Great bike. I've been upgrading parts along the way.

    Just built the bike below for my son. 21# and some change. He raced a Sette Serum Race SLX 26er for a season and wanted to go to 29er. We tossed around ideas about different components and decided to go with the Razzo frame.

    XX1 crank with 32t ring 1x10
    Easton carbon bars and seatpost
    XT rear shifter/brakes/rear DR
    Stans No Tubes Crest wheelset with stock Stans 3.3 hubs
    Maxxis Crossmark tires 2.1 running tubeless
    SRAM PG 1070 11-36 Cassette
    SRAM 1050 Chain
    ESI Chunky grips
    SPD pedals
    Truvativ 90mm stem (alloy)
    Rock Shox Reba RL push loc remote 100mm
    Selle Italia saddle

    Name:  Razzo 29er.JPG
Views: 2759
Size:  104.9 KB
    Lookin' real good.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

  61. #261
    The White Jeff W
    Reputation: jeffw-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,405

    Re: Sette Razzo Frame

    A question on Razzo sizing. They list a 22" in the drop down menu but the geo chart only goes to 20". What's the scoop?
    No moss...

  62. #262
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    A question on Razzo sizing. They list a 22" in the drop down menu but the geo chart only goes to 20". What's the scoop?
    Maybe this vintage thread might help...I didn't read it all though.
    Sette Razzo Geometry Question
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

  63. #263
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    A question on Razzo sizing. They list a 22" in the drop down menu but the geo chart only goes to 20". What's the scoop?
    I see the 22" geo in the raw frame's specs. Here's the link-
    http://www.pricepoint.com/Brand/Sett...tail-Frame.axd
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

  64. #264
    The White Jeff W
    Reputation: jeffw-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,405
    Thanks I see it now. For some reason I was getting a different chart when I looked at it on my phone earlier
    No moss...

  65. #265
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    68
    I just bought one of these light raw frames on fleabay. I was going to re-sell it because while waiting for delivery, I came across an even betterdeal for me, but when it came, the box felt like it was empty, it is so light. I'm now thinking about slowly, piece by piece, building it up from scratch. The first thing I need are headset and a bottom bracket. This would be the first headset and bottom bracket I've ever bought, so be gentle. Cost is an object, but I don't want somthing made from beercans either.
    Any suggestions on headset and BB? not that it matters but it is a size large.
    Thanks in advance.

  66. #266
    Map Maker
    Reputation: cbchess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,253
    FSA makes some good but less expensive headsets - I always liked the ORBIT XL II or something like that.
    I would go for reliable on the BB. You can go all fancy and high end , But bang for your buck Shimano makes the best BB. You need to get one that will match your cranks, so keep that in consideration. When you buy your BB, you are locking in your crank choice as well.
    My old time favorite was the Octolink BB that was XT level (the m751) and then you could get the LX cranks for 100's cheaper than the XT and they were the exact same crank with just a steel granny instead of aluminium.
    That was the old 9 speed standard, who knows now with all the 10 speed stuff.
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

  67. #267
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    387
    Fantastic bike for the money. I've put a lot of miles on mine and beat on it pretty good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Razzo Frame-muddy-razzo.jpg  

    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Niner Air 9 Carbon
    Karate Monkey SS
    Misfit DiSSent

  68. #268
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,492
    120 fork?
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

  69. #269
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    68
    It's been a while since I read this whole thread, has anyone raced one of these things? I'll bet it climbed well, how did it handle?

  70. #270
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,492
    Quote Originally Posted by idea man View Post
    It's been a while since I read this whole thread, has anyone raced one of these things? I'll bet it climbed well, how did it handle?
    Worked great racing in SS and geared with 80 and 100mm fork mode. Builds up light. Great frame.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

  71. #271
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    120 fork?
    No. 100. Came as an 80, took the spacers out. Made a huge difference. Much better now.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Niner Air 9 Carbon
    Karate Monkey SS
    Misfit DiSSent

  72. #272
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,492
    Quote Originally Posted by GChambers View Post
    No. 100. Came as an 80, took the spacers out. Made a huge difference. Much better now.
    I ran mine both. Your 100 setting looks more slack than mine did is all. Great frames for the money, almost throw aways!!
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •