mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Sell me on a WaltWorks

They look pretty nice . Good philosophy. Nice price. What do you all think? Thanks ,Harry

Addicted to Dirt
    I absolutely love mine, you can see it below.

My advice: call Walt and a lot of other builders...go with the one that suits YOU best. Good luck. Did I say I love my Waltworks? I do...

mtbr member
    If you want an normal custom, then most builders can provide.

Some builders have areas of specialty: beauty, affordability, material, 29er, SS, finish, fabrication, etc. Some stink in certain areas.

I suggest you make a list of specific things you want from this custom. Most choose a custom because they're looking for specific things that they can't get from a production bike. If you have a list to guide you, you're much more likely to get to exactly the bike that's best for you.

Good luck!

feel the Force
    Walt does a fantastic job. I would definitely recommend him.
    A punctured bicycle
    on a hillside desolate,
    will nature make a man of me yet...
    -Morrissey

mtbr member
    You won't be disappointed with Walt!! I would definitely recommend calling him!

N+1

walt

I have custom steel 29er frames from Curtlo, Quiring, Vicious and Waltworks (2). I've also owned my share of other production steels like Surly. Hands down, the best riding and most compliant bikes are the ones from Walt. As other posts indicate - Walt doesn't specialize in fancy bent tubes, sloping lines, or other dramatic effects - but he builds a fantastic frame. He's promptly responsive to emails and phone, and doesn't have a terribly long wait list. Even better, his rigid forks might be best rigid available - of course that's just my opinion, but he makes an awful lot of them including a rigid for my tandem. On my recommendation, my father, brother in law, and neighbor all own Walts and couldn't be happier with them. Hope that helps.
    GET Bret Weir, I said.