mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Pride Cycles. Anyone have one?

As the title says I am looking to hear from anyone who owns a Pride. I am looking at them for a 29er and I just wanted to see what anyone else has.
    2011 Quiring 29er Steel Hardtail
    2009 Gt Peace 9'R SS
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    1997 GT Zaskar
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn SS

Ti is addictive
    Think the guy is an ex-Litespeed guy. They have a facebook page with lots of pics of their stuff.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    He used to run Litespeed's machine shop according to there website. Unfortunately, I refuse to join farce book and thus have no access. Hopefully someone here actually owns a Pride and can answer me with their thoughts.
    2011 Quiring 29er Steel Hardtail
    2009 Gt Peace 9'R SS
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    1997 GT Zaskar
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn SS

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    They should be shpping me a semi-custom 26inch/Paragon slider wheeled frame this monday. Ill have the bike together the day I get the frame. Ill post pics and a review. If it ships on monday this will be the first custom builder of anything to deliver when promised.

Pride cycles has been a plesure to deal with so far. They responded quickly to my calls and emails. There price point is unbeatable for a US made ti frame. Carvers Chineese stuff costs more and takes longer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Pride Nightmare

Several of us are dealing with Nightmare situations with Pride. See this link. I'd be curious to see if you get what you ordered. They have ripped me and several others off!

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=226535

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I have read the thread and it does have me a little worried. But my frame is not late and the specs they sent me were correct. They have been g reat to deal with. All I can do is see how this turns out. Until I saw that thread I had only read good things about Pride. All businesses have a few bad ones slip through the door. I hope that this turns out good for you guys.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    UPDATE: My frame is in transit and will arrive Monday.

I will post pics soon. It will be built and on the trail tuesday if its not late.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Frame is built. I will post pics soon.

banned
    Apr 2010
    I try not to deal with anyone Litespeed-related. They are the ones, after all, who in part put out utter pieces of **** that shouldn't have left the factory.

I am waiting on the pro-custom guys to come in and say stolen money and lies are part of the dues one has to pay, that are worth it, in order to get a custom frame.
    Last edited by junktrunk; 10-26-2010 at 09:32 PM.