Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Press Release: Newest CHUMBA Frame - VF2 Sub 6lb. Full-Suspension Frame Now Available

Anaheim, CA - The CHUMBA VF2 is now available. This sub 6 lb. frame is the most laterally and torsionally rigid bike for its weight class available today. Using sophisticated materials technology - hydroformed and butted tubing combined with a full carbon fiber rear end - this bike makes use of all of the latest technology to provide an unparalleled ride. Easily built at 25-26 lbs. this frame offers 5 inches of travel - while being built ultra-light to give it excellent climbing and maneuvering abilities.

Coming from a racing heritage of over 10 years - the VF2 comes from a long line of mcstrut designs with a suspension developed to offer proven suspension action - including neutral braking, a fully active suspension, and mechanically engineered to provide market-leading torsional and lateral rigidity. While using the latest materials technology to reduce weight - we haven't reduced the strength or performance of the frame by keeping signature CHUMBA designs such as a one-piece CNC machined inverted bottom bracket shell and wider diameter seat tubes and down tubes. The frame also incorporates CHUMBA's center of mass technology - providing a centrally balanced chassis for neutral steering and handling.

We have no doubt that this frame will provide a new level of riding experience for all - and surpass expectation's for suspension design as well as handling. The VF2 is available with a RP23 or DHX Air shock. The DHX Air is an upcharge of $120.00. We also offer the VF2 as a complete bike - with complete bikes starting at $3,200 MSRP.

Please give send us an e-mail at info@chumbaracing.com or visit www.chumbaracing.com; you can also call us at 714-986-9100 for more information.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Oh wow. The one with the cobalt wheels is the sex. 25lbs for 5in, that is mighty impressive.

ride hard take risks
    Wowzerz thats the first CF rear that actually looks solid!! very nice.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Flying Goat
    Pimp bike for sure... remember the faces of those picking one up at the demos... XD

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005
    Will that carbon rear and those swing links work on an 08 XCL? Just curious!

mtbr member

Just received my VF2!

Gorgeous! I have not built it up yet, but I can not stop looking at the frame. Frame plus Shock (Float RP23) come in at 6.28 lbs. The Blue Ano looks incredible. The bike turned out better I think than the images on the chumbaracing website. The 'VF2" badge/logo is actually located on the top tube instead of the down tube as pictured on their website. The welds all look great as well. I also like the red pivot bolts, they really compliment the frame. I could not be more pleased. I will let you know how it rides soon!

BMJ
    "42 lbs and climbing!"
    Pics?

mtbr member

Pics of my new VF2

I have posted pics on the All Mountain forum "My New Chumba"

mtbr member
    Those are some beautiful pictures. What type of camera did you use?

Here's a link: Just received my Chumba VF2. WOW!
    Last edited by CHUMBAevo; 01-06-2009 at 05:51 PM.

mtbr member
    I used a Canon EOS 5D. I will take more pics when built, but that may be a couple of weeks. Still waiting on some special order key components.

the train keeps rollin
    NCDawg, what size?
    beaver hunt

mtbr member

Medium

I got the medium. I am right at 5'10," so according to the chumbaracing website, I was at the very high end of the small, and very low end of the medium.

mtbr member

Looks better everytime I see it.

Beautiful frame ncarolinadawg, and nice photos. Nice job Chumba!

That looks a lot like my next bike.

mtbr member
    Is there any reason for the non-3D swing link?

You have this beautiful front triangle with sexy tubes and super nice annodizing (see ncarolinadawg's pictures for some great detail), you have this stout looking CF rear with assymetrical stays and very nice looking hardware, and then you have this swing-link that looks like it might have been pilfered from 3 year old Jamis overstock that was on blowout at Jenson. Give us a pretty 3d link that would do this frame justice

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrimack Dave
    Beautiful frame ncarolinadawg, and nice photos. Nice job Chumba!

That looks a lot like my next bike.
    You'd save almost 2 pounds in the frame alone, over your XCL. Just make sure you get a production run frame this time, not the one with lead tubes.
    beaver hunt

customized
    Sep 2003
    What are those red hubs in the second pic?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Severum
    What are those red hubs in the second pic?
    Those are CHUMBA hubs --

A.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT
    Is there any reason for the non-3D swing link?

You have this beautiful front triangle with sexy tubes and super nice annodizing (see ncarolinadawg's pictures for some great detail), you have this stout looking CF rear with assymetrical stays and very nice looking hardware, and then you have this swing-link that looks like it might have been pilfered from 3 year old Jamis overstock that was on blowout at Jenson. Give us a pretty 3d link that would do this frame justice
    One piece swing link is currently in development - and will likely also be retrofittable to the XCL.

A.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    One piece swing link is currently in development - and will likely also be retrofittable to the XCL.

A.
    Awesome...that swing link with the monster long hardware for attaching the shock is my only nitpick on the frame.

mtbr member
    ...that swing link with the monster long hardware...
    Agreed. Please make sure the new swing link uses much shorter hardware.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I had one of these in my hands the other day and the pics don't do them justice. One of these days, maybe... it would make a nice complement to the Evo, something to use on the all day rides.

mtbr member

//

Awesome...that swing link with the monster long hardware for attaching the shock is my only nitpick on the frame.
    That hardware is normal length for the bushing on the fox shock - it really can't get any shorter on a mcstrut design - or most rockers or shock hardware for that matter.

mtbr member
    I was thinking of a rocker shape similar to the one on the Transition's -
    Transition Double Photo Album
    Transition Bottlerocket Photo Album

It appears to have shorter mounting hardware on the part of the shock that attaches to the swing-link. It just seems like you could do something like this with a 3D, one peice design and eliminate a potential weak spot.

mtbr member

I was thinking of a rocker shape similar to the one on the Transition's -
    Transition Double Photo Album
    Transition Bottlerocket Photo Album

It appears to have shorter mounting hardware on the part of the shock that attaches to the swing-link. It just seems like you could do something like this with a 3D, one peice design and eliminate a potential weak spot.
    Actually, from the looks of it - it appears the hardware for the VF2 and the length between swinglinks should be shorter than that bike because of the narrower top tube.

mtbr member
    Cool...for whatever reason it just looks long in the pictures. You have to love prompt responses from right from the source!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast