Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your Sette Reken

47K views 158 replies 54 participants last post by  Rootdown4594 
#1 · (Edited)
Lets see all the Variations. Post specs if you wish also.

Sette Reken Frame 18" Custom White/Black
Sette Venn Seat Post
Sette Type B Lock on Grips
Sette Vector T6 Handle Bar
Manitou R7 Elite
Titec Big Al Stem
Avid Speed Dial 7 Levers
Avid BB7 Disc Brakes*
Shimano Deore Disc Hubs with Sun Rhyno Rims
Panaracer Fire XC Tires
Race Face Ride XC Crank
Salsa 32T Chain Ring
Race Face Bash guard
Selle San Marco Saddle
Shimano Clipless Pedals
Sram 9 speed chain
Sram PG-990 9 Speed Cassette 11-32
Sram X-9 Short Cage Derailluer
Sram X-7 Trigger Shifter
Jagwire Shifter Cable*
Shimano Cable Housing Shifter
Alligator Super Fortress Brake Cables

26lb 10.1oz
on my shipping scale

See less See more
#6 ·
I got first, but I should qualify it. It was a 55 mile ride w/ 4000 ft. of climbing and then about a 10 mile race from the base of the mountain back to the finish line. After 55 miles and 4000 ft. of climbing, the last thing you want to do is race somewhere..haha.

My Reken weighs in at about 25 lbs. It is way lighter than all of my friends' bikes and flies up hills with little effort. It works great for MTB racing and I even used it for a 'cross race.

#7 ·
Any red reken builds?

I am thinking of doing a surprise build for my wife for Christmas. I was thinking the red frame with XT drive train, white stroker trails, Manitou R7 elite, and all white accoutrements. I would love to see anything similar before I pull the trigger. Even if it is red with a black cockpit it'll give me a decent frame of reference. Right now she is on a stock Trek 3700 and really starting to like riding. I have a feeling the build I described about will be quicker than a hiccup and will be a lot of fun for her to ride. Any thoughts? Thanks guys.

#9 ·
I will soon have a reken and it will be built as such:
Black 20" Reken frame,
Black White Brother Magic 100 fork
Specialized S-Works Carbon flat bar or Monkey Lite Carbon 1" riser
FSA XC-300 wheels w/ kenda karma 2.0 tires (tubeless)
X0 short cage rear derailleur
Shim LX crank
Sram 990 cassette
Hope Mono Mini hydro brakes
black headset (chris king)
esi black grips
x0 twist shifter
Thomson black seat post
black rocket saddle

it'll be basically murdered out and should be around 24-25# when all is said and done. I'll post a pic when I get it built up next week.

#12 ·
Jake Pay said:
R7

What's keeping your chain from dropping off the chainring?

I will it to stay so it does :thumbsup:

I had a N-Gear Jump stop on there but my chain never dropped so I took it off. Been riding more than a few times since then with no issues. I think it stays because my setup dont suck :p The Salsa SS ring combined with my X.9 Short Cage seems to keep the chain well planted in place threw all 9 gears in the back.

#13 ·
Dremer03 said:
I will it to stay so it does :thumbsup:

I had a N-Gear Jump stop on there but my chain never dropped so I took it off. Been riding more than a few times since then with no issues. I think it stays because my setup dont suck :p The Salsa SS ring combined with my X.9 Short Cage seems to keep the chain well planted in place threw all 9 gears in the back.

I hope your luck holds. ;)

#22 ·

I got it most of the way together, still need to finish off the cables and a few other odds and ends.

Build list:
20" frame
WTB dual duty wheels
Kenda 2.3 K-rads
X.5 shifters
X.5 Rear derailleur
Deore front derailleur
BB7 185mm front brake
Deore LX crankset
Tora 318 Soloair fork
everything else is from my Giant XTC 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.