Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your Sette Reken

47K views 158 replies 54 participants last post by  Rootdown4594 
#1 · (Edited)
Lets see all the Variations. Post specs if you wish also.

Sette Reken Frame 18" Custom White/Black
Sette Venn Seat Post
Sette Type B Lock on Grips
Sette Vector T6 Handle Bar
Manitou R7 Elite
Titec Big Al Stem
Avid Speed Dial 7 Levers
Avid BB7 Disc Brakes*
Shimano Deore Disc Hubs with Sun Rhyno Rims
Panaracer Fire XC Tires
Race Face Ride XC Crank
Salsa 32T Chain Ring
Race Face Bash guard
Selle San Marco Saddle
Shimano Clipless Pedals
Sram 9 speed chain
Sram PG-990 9 Speed Cassette 11-32
Sram X-9 Short Cage Derailluer
Sram X-7 Trigger Shifter
Jagwire Shifter Cable*
Shimano Cable Housing Shifter
Alligator Super Fortress Brake Cables

26lb 10.1oz
on my shipping scale

See less See more
#157 ·
Slowly building my soon to be wife a Reken, Right now has some take off cranks stem bar and derailleur, manitou minute fork easton seat post. I just test fit the wheels off my trek crossrip 700Cx32 and the fit perfectly. thinking that is the direction that I am going to go with it for her. a set of 29er wheels and aggressive cross tires.

#158 ·

Pretty much built from old parts laying around. Was initially a hard tail with a Rockshox Tora fork built to complement my full suspension Trek Top Fuel. I would use it as my "road" bike because it was lighter smother and stiffer. Never seemed to take it into the trails. Decided to make it more of a "city" bike to suite how I was using it. Installed a carbon fork, fat road tires, replaced the riser bar with a flat bar and flipped the stem over.

Older Shimano XT drive train, with Mavic Crossone wheels, and Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes.

#159 ·
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel

Noticed one day that I had enough old parts laying about that all I really needed was a frame to make a complete bike. Looking for inexpensive frames I came across the Reken. Initially was built as a hard tail with a Rockshox Tora fork to compliment a full suspension Trek Top Fuel. Realized that I never used the bike off road I decided to make it more of a "city" bike. Swapped out the suspension fork with a rigid carbon fork. Installed a flat bar in place of the riser bar and flipped the stem over and put on some fat(1.75") road tires.

Mostly older XT components with Mavic Crossone wheels and Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.