Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Proud to have a Maverick to add to the gallery.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pigdog

Beautiful ML8 If I win the lottery, I'll buy one to add to my Durance. I bet it feels nice in the bumps.
    "I can eat fifty eggs"

Take Chances
    Like it alot.

Ty

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pigdog
    Nice. You sticking carbon DUC36's on it when they're released???

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Me with my Durance, complete with brand new full XT 10spd kit fitted the night before, at the 2012 Olympic XC MTB venue opening, I was reporting on for Singletrack Magazine...

You can read my writeup of the course here... http://www.singletrackworld.com/2011...lympic-course/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-ba42543_033-e12-au-mouintain-bike.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Ursula

Ok here's mine!

Started off as a very much XC bias build but, as can be seen in the pics, I have added a bit of meat to the bones of late! Best bike I have ever ridden, let alone owned

I really need to shorten that front brake hose...

HoDad
    Great looking Maverick. I am sure it climbs and descends like no other. Good job on the build.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Why thank you! (blushes )

mtbr member
    "Morris"

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Bingo

Upgraded the ML75 to an ML8 late last year and am absolutely loving it.

Full XTR with Hope Tech M4/X2 brakes and Scandium Bonty Rhythm Pro wheels. Have a trip to Les Arcs in the Alps booked in the summer so will be putting some dual ply Minion 2.5s on it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hughjayteens

Full XTR with Hope Tech M4/X2 brakes and Scandium Bonty Rhythm Pro wheels. Have a trip to Les Arcs in the Alps booked in the summer so will be putting some dual ply Minion 2.5s on it.

That's really nice!

rebmem rbtm

Really like that bike. I wanted to run those wheels and I have a new bonty mav hub but couldn't find 'em at a price I wanted to pay. Are you running the NN tubeless?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks guys. Yeah they are running tubeless but were such tight fit I had to get my LBS to fit them as I kept snapping tyre levers! They are UST tyres so a but heavy but it rides so well I don't really care!

The wheels are fantastic - wide rims but very light and strong and always good money in the UK as everyone wants Stans!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

ML8 and Whyte 19 Trail

Here's the ML8 and Whyte 19 which runs SC32s. The brakes are matching so I can interchange wheels.

mtbr member
    ... and Scandium Bonty Rhythm Pro wheels ... [/IMG]
    did you have the front wheel made up, or is the maverick hub available a BTO for the rhythm wheelset?

ragetty

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I had it made up - bought the wheels from a guy stripping a Remedy and had a local guy rebuild it for me.

mtbr member
    Here's mine - ML8 large, ready for French Alps....This frame works really so well
    The fork is the specialized E150 for now, i'm working on the setting, only concern is the weight of this fork, but overall behaviour is fine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Injunction

I'm going to catch hell for the orange bike, but damn, I like it. FedEx brought this today. Large ML8, XT Build. Brown's Camp tomorrow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-100_0851.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-100_0852.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    oh yeah, orange looks good there! Welcome to the Oregon ML8 Owners Club

Take Chances
    Yee Haw!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks pigdog. I'm recent transplant from the Colorado front range, and am really looking forward to checking out the riding out here.

Nice tymelero! I didn't even think about the general lee... funny! Now I have to jump this thing!

HoDad
    Sick Bike- Love it

Take Chances

browns Camp

Quote Originally Posted by cpyatt05
    Thanks pigdog. I'm recent transplant from the Colorado front range, and am really looking forward to checking out the riding out here.

Nice tymelero! I didn't even think about the general lee... funny! Now I have to jump this thing!
    If you are still going to browns camp today let me know the conditions. I am doing the cyclocross thing today at FP with a freind but hope to get out on my ml8 tomorrow.

Take Chances

My turn. Me and my ML8 on University Falls Loop.

Post your Maverick!!-dsc07184.jpg

HoDad
    Sssswwwweeeeeetttttt!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tymelero
    If you are still going to browns camp today let me know the conditions. I am doing the cyclocross thing today at FP with a freind but hope to get out on my ml8 tomorrow.
    Sorry tymelero, I didn't see this, but it looks like you got out there anyway. Sweet bike!!

I had a great ride on Saturday. Awesome trail. A little wet in places, but a great day to be out. It's hard for me not to gush over how much fun that bike is to ride. Wow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-100_0864.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Awesome! I think I need to invest in an adjustable seatpost as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Loving the orange bike! Think it makes the ML8 look very 2011 - TBH, I'm getting a bit bored of the hard ano finish despite it being very hard wearing and was thinking only today about getting it painted in something a little brighter - quite fancied the durance blue colour.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I know what you mean about the hard ano. That baby blue durance colour was a beauty!

I actually really quite like the ML8 in orange. IMHO the ML8 also looks more 'right' with the dual crown fork, the Durance just doesn't carry the DUC off half as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thiswreckage
    ... the Durance just doesn't carry the DUC off half as well.
    i think that depends on how the bike has been built up - there have been a few weight-weenie ml8s posted here and the DUC32 doesn't look good on those either ...

the orange on the ml8 doesn't do it for me - maybe with the right combination of parts it could be workable, but i think i would rather just paint the frame the durance fast baby blue ...

ragetty

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Durance baby blue with a DUC36.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thiswreckage
    Ok here's mine!

Started off as a very much XC bias build but, as can be seen in the pics, I have added a bit of meat to the bones of late! Best bike I have ever ridden, let alone owned

I really need to shorten that front brake hose...
    Where was this pic taken? I'm sure I recognise that bridge in the background...

Nice bike by the way.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Markyboy, I think it's just off the River Aire between Horsforth and Rodley in Leeds. One of a couple of cheeky routes off the Leeds Liverpool canal!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ah, you're a fair bit north of me then. Looks just like a bridge going over the river near Bewdley in Worcestershire. Never mind, thought I'd found another local Mav owner then!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Ah, pity. I'm sure most of these bridges look the same. Both within the UK seems to be about as local as Maverick owners come around here IME!

Numerous wiring problems.
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Badly Wired Dog

This is Ego, he's a medium ML7, is a naturalised UK citizen and he doesn't look much like that any more, in fact I should take an up to date pic - now has '07 XTR cranks, shifters, mech, Formula B4 SL brakes, Stan's rims etc...

Had him for about four years now. I reduced the travel on the fork by 15mm which made the whole bike feel much more balanced and together. Was way too chopperish with the original ML7 geometry.

Lovely, lovely bike, climbs like a mountain goat :-)
    Hmmm.... original image gone missing, here's a new old one

Post your Maverick!!-maverick02.jpg

Take Chances
    Quote Originally Posted by cpyatt05
    Sorry tymelero, I didn't see this, but it looks like you got out there anyway. Sweet bike!!

I had a great ride on Saturday. Awesome trail. A little wet in places, but a great day to be out. It's hard for me not to gush over how much fun that bike is to ride. Wow.
    That trail is so fun after the section of the technical climb you get that so sweet downhill. there is one perfect root between two tree's that you can just launch off. What a great trail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Old Skool

Here is "Acquire" born on 2/14/02. One of the early Maverick American ML7 frames with the CNC'ed rear damper body. These were mostly Root Beer anodized at the time, but mine is a much lighter shade, closer to a Root Bear Float. Still running XTR 950 include e-type front derailleur, which after much trial and error is perfectly set up and works flawlessly. Rest of the build includes Maverick SC32, Mavic 819 rims laced (tied and soldered) to Chris King (rear) and Maverick 24/7 (front), Thomson stem and post, Avid Juicy Ultimates and Easton Monkeylite SL handlebar. As is, weight is around 26.5 lbs., when I switch to lighter tires it drops down to 25.5 lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-p1020545.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1020547.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1020548.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    wow. nice ride.

mtbr member

My ML8 Build

Hardly as sick of a bike as many of the rigs on this forum, but it's what I could come up with on a limited budget! Used '06 frame ($500) built up with mostly new, but some used, components. Great ride so far, I just put on the 30" wide bars today, testing them out tomorrow. Longer stem too as my previous stem was too damn short for steady climbing.

I'm really impressed with how this bike handles everything I've thrown at it so far. I may be an ML8 lover for life, let you know after this summer and a fall trip to Moab.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-img_7318.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-img_7316.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Kotten

HoDad
    Nice

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by extaski View Post

Kotten
    Gorgeous!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cpyatt05 View Post
    I'm going to catch hell for the orange bike, but damn, I like it. FedEx brought this today. Large ML8, XT Build. Brown's Camp tomorrow!
    I like the orange too, add some white wheels and you got the creamsicle dreamcycle..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1980 View Post
    Me with my Durance, complete with brand new full XT 10spd kit fitted the night before, at the 2012 Olympic XC MTB venue opening, I was reporting on for Singletrack Magazine...
    i was just wondering if that is a 2.4" FA out back and whether it rubs on the rear triangle anywhere (e.g. when cornering) ...

ragetty

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ragetty View Post
    i was just wondering if that is a 2.4" FA out back and whether it rubs on the rear triangle anywhere (e.g. when cornering) ...

ragetty
    It's a 2.25" Fat Albert, and it only just clears the swingarm as it is.

Also, it's about the single worst rear tyre I've ever used, it's absolute pap, and is about to be consigned to ebay, never to return... I've had semi slicks that offer more grip under both breaking and climbing, let alone cornering!

Here's yet another pic of my bike, having just been prepared for racing the Singletrack Weekender this weekend just gone...

Rear tyre wise, any suggestions? Thinking maybe 2.2" Rubber Queen, but I want something fast rolling too you see. My default fast rolling rear tyre has been a 2.3" Michelin Dry2 (which are actually much grippier than their name suggests too), but really I do want an all year round tyre in honesty.

HoDad
    Maybe a Small Block Eight. Ultimate XC Racing tire with lots of speed and grip. Well suited for a variety of riding conditions. .

mtbr member
    Racing Ralph ?
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

French Maverick Breeder

A Man Of The Truth
    Wow where has this thread been all my life!!

pigdog I think our bikes were separated at birth.

My fork is a rock shox lyrik air. You can't tell by looking because I had to replace my lowers after about two weeks, and rock shocks does the same lowers for multiple models so no decals. The drive train is a shimano alfine 11 internal hub. Much better then detailers but still not quite perfect i'd say.

--- no photo available --- I have to edit this post and add the photo from another computer, sorry.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Proud to join the Maverick family! It's 2natime's fault- i rode his "Inky"

Oh, happy happy, joy joy! I've been gagging for one of these for some time now after riding 2natime's "Inky". You've got to ask yourself: "Am i worth it?" -the answer is always and clearly -YES! Actually, I got a stellar deal on the frame in the box and Just added a new fork-R.S. rev TI cuz'... that frame deserves it. The rest is high end stuff from my- now for sale- Intense Spider. In all fairness, the Spyder is a great bike but the bushing issues are a hassle if you hammer it and well, it just aint a Maverick. The nice part is, as I travel a lot for work, I can separate the front and rear triangles and it packs easily into a hard travel case that stays under the airlines baggage limits. I still tell them, like 2natime, that it is "art supplies" in case of fussy/unhappy counter people. It's not a lie as these things are definitely art and it supplies me with massive grin factor. Just got back from my second ride on it and man is this thing sweet. VPP is nice but not anything like this. It's so cool not to need lockout in the rear to stand up and hammer. Feels flawless to me! and that's what matters, no? now how do i add a picture of "Somoa" ...my birthday present,my precious.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-img_0968.jpg  

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast