Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Very little clearance but sufficient for a 3.8 Nate tire on a 80MM rim.
    Last edited by patineto; 12-30-2012 at 11:19 PM.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprduper View Post
    Hello,
    I've. Been following your build Seven build and I want to say it an awesome ride, I recently purchased a used seven duo which has nearly the same geometry as a medium maverick matic other than the stand over height which seems a little high, it's right up against my inseam, so,I'm wondering what your standover height and I seam are...if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks !
    My thread display is in linear mode so I was not sure if that was for me or not til I look at my member page message. I answer it there.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/groups/t-w-o-...ml#gmessage624

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Brand new never riden ML8 found in storage

Post your Maverick!!-image.jpgFound this in storage brand new I think 2007 ml8 size XL. Let me know if anyone is interested..

mtbr member

Insatiable

It's about time I posted pics of my ML8 here... I am the "lucky SOB" that won the frame at the Wydaho Rendezvous back in 2010.
    I've had her built for a couple of years now and just changed the drivetrain to 2x9.
    Meet "Insatiable":

Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0195.jpg

Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0196.jpg

Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0201-001.jpg

Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0203.jpg

I absolutely love this bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive View Post
    It's about time I posted pics of my ML8 here... I am the "lucky SOB" that won the frame at the Wydaho Rendezvous back in 2010.
    I've had her built for a couple of years now and just changed the drivetrain to 2x9.
    Meet "Insatiable":

I absolutely love this bike.
    Glad to hear it, I've only ever seen one other in my area. Draws more attention than all the mainstream stuff and does more than most of em to! Have a ball!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zx1200r View Post
    Glad to hear it, I've only ever seen one other in my area. Draws more attention than all the mainstream stuff and does more than most of em to! Have a ball!
    Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Oh, I forgot about the most important part!

Post your Maverick!!-525296_3411728525870_1997626693_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive View Post
    Oh, I forgot about the most important part!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	525296_3411728525870_1997626693_n.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	769836
    Bonus points!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    what is this?

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by stamatis View Post
    what is this?
    Bottle opener

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The new DUC32 I just got, already install on my Nicolai.

Thanks to Ethan I found the parts that where missing (31/8mm stem, "longer Steer tube", etc) plus a bunch of cool stickers

And a pair of red guards for my SC32 fork on my fatbike, but so far I'm not to sure if I like them or not..
    Last edited by patineto; 02-08-2013 at 05:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Post your Maverick!!

Looks nice & I'm glad it fits your fat tired bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hello all. First post here.
    I used to Mountain bike but living in NJ at the beach now and I limit my biking to get to and from work which is a 6 mile route on flat paved land. Yeah, kinda boring. I have lived in Tahoe and then Steamboat CO and remember my days on my RockShox/hardtail fondly.

Here is why I am posting... I was in my company's warehouse looking for a box to ship a fork to a friend, and oddly enough I come across the perfect sized box. My warehouse manager tells me that I am welcome to the box and the thing that is inside of it. Well... to my surprise, I look down and the box is printed "Maverick American Fork". As I open it I realize quite quickly that I am looking at a brand new, still wrapped in plastic, full suspension mountain bike fork with matching Hub, Crown and some other goodies. The manager said it was shipped erroneously to our location about 8 years ago and he tried to return it but Maverick did not want it back. The fork in particular is a DUC32.

So anyway.... After some limited googling, I find out that Maverick has been out of business for a little while now. But it seems that they made quite an impression on the MTB community and produced some excellent bikes during their run, many of which are still running.

I am not sure what to do with the fork. The packing ship from Maverick lists the total of everything at $650. Is this a collector's item? Is this fork still being used? Would anyone be interested in it?

When I say mint, I mean the pastic is still on the fork. I am not certain if i even want to sell it, but really, I have no use for it. I have enough random bike stuff sitting around so I am open to any and all inquiries.

And in closing... being a brand-noob to this forum I sincerely apologize if this is the incorrect place to post something like this. I did not see a "marketplace forum" or anything that seemed to fit what I was writing about.

Thanks for reading and take care.

A Man Of The Truth
    Some people loved the DUC32. I never liked them. My ML8 has a single crown rock shox currently.
    Check out my Mountain Bike Keychains on eBay

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Hello all. First post here.
    I used to Mountain bike but living in NJ at the beach now and I limit my biking to get to and from work which is a 6 mile route on flat paved land. Yeah, kinda boring. I have lived in Tahoe and then Steamboat CO and remember my days on my RockShox/hardtail fondly.

Here is why I am posting... I was in my company's warehouse looking for a box to ship a fork to a friend, and oddly enough I come across the perfect sized box. My warehouse manager tells me that I am welcome to the box and the thing that is inside of it. Well... to my surprise, I look down and the box is printed "Maverick American Fork". As I open it I realize quite quickly that I am looking at a brand new, still wrapped in plastic, full suspension mountain bike fork with matching Hub, Crown and some other goodies. The manager said it was shipped erroneously to our location about 8 years ago and he tried to return it but Maverick did not want it back. The fork in particular is a DUC32.

So anyway.... After some limited googling, I find out that Maverick has been out of business for a little while now. But it seems that they made quite an impression on the MTB community and produced some excellent bikes during their run, many of which are still running.

I am not sure what to do with the fork. The packing ship from Maverick lists the total of everything at $650. Is this a collector's item? Is this fork still being used? Would anyone be interested in it?

When I say mint, I mean the pastic is still on the fork. I am not certain if i even want to sell it, but really, I have no use for it. I have enough random bike stuff sitting around so I am open to any and all inquiries.

And in closing... being a brand-noob to this forum I sincerely apologize if this is the incorrect place to post something like this. I did not see a "marketplace forum" or anything that seemed to fit what I was writing about.

Thanks for reading and take care.

I am interested. How do I contact you? You dont have enough posts to receive pm. Let me know

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I swap the forks around just for cosmetic issues..
    Post your Maverick!!-img_4350-m.jpg

They look much better now..
    Post your Maverick!!-img_4340-m.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hello all....
    Regarding the new DUC32... I have received several PMs about the fork. but cannot yet reply because I have a low post number. So once I ge past ten I'll respond to all that have shown interest. IT iwl probably take a day ro two for me to find some relevant topics topics to contribute to.

I will, however, post a few pics of the contents of the package as well.

thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Pics of the New Duc32

Here are pics the new Maverick DUC32.
    I will reply to all those that expressed interest in the fork with a price.
    Thanks for the help and interest!

Post your Maverick!!-1.jpgPost your Maverick!!-2.jpgPost your Maverick!!-contents.jpgPost your Maverick!!-crown.jpgPost your Maverick!!-fork.jpgPost your Maverick!!-fork2.jpgPost your Maverick!!-fork3.jpgPost your Maverick!!-hub.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    this is the list invoice for the MAverick DUC32 package from the prior post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-list.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007machineguy View Post

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1162 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	750229Found this in storage brand new I think 2007 ml8 size XL. Let me know if anyone is interested..
    Someone could be in for a good deal...
    Last edited by zx1200r; 03-23-2013 at 05:01 PM.

banned
    Jan 2012
    Here's my ML7, Size L and it's name is Non-Ferrous ML7, I named it Titan, a AI from the Deus Ex mod Project 2027, FYI.

Speclist: Everything XT except for the shifters and FD, Sram gripshifts and a XTR M960-E type FD, ML7.2 rear shock which is REALLY in the need of a service, a Fox F32 RL 100mm fork [I want a 36 Talas, new shock or fork, choices!]

Mavic Crossride Disc wheelset, IRC Mibro/Conti MK 2.2's, Selle Italia X2 saddle, A Ritchey stem, Specialized seatpost, some Bontrager Race X Lite Carbon bar ends and Race Face Evolve LowRiser bars.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Durance with XX1

As she sits now:
    Post your Maverick!!-maverick-durance-sram-xx1.jpg
    I'm loving the XX1, even though I'm not usually a SRAM guy. So smooth and quiet with a wide range and Shimano-like shift effort. Never a dropped chain once and the bike weighs 25.5lb with a dropper, sealant, and 14mm f&r. This bike has been getting all of the love lately...

mtbr member
    mbC that is a seriously light and capable bike, nice job I think my tractor (ML8) comes in around 33lb but then the xfusion forks weigh more than the frame lol

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    That certainly is nice. My ML8 is still below 30 but not once you get it muddy

mtbr member

Still want to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    this is the list invoice for the MAverick DUC32 package from the prior post.
    If your still interested in selling, let us know as well! (unless "voob" beat me to it!!!)
    mavericksuspension@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Changed a few components on my Durance since its last appearance on here, so thought I'd take another photo or two...

New RF Turbine Cranks, Deore brakes (wow, seriously!) and a change of tyres and pedals since last time... Just waiting for it to finally dry out a bit more here in the UK, so I can finally take the mud tyre off the back and put something faster rolling on (yes really, in May!).

mtbr member
    Lol know what you mean, hail, rain and then warm barmy sunshine then more rain in the same day. You running 3 rings up front? I ask because I went to two as I thought the shift to the bigger ring a bit vague on my ML8, I haven't missed it anyway. Your baby looks sweet, I couldn't get DUC's for my build but the xfusion 170/36mm run well. I've been running Shwalbe Hans Dampf tubeless for the last 6 months and love them wet or dry. Pity the carbon DUC36's never saw prodution.
    Last edited by zx1200r; 05-15-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Grammar

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Running a Double setup, 24/36/Bash, same as I have been for a while now. I ditched 3 front rings as I used to spend almost all my time in the 32, with the chain flapping about. Had 24/36 on a previous bike and decided to go the same route, personally I find it an ideal compromise. Just eyeing up a new clutch mech for it at the moment, see if they're as good as they're cracked up to be. Also looking for a new rear tyre...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

My ML8-DUC32 from my Dr Frankenstien ' Its Alive' post

So her is da chika after one ride yesterday

Post your Maverick!!-gedc0066.jpg

WWC
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

The bike with no name...

Not sure of age...

New Monolink, up-rated shock, xt/xtr shifters & RM, Hope ceramic bb, Reba RTL dual air, Hope XC hubs, Raceface XC cranks and NOS wildgrippers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jeez if you ever ride it on the road you'll never be at risk! Well pimped!

WWC
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Ha!

If less is more just think how much more more would be...

Actually that picture a little old.

It now has gold pedles and bb shell to match the seat post.

...plus a fair bit more mud!

mtbr member
    Mud and fun is what it's all about
    Had "Adoc" just over 12mths now and I need to change the linkage bearings for the second time is this normal? Maybe maintenance needs to be more than post ride clean and lube? Might just start a check on them every 3-4 rides though I do check for play pretty often. On another note I let my mate ride her as his cannondale lefty was in for fettling, now he's the type who just rides steady no dramas but was very impressed how well the ML8 climbs and confidence he felt in corners.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm "Locktite" on the way to Fruita and Grand Junction for a couple of days of fun.

Stop over in Frisco so we could fuel up. The car and us!

Post your Maverick!!-locktite-going-grand-junction..jpg
    Ponderosa

mtbr member
    my ml8 'frankenfenix' out in it's natural environment - alpine trails, rocks, rain, mud & cow 5hit

idealy i would prefer less of the last 3

updates:

sram 1070 11-36 10sp cassette with General Lee 25t/29t/34t/40t adapter
    sram x9 deraileur, medium, type 2
    sram s1400 crank, spiderless with 'chain-retaining' 30t ring from absoluteblack
    bionicon c-guide
    onza ibex dh 2.4", RC255a rubber

Post your Maverick!!-muddy.ml8.jpg

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    The hubs, bars, and chain ring really make that bike pop ragetty! Sweet looking machine.

mtbr member
    thx!

i forgot to mention the addition of extra cups for the head set bearings so that the fork angle is flattened by about 1.5° - despite abuse everything has been holding up fine ...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Although it is not mine, guess it is worth to post:

I am trying to buy it, but it's not easy.
    Anymore info or pics about this custom paintjobs?
    I have seen this one too:
    Coolest Maverick Name...?

and this one:

banned
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 007machineguy View Post

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1162 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	750229Found this in storage brand new I think 2007 ml8 size XL. Let me know if anyone is interested..
    Certainly this is going to be EXTREMELY expensive, but how much are you asking for it? can't PM because of the idiotic post rule.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnie View Post
    Although it is not mine, guess it is worth to post:

I am trying to buy it, but it's not easy.
    Anymore info or pics about this custom paintjobs?
    I have seen this one too:
    Coolest Maverick Name...?

and this one:
    I like it. This is the old style ML7 sold until 2004 with custom paints. Flowers, fishes ...
    I remember the all first website ... A great time for Maverick, so sad it is finished
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpamayo View Post
    I like it. This is the old style ML7 sold until 2004 with custom paints. Flowers, fishes ...
    I remember the all first website ... A great time for Maverick, so sad it is finished
    Do you have any pics of it?
    I tried internet archieve but only found this pic:

Does it have any difference from later ML7?
    At least on the back suspension it says fox

banned
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnie View Post
    Do you have any pics of it?
    I tried internet archieve but only found this pic:

Does it have any difference from later ML7?
    At least on the back suspension it says fox
    That's a early ML7 with a Fox-Maverick rear shock, kinda rare by now..

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ragetty View Post
    thx!

i forgot to mention the addition of extra cups for the head set bearings so that the fork angle is flattened by about 1.5° - despite abuse everything has been holding up fine ...
    which headset did you use?

mtbr member
    the standard 1 1/8" integrated campy recommended for maverick frames - effectively the cups just lengthen and flatten the steerer path through the headtube, replacing the bearing surfaces in the headtube with 'external ones'.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    the standard 1 1/8" integrated campy recommended for maverick frames - effectively the cups just lengthen and flatten the steerer path through the headtube, replacing the bearing surfaces in the headtube with 'external ones'.
    I thought that you use cane creek angleset headset.
    your patent seems a little difficult , isn't it?
    Do you have any photos?

mtbr member
    no, the crane creek angleset is NOT made for the maverick type of head tube (1 1/8" integrated/campagnolo).

i got my bearing cups from saar gelvan in israel. i believe there is another company in the UK that is making similar adapters (but perhaps not for integrated head tubes). they are not cheap, but service and attention from saar gelvan could not be better.

the bearing cups are machined for a specific length of head tube, which also determines how much the angle can be adjusted (the shorter, the better). mine are installed on the durance/DUC32 (gives a little over 67°) and on my ml8/lyrik (gives a little over 66°). both set-ups are working fine, despite being used hard in the rough - but then i only weigh 72kg kitted up

you can see in the images how the top bearing is set back with respect to the head tube. the lower bearing is also set forward. the overall change in steering angle results from this, plus 12mm additional stack height ...

Post your Maverick!!-img_0520.jpgPost your Maverick!!-img_0522.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2009
    thank you ragetty. Good job

mtbr member
    the overall change in steering angle results from this, plus 12mm additional stack height ...

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	831351Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0522.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	831352
    How has this affected the climbing ability of the bikes?
    Are the cups glued into the frame head tube cups? Are they removable to reverse back to original. What about the affect of the new trail and rake on the fork stanchions. Directional forces will be different.

I had thought of doing this and contacted Saar but changed my mind due to the steepness/climbing of my local trails. This is why I decided to try a 650b front wheel.

mtbr member
    i'm in the alps and we have some steep climbs here - climbing abilty is not impaired, at least not that i have noticed.

they are 'glued' with loctite green (as for bearings), saar actually recommends this too. and so yes, they are removable.

i had my duc32 in one of the first giant reign frames, and the head angle must have been about 66° too - again without issue. strictly speaking, i don't remember maverick ever placing any restriction (re. head angle) on the use of the duc32. lastly, a 650b wheel will change your geometry too, and i don't see ethan saying 'stop'.

personally, i think it is the best (external) thing you can do to help the fork perform. naturally, the frames were not designed for this, so everyone must decide for themselves ...

mtbr member
    ... note that you do have to check the exact dimensions on the maverick head tubes, as they may not be exact to spec - specifically the depth of the bearing seats below/above the top/bottom of the head tube:

Post your Maverick!!-headset-integrated.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Here is mine:

Ml8 (found brand new in a store)
    DUC 32
    Shimano 105 Triple Front D.
    Shimano XT 3x10
    Race Face Next Carbon Handlebar
    Frm scandium seat post
    SMP Hybrid Saddle
    Hope Brakes
    Mavic wheels (front hub maverick and rear is hope, with new bearings)
    Last edited by skinnie; 10-12-2013 at 11:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Looks Mint!! Personally I'd go 2x10 or even 1x11 if I had the cash, shifting wasn't so good when I had the 3 so changed it pretty soon after build. Lucky you

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    This bike was given to me in exchange of two month work in a bicycle store with was the importer of maverick to Portugal.
    It was kinda built "as I wanted", I had the option of having 2x10spd but I guess the mount for the derailleur needed to be machined, and I though it wasn't robust enough.
    And since I never ran 2x10 but only 3x9 I decided to stay with 3x10.
    The frame was new and was getting dust because it missed some parts (which I managed to find).
    Only front suspension needs to go to our friend alpatech in France to get good revision and maybe some tune up.
    Now unfortunately I am in 1 year Erasmus in Slovenia but when I arrive to Portugal in Xmas it will get a good ride

mtbr member
    I didn't do any machining for my setup on a 2006 frame but 3x10'll get your where you want to go anyway. Enjoy Slovenia and have a blast when you get back bro.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Me new to me ML-7, a work in progress, waiting for the front derailleur parts from Ethan..
    Post your Maverick!!-img_5032-m.jpg

I also need to thank you guys for the wonderful attitude and willingness to share what you know..

rebmem rbtm
    nice bike and duc32. don't be afraid to have a yard sale.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_sdca View Post
    nice bike and duc32. don't be afraid to have a yard sale.

Tell me about it way to much stuff, this is how my "parts storage" looks like and even then I end up buying a bunch of brand new parts since the Maverick's are so specific..
    Post your Maverick!!-photo-xl.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-photo-l.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I decide to go with a White Flite and a Hope QR seat collar to add some color even if it clashes with the "mango" from the forks a little.
    Post your Maverick!!-img_5033-l.jpg

I also wrap the chainstay with "self Vulcanizing" tape, really neat material.
    Post your Maverick!!-img_5038-l.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Actually I'm thinking of painting the new frame White or at least a bright fun color, any pictures of white ML-7's around..?? the flat black is just to boring for me..

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    My new ML-7 almost complete..

I don't really like the mate black anodizing, so I may painted in the near future.

Pretty aluminum bolts just for bling, The "Rollamagic" works great with such a swingarm like the ML-7.

I cross the cables to "the other side" for rounder curves and better shifting.
    Post your Maverick!!-img_5065-l.jpg

More pretty bolts, hopefully they will not fail.
    Post your Maverick!!-img_5050-m.jpg

Still missing some parts.
    Post your Maverick!!-img_5056-l.jpg

I need to thank Ethan for been so helpful..

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Good to see she is coming together. It looks like you have the Travis Brown version of the DUC32 that originally came on a Trek 69er. The good news is that it had a nicely tricked out damper with an IFP. The bad news (not really bad news) is that it also came with travel reducing spacers for a 29er front wheel. If you haven't checked, you may want to open up that fork and see if those spacers are still there. If you stay with a 26" front wheel you can remove the spacers (leave the bottom out bumpers!) for more travel.

On second thought, maybe the reduced travel is a better match for the ML7. Anyone else out there have thoughts on that?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by g_henrys View Post
    Good to see she is coming together. It looks like you have the Travis Brown version of the DUC32 that originally came on a Trek 69er. The good news is that it had a nicely tricked out damper with an IFP. The bad news (not really bad news) is that it also came with travel reducing spacers for a 29er front wheel. If you haven't checked, you may want to open up that fork and see if those spacers are still there. If you stay with a 26" front wheel you can remove the spacers (leave the bottom out bumpers!) for more travel.

On second thought, maybe the reduced travel is a better match for the ML7. Anyone else out there have thoughts on that?
    Thanks senor, yes the fork is from a trek and I already to the 29er spacer long time ago..

Ps: you guys know so much about this bikes, what a wonderful forum..

PsII: I install a crossmax wheel in the back and I'm sending the front wheel to a great friend and amazing fabricator to the get a Maverick compatible axle made..

mtbr member
    May 2009

My Mono-Link family

Here is my Mono-Link collection. Tracky (ML7), Gary (Klein) Mabel (Wifes new Matic), and Trigger (Durance) and Diesel our riding buddy. I ordered these new frames from Ethan and he allowed us to pick our names. I didn't see the post of someone else with a ML8 named Trigger till after I ordered. The older ML7 and Palomino will donate their parts then get put on ebay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-family.jpg  

rebmem rbtm

Still Loving my Durance

Posted around page 8. Upgrades to brakes, drivetrain and have gone through a few tires. Just had the suspension cleaned out with new seals and oil by Independent Suspension Operation and it is running great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-20130818_173842.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Bought this ML8 off eBay about a month ago.. still getting it dialed, but so far, so good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-bike.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The ML-7 with Mavic crossmax wheels.

Axle thanks to JP Morgen amazing fabricator and a hell of a bicycle rider too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Okay she is ready at least for now..

New cables & housing, pretty mango M5 aluminum bolts and a dropper post..

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Do you have any close up pictures of the bolts? Also can you tell me where you got them?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by t22a80 View Post
    Do you have any close up pictures of the bolts? Also can you tell me where you got them?
    Sure I do..

The rear ones.

The front ones..

I got the mango bolts from pro-bolt USA, but be careful they are kind of a ripoff, not only the bolts are super expensive but they charge $8.75 to ship them and to make it worst it took almost 11 day to deliver them..

Now if you need a source red ones, gold ones or even black I have a source for much cheaper ones and shipping is free if you order more than 20

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Another little trick I did was to perform my trademark Safety wire job on the grips, they will never move, no matter how wet they get, no need for glue and I also like they way they look, plus is far more difficult to cut the grips and get the handle bar components stolen (not like I ever leave my bikes unattended)

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by t22a80 View Post
    Here is my Mono-Link collection. Tracky (ML7), Gary (Klein) Mabel (Wifes new Matic), and Trigger (Durance) and Diesel our riding buddy. I ordered these new frames from Ethan and he allowed us to pick our names. I didn't see the post of someone else with a ML8 named Trigger till after I ordered. The older ML7 and Palomino will donate their parts then get put on ebay.
    Wish I lived nearby my wife has an orange palimino, but she would die for that blue one. I would love to swap

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The ML-7 has become my favorite bike and I have plenty, so she is getting the best of my stuff including this Hope brakes that work so well.

So I got new stickers from Ethan But as a big dummy I think I install them a little to low (of a angle) on the downtube.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    A Maverick ML8 from Greece. It was my first ride today. Excellent.
    Here some photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-p1010547.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1010543.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1010544.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1010553.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1010554.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1010537.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1010551.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1010545.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hi stamatis, tasty build liking the colour scheme and attention to detail re rear shock valve cap and the rear crap catcher that brake hose a touch long maybe?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks zx1200r .
    I must cut the brake hose. The rear fender is DIY.
    Three more photos of building and one with Mt Olympus in backwards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-p1010536.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1010535.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-p1010563.jpg  

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Quote Originally Posted by stamatis View Post
    Thanks zx1200r .
    I must cut the brake hose. The rear fender is DIY.
    Three more photos of building and one with Mt Olympus in backwards
    Good to see your bike Stamatis.
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks Alpamayo

mtbr member

Good job! Poway to the Sea

Well, it's been a while, but here's the 69'er with the Brown DUC after a singletrack ride from the top of Poway/Lakeside to the sea... fork's all good.

Post your Maverick!!-2014-poway-sea-ae.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2009
    i like it very much

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I got a 12mm x 135mm rear axle with fun bolts for my Chris king hub and I have to say it makes a big difference in how the rear en feels..

mtbr member
    May 2014

AW: Post your Maverick!!

Hello from germany. Here my durance

Build it before 2weeks. The frame and fork was nos

Love it

Post your Maverick!!-uploadfromtaptalk1399814018499.jpgPost your Maverick!!-uploadfromtaptalk1399814035891.jpg

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nice bike Damian. If ever you need spare or are facing troubles contact me alpatech@free.fr. Not sure there is still a Maverick center in Germany. (I'm in France).
    P.
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Cheers. That is oerfekt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpamayo View Post
    ... not sure there is still a Maverick center in Germany ...
    there is not - tout-terrain.de did provide full sales and support, but they now only provide support for those products still current (and complementary) to their 'touring' portfolio, i.e. SC32 and the Speedball (if i remember correctly!!). for service, i think the best EU option right now is alpamayo ...

apparently tout terrain do still have a fair catalogue of spare parts (ca. Sept. 2013):

Christian Peters (Service & Technik)
    Tout-Terrain
    Industriestr. 11
    79194 Gundelfingen
    +49 761 20551005
    service@tout-terrain.de

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hi Damian,

if you need help, service or spare parts for your Maverick you can contact me as well. I have most of the parts in stock for frame, fork and damper. I´m located in Germany (Bielefeld area) and have all the necessary tools for the job.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Hey quietscho i'm in germany Hannover. Are you in the IBC germany? Verdammte Axt mein schreib englisch ist echt scheiße xD

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hallo Damian,

Du kannst mir eine PM (Private Message) über das Forum hier senden wenn Du Hilfe/ Ersatzteile etc. benötigst. Im IBC Forum schaue ich mich auch regelmäßig um, bin aber kein IBC "Vereins" Mitglied falls Du das meinst?! Maverick kenne/kannte ich sehr gut, war selber damals in Golden/USA und habe regelmäßig Kontakt zum ehem. Techniker Ethan. Leider ist die Company Ende 2011 geschlossen worden und viele warten hier auf einen evtl. Neuanfang. Die Bikes sind aber immer noch state of the art und Teile etc. gibt es noch genügend. Also melde Dich bei Bedarf.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Gut sehr gut. Aber meins ist ja neu daher komme ich vllt demnächst mal auf dich zurück. Danke erstmal

mtbr member
    May 2014

First ride love it!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-uploadfromtaptalk1400407964284.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Damianfromhell View Post
    First ride love it!

Very very nice bike!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Thanks

A Man Of The Truth
    Time for an updated picture of my ML8. Here's a shot of my monolink trying to run away from the rest of the bike. It's soooooo close to freedom!

Of course my frame (that i've been riding hard since 2008) gives up now, I'm closing on a new house in 3 weeks. It's not like it's going to die when I'm rolling in the dough! Noooooooo wayyyyyyy. So I'm hoping Ethan might be able to hook me up some how. If not.... Debt here I come.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Wow , it is my first time to see something like that. A cracked weld.
    Usually the cracked part is the metal around the weld , but no the weld.

A Man Of The Truth
    So I actually cracked the rear triangle of this frame in the exact same way. The welds along the base of the shock body both started to split right in the middle of the welds.

Now, given the abuse this bike has taken, I'm hesitant to call it defective. I mean, there's only so many drops a 6 lb piece of metal can take. I wonder how many feet i've dropped on this bike, if you add them all up together!

But anyway, I have always been told that the welds are stronger than the original metal, so I too am a little surprised that I keep splitting welds right down the middle like this.

It's actually been 6 full riding seasons, you can't complain about that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Although not maverick, it was made with an SC32 and 24/7 hub =)
    It will be a nice company to my ML8
    _IGP5034 by skinniezico, on Flickr

Commençal VIP Ti Limited Edition (2009)
    Maverick SC32
    Syntace F149 Stem
    Race Face Next Sl Handlebar
    ESI Grips
    Hope Mono Mini Brakes
    SLX Front Derraileur and Shifters
    XT Transmission
    Race Face Deus XC Crankset
    Race Face Next SL Seatpost
    Hope Pro II Evo and Maverick 24/7 hub on sapim laser race spokes and mavic xm819 rims
    Selle Italia SL Saddle
    Last edited by skinnie; 08-16-2014 at 07:27 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Looks good

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2014

Update

A Surly Maverick

KleinPus........full sus 29+ :)

Some of you may remember my Fat Klein conversion.

Then (some time later), 29er+ appeared.

So I measured and it 'looked' possible

Rabbit holes built onto Mav front hub and Salsa 170mm rear.

Knards added.

Held breathe.......THEY FIT, but only just.

Judicious use a B**tard file and angle grinder, much better.

I like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-dscf2885.jpg  

A Fatback'd Lefty for who life IS a Beach

mtbr member
    May 2014

I love it *-* here a new update. Old rims and duc 32 is for sale.

A Man Of The Truth
    I still have that ML8 rear triangle & shock if anyone want$ one.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 48