Nov 2005
    Beautiful build.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hi!.. here my wife's Maverick ML7...
    forum.velomania.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=85552&d=1324575584

Brake. Fix. Repeat.
    May 2009
    How end-all be-all do you guys find the ML7? Just rode one the other day and I was incredibly impressed with the way it felt

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2peak View Post
    How end-all be-all do you guys find the ML7? Just rode one the other day and I was incredibly impressed with the way it felt
    They were the original All Mountain but the current trend is longer travel. The 4" monolinks are the ultimate trail bike for me, Of course the ML8 has the same climbing performance plus 2.5" extra travel.

I still ride the ti version of the ML7, I sold my ML7 and the Palomino Now it's set up 1x9 but I had an awesome time with the Hammerschmidt as well.

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    I've been admiring your Seven repeatedly mimi1885, infact it was chasing around your threads that I discovered Suspension Experts. My DUC is on i'ts way back now with Headlocks and IFP.

Hammersmutt is cool, but I prefer the 1x9 with m960's. just ordered a 102bcd 32t chainring from ISAR. Cool motif going with your bashgaurd. I'm guessing you don't miss the weight or the gears.
    Last edited by Jon Richard; 01-27-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: ISA spelling

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Richard View Post
    I've been admiring your Seven repeatedly mimi1885, infact it was chasing around your threads that I discovered Suspension Experts. My DUC is on i'ts way back now with Headlocks and IFP.

Hammersmutt is cool, but I prefer the 1x9 with m960's. just ordered a 102bcd 32t chainring from ISAR. Cool motif going with your bashgaurd. I'm guessing you don't miss the weight or the gears.
    Thanks Jon. Kevin is an awesome dude

I love my Seven it was my original AM bike. I was going back and forth between 2x1 Hammerschmidt or 1x9. For now 1x9 and I get along just fine, not much argument on the climb, well a little on the long steep climb. I'll give it another 6mo before I'd put the HS back and try 2x1.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    sorry for doing this but i need 5 comments to make a new thread.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    nice bikes though I'm looking at a maverick matic right now that I want to buy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    if you could help me decide if he is asking way to much that would be helpful. I'll make a new thread.

mtbr member
    The Matic is a decent price if it is the one I have seen posted on Ebay. I would try for that Durance instead. Much better performance from the longer travel and refined shock internals. Either way, be sure to post it up here once you get it fixed up!
    It was love at first sight.... she had alloy nipples after all!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erSycip View Post
    Maverick Durance SL70 build kit w/ DUC32 fork.

She weighs in at 27.5 lbs w/ Schwable 2.4 snakeskin tires and the Joplin remote post. Figure 25 lbs with 2.1 tires and a non-adjustable carbon post. I'm happy.

2.4 nobby nic's fit on the rear of the durance? Interesting to know as I'm looking for a bigger volume tire in the back of mine...
    "I can eat fifty eggs"

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by calcrow View Post
    2.4 nobby nic's fit on the rear of the durance? Interesting to know as I'm looking for a bigger volume tire in the back of mine...
    I ride on my ML7 with Ice Spiker Pro 2.35, and still has a reserve...

mtbr member

Durance Rear Tire

Ice Spiker? You must be going over some interesting terrain! Is the 2.35 size a normal 2.35? I've never used Schwalbe before... I'm looking at Bontrager x4 2.35...
    "I can eat fifty eggs"

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I live in Siberia ... if interested, I can measure the width of the tire on the 23 mm SunRingle rim...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    My girl, my bike (one of them), my dogs ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-maverick_husky.jpg  

mtbr member
    Tire choice makes sense for Siberia! A lot of tires will have a metric number on them as well, for instance, the Bontrager X4 says 2.35 and 58/58. If your tire has the metric number on it, it would be helpful as these numbers are regulated and much more consistent than the inches, which can be way different from brand to brand.

Thanks
    "I can eat fifty eggs"

mtbr member
    if you look around this forum you should fine at least one thread on max. rear tyre sizes that fit in a durance frame ... there may even be a comment somewhere on those bontis!!

ragetty

mtbr member
    I did a search, but found nothing, maybe not good at searches. I found an old post where you said, "don't skimp on tyre size" but that's all I could find....
    "I can eat fifty eggs"

mtbr member

maverick (durance) tires/tyres threads

funny, the search feature (neither tire/tyre nor durance) didn't work for me either (sorry to all else for the OT post ! ) ... i wonder what else doesn't 'search' ?!?

Biggest tyre on the back of a Durance?

Rubber Queen Tyre size

Tires for the Durance

tire pressures??

Rear tyre clearance on 07 Durance

ML8 Wheel Tire Combo
    Last edited by ragetty; 02-18-2012 at 05:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Thanks ragetty, that's helpful!
    "I can eat fifty eggs"

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Moguta View Post
    My girl, my bike (one of them), my dogs ...
    Your girl is a cutie, your dogs are regal, and your ride is killer.

Lucky man you are.

All that is POV
    Feb 2012
    I have a durance or what ever it is called. When it is working it is the nicelst bike that I have ever ridden. Kind of like a ferarri.. when working its sweet!

HHL
    Que je suis bete!
    Nov 2004

Maverick SS

I am pretty much a 29er guy these days, but you know, sometimes you just feel like getting out a little rocket. I set this up SS, just because, just because. I took it out on a whim today, had little time to ride so hammered to the best of my ability on some rocky rooty single track. I had a blast on this thing. A few sharp uphill curves foiled my old feeble legs,but man was it fun to throw it around. About 22 lbs in the tubeless tires and the cushiness that the bike is just made it all the more enjoyable. This little bike begs to be pushed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-dscn0113.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-dscn0114.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-dscn0115.jpg  

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011

DUC32 equiped Titus El Guapo

Only ridden once since built. I haven't even posted a shot of this bike in the Titus section yet. The frame and fork work so well together it's astonishing.

Some folks really don't care for the DUC32 and I'm at a loss as to why, not sure what else one would want from a suspension fork. Mine are so nimble and capable. So much confidence, so much fun!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    He's Onida
    140mm Revelations, Sram XO, SLX Chainset, Hopes with 321, Nobby Nics, Truvativ Carbon Bars, Thompson stem & post, Acid pedals, Hope M4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-_dsc0021.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just been out on a midweek ride on mine (there's an upside to losing my job yesterday anyway!), and still love it as much as ever...

Up until a few weeks ago I'd not ridden it in months, had been riding my hardtail exclusively. Heard the sad news about Maverick, so got it out the shed, dusted it off and went riding it again. And I've not been back on my hardtail since, and I treated it to some wonderful new bars (Sunline 762 flat bars) the other day...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Sold my wife ML-7 to a old girlfriend and build it up with mostly XT parts

My fisher with a DC32
    Last edited by patineto; 10-05-2013 at 10:10 PM.

A Man Of The Truth
    Here's my ML-8 in full singlespeed mode. My Alfine hub had to go back to shimano. And rather than messing around with derailers, I just set it up with a wheel off my other bike that's already a singlespeed. I just took the shifter off of the ML8 and bam, full blown singlespeed. My ML8 have never been this light! It weighs next to nothing now!!

Check out my Mountain Bike Keychains on eBay

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by fellsbiker View Post
    Here's my ML-8 in full singlespeed mode. My Alfine hub had to go back to shimano. And rather than messing around with derailers, I just set it up with a wheel off my other bike that's already a singlespeed. I just took the shifter off of the ML8 and bam, full blown singlespeed. My ML8 have never been this light! It weighs next to nothing now!!

That's just awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T.W.O.
    Double post.

A Man Of The Truth
    Hah no it's terrible. I mean, it's better than not biking at all. But man it's terrible. No high speed downhills, and no steep climbs. But at least I'm getting out on the trails

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Here's my ML8 with a few updates since the last pic.

Changed the DUC32s to Fox Talas 36 RC2 160s which has transformed the bike completey! In 130mm they A2C is the same is the DUCs but massively stuffer (and heavier of course) and in 160mm it feels like a DH bike!

Changed the Speedball to a Reverb, the Hope brakes to new XTs and fitted a bashring.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I made it even uglier...

Having recently converted to Specialized saddles, I needed to get a Thomson layback in the end to get the saddle flat enough for a decent XC position rather than nose tilting skyward. Have decided that as I never go beyond about 6th/7th gear on the back in the big ring I'd fit a 24/36/Bash setup instead of 3 rings, have decided the Sunline 762 flat bars are staying, and also swapped the tyres over to a Maxxis Crossmark 2.25" rear and a Michelin Wildrock'r 2.25" front. Never tried the Michelin before, so will report back in another thread if any good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1980 View Post
    I made it even uglier...

Having recently converted to Specialized saddles, I needed to get a Thomson layback in the end to get the saddle flat enough for a decent XC position rather than nose tilting skyward. Have decided that as I never go beyond about 6th/7th gear on the back in the big ring I'd fit a 24/36/Bash setup instead of 3 rings, have decided the Sunline 762 flat bars are staying, and also swapped the tyres over to a Maxxis Crossmark 2.25" rear and a Michelin Wildrock'r 2.25" front. Never tried the Michelin before, so will report back in another thread if any good.
    I like!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Inky rebuild!
    Alrighty! So here is my latest interpretation of my Maverick ML7.5 with a Lefty. I started redoing it last fall and am pretty happy with it. I am just on that fence about the current tire selection. Here's a parts highlight on the rebuild:

XTR 988 brakes with Ice-tech rotors - very solid
    Project 321 front hub, Sapim cx spokes on tubless converted DT 5.1's - sweet build!
    Lefty PBR internal swap out - dropped 185 grams and feels great on the trail!

Other bits that were part of this or I have been running - Joplin 4R, XTR 970 shifters and cranks, Dura-Ace rear derailleur, Ultegra 12-27 cassette, King Universal hub (had the hub since '04), Campy Record headset, bits of Ti to pretty things up a bit on the stem, brakes, and fork.

Super psyched on going tubeless, though I'll be looking for some lighter tires soon. Now to just get a whole bunch of miles in!

Special thanks to:
    Jake at Project 321 - I originally bought my Lefty from him a few years back and has a growing market niche! If it wasn't for him, this thread would not be as far along as it is... Craig at Mendoncyclesmith - great rebuild and swapout. Has been a great resource for this community;
    My LBS, Passion Trail Bikes in Belmont, CA - great crew and super supportive! Thanks Charles!
    Mettec fasteners - US made Ti bolts.

Thanks for reading, and happy pedaling!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-img_0384-copy.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-img_0388-copy.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-img_0389-copy.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Without wishing to clog up this thread with just pics of my bikes, I can't resist... Managed to get hold of an immaculate Speedball R that has been essentially re-engineered by its previous owner to better than new condition, and it's not only a joy to use, but it kinda completes my Durance I feel...

Also gets rid of the silly Backwards Thomson that was necessitated by my saddle!

mtbr member
    New to the Maverick club having just bought an new ML8 frame (yesterday) after spotting it in a magazine ad going cheap and reading forums like this. Current rides are 2008 Marin wolf ridge (my first proper mtb) and a Ragley bluepig (my first self build) so the comparison will be interesting. I'm planning on fitting the new xfusion vengeance coil forks 170mm (internally adjustable) along with SLX double crank and SLX brakes/shifters, 10spd cassette. Which mech medium or long? Or maybe the new shadow mech. Renthall bar/stem. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    i'm in the process of buliding mine too

i've been juggling specs for forks and tyre combinations etc in order to flatten out of the head angle - remember, the ml8 head angle is pretty steep in standard (DUC32, 521mm a2c) trim, so anything taller (fox talas 36 545mmm or lyrik 170mm 555mm) is going to help a bundle for high speed decent composure without upsetting the geo too muc ...

why the vengeance?

medium cage is fine for 2x9 or 2x10, as long as your '2' are not 22/44

what did the frame come with? d-mount already to hand?

mtbr member
    Hi Ragetty,
    Thanks for confirming that I like the idea of slackening the head angle a touch just did a side by side comparison with wolfie and Raggers and the difference is pretty obvious but 69 against 66/67 hopefully not too different as you say with the taller fork. Also wanted to get an idea of how the medium I bought looks seat/stem. Seems the guy at the shop was spot on. Maybe it'll be a tad quicker through the tight stuff we'll see. The vengeance come in at £649, van 36 £845 and I've just had a price of £715 on the marzzochi 2012 - 55 RC3 Evo Ti which also interest me but only available in white. I've never had coil before but tried my mates with some pre crapolite era forks and they were much smoother than my revs. The SLX comes in at 22/36 so should be ok? As you can see D mount included, is that not the norm? Must say the large they had in green looked good to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-p1080348.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oh in addition to the above I originally came across these in a sus fork shootout in MBUK see also:
    X-Fusion Vengeance HLR Suspension Fork Review - BikeRadar

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Anybody have testet a Gravity Dropper Seatpost with Maverick ML7 or Durance? Could it fix with the saddle attachment and Mavericks flat seat angle?

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holzmichl View Post
    Anybody have testet a Gravity Dropper Seatpost with Maverick ML7 or Durance? Could it fix with the saddle attachment and Mavericks flat seat angle?
    Yes, I have on my Seven, at the time Gravity Dropper and AMP were the only companies that had 27.2 diameter, I know the ML7 is 31.6. Now I use the KS i7r.

I bent the bolt because I didn't adjust it properly the first time but after the initial mistake it works.

T.W.O.
    thx
    I'vd read, it would be more stable turning the locking cabel from the rear. But - as it looks at the pictures - that should not make a difference in adjusting the seat angle...

ML7 is 30.9
    May be you are referring to a newer ml7 both my ml7s one made in USA and another in Asia are 31.6. My ml8 is 30.9.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885 View Post
    Yes, I have on my Seven...
    thx
    I'vd read, it would be more stable turning the locking cabel from the rear. But - as it looks at the pictures - that should not make a difference in adjusting the seat angle...

I know the ML7 is 31.6
    ML7 is 30.9

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    May be you are referring to a newer ml7 both my ml7s one made in USA and another in Asia are 31.6. My ml8 is 30.9.
    Then I have to measure it again. Owner's Manual Page 3 says 30.9 (Sorry, I can not post links)

mtbr member
    Then I have to measure it again. Owner's Manual Page 3 says 30.9 (Sorry, I can not post links)
    Maverick is 30.9, have never seen another diameter !!!
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

French Maverick Breeder

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpamayo View Post
    Like I said durance, matic and ml8 yes my ml7s and palomino are 31.6

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpamayo
    Like I said durance, matic and ml8 yes my ml7s and palomino are 31.6
    hm... my ML7 is 31.6 too ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moguta View Post
    hm... my ML7 is 31.6 too ...
    Mine (2004) is 30.9, as anyone I have seen in France
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Older ML7 models were 31.6, at least through 2002, maybe 2003. The Reposado (going way back) was 30.9, I believe.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hello Maverick Friends,

It is very good to see more activities in this forum.
    The first ML7 had a 31.6 mm diameter. I still have one made in the US.
    Some of them had a bad seatpost diameter with a little bit bigger size. Nearly 31.7mm.
    Then you have to rim them down with a special brush to 31.8 mm. This way was offically recomended by Maverick back that days. Thomson offered this size. Maybe still today. Otherwise contact me. I have several posts in stock. As well as seatpost clamps.

Have fun riding Maverick

Ethan is alive and will help us with upgrades.

mtbr member
    Hi, Just measured my 2006, ML8 and that comes out at 30.9mm diameter been thinking about the rockshox reverb post but I'm worried the 355mm may still foul the rear shock anyone tried it? I bought the frame new about a month ago £540 (~$840US), can't get the duc32's so fitted her with the xfusion vengeance coils which have been pretty impressive though I'm still playing with settings. So far setup as 1 x 10 been to Wales and last week Scotland, Glentress then Laggan Wolftrax before heading to Fort William to watch the world cup! Brilliant weekend brilliant ride! Here she is so far, still got to set up the front mech to go 2 x 10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-ml8-slx.jpg  

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by zx1200r View Post
    Hi, Just measured my 2006, ML8 and that comes out at 30.9mm diameter been thinking about the rockshox reverb post but I'm worried the 355mm may still foul the rear shock anyone tried it? I bought the frame new about a month ago £540 (~$840US), can't get the duc32's so fitted her with the xfusion vengeance coils which have been pretty impressive though I'm still playing with settings. So far setup as 1 x 10 been to Wales and last week Scotland, Glentress then Laggan Wolftrax before heading to Fort William to watch the world cup! Brilliant weekend brilliant ride! Here she is so far, still got to set up the front mech to go 2 x 10.
    Do you know the clearance you need? I know that you can not cut rs but if you know it would not hit the shock you'd be ok. I'm using KS 950r and barely cleared it however when I use Ks i7r it's shorter and no problems at all. Pm me I'll send you the pic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Good to have another UK based rider onboard zx1200r... I'm assuming you bought that frame from JE James? I keep thinking should I replace my Durance frame with an ML8, especially as they've got a couple at silly prices, but I can't bring myself to do it. Not sure I actually need the extra travel.

Anyway... Nice bike. Nice wheels too, I run a set of those on my Hardtail. Was thinking of putting another set on my Durance, but can't convert the front hub for use with the Maverick 24mm axle.

Where are you based anyway? I've been thinking should try and organise a UK Maverick ride out some time possibly...

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1980 View Post
    Good to have another UK based rider onboard zx1200r... I'm assuming you bought that frame from JE James? I keep thinking should I replace my Durance frame with an ML8, especially as they've got a couple at silly prices, but I can't bring myself to do it. Not sure I actually need the extra travel.
    My Maverick ML8 is still my goto bike and the best climber I have, only equal to the other monolinks in my stable.

mtbr member
    Hi Markyboy, thanks I think she looks the dogs, I'm based in south Manchester go to Llandegla pretty much every Saturday with a couple of mates though not Maverick riders. I swiped the wheels from my Ragley bluepig too, will have to put the Nukeproofs back on raggers. Oh btw yes Jejames not sure how many frames they have left. Hi mimi really liked that colour in the shop but they only had large and told me they build up big. Must admit the carpark try out had me worried I should have gone large but out on the trail the medium works just fine, manualling over foot high step ups mid climb was a doddle. According to the Maverick site no more than 60mm protruding beyond the bottom of the seat tube. So I reckon the RS 100mm dropper with 355 over all (I assume this is extended length) will only extend around 15mm below based on my current set up, ample clearance methinks

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Will drop you a line on here if I'm heading up to Llandegla again. It's a couple of hours in the car for me, and to be honest, not my favourite place to ride, but if I'm up that way again would be good to get a couple of Maverick's together... Do you ever ride anywhere further south at all?

Anyway, sun just came out, and as I just fitted my new wheels yesterday (DT Swiss 240S rear, Maverick front, both on Mavic EN521's with DT comp spokes), I thought it a perfect opportunity to take (more) photos! Probably the most photo'd Maverick out there by now I reckon... ;-)

Just in case you were wondering, I don't really "do" colour on my mountain bikes any more... Stealth is the way to go! My hardtail is exactly the same, raw Ti frame, and all black or silver components...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Maverick ML8 from Slovakia

Hello, my Maverick ML8 i think is only one in my region Slovakia Bratislava.His name is Calamity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-maverick.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hi Marky, well recently did Glentress and Laggan and she rode beautifully even on a 1x10 setup (now 2x10) and installed a reverb, front end looks like spagetti !! The xfusion forks (DUC's like hens teeth) being my first coils felt nice and smooth but can dive a bit on smooth steep downhill techie stuff maybe I should adjust my style. lauched her off a 1.1/2' kicker landed from about 3' ish to flat and was amazed how smooth it was. I fancy Coed-y-Brenin next but one of the lads seems to fancy Dumfries dunno what's there fancy trying Cannock chase to sometime but will let you know.
    Boris, nice build brilliant name! Must've been doped when they named mine, Adoc for gods sake what's that? ?

rebmem rbtm
    Must've been doped when they named mine, Adoc for gods sake what's that? ?
    That's what you need after visiting the Hostel in Bratislava and having a Calamity.

iwonderwhobyronis
    Feb 2010
    Maverick in size small and well dressed - this bike was also also recently stolen hence I am in the market for another Maverick in a size small. PM me if anyone is parting with their's as I'm interested!

Here is my own.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-maverick-bike-16.12.2011.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-013.jpg  

mtbr member
    lol Alex good riposte but hostel or hospital? Sorry about the news Byron I'm sure all here will be looking out for you

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Can't wait for the Sram xx1 1x11 setup.

mtbr member

frankenfenix ist ready to roll ( ... or it is 'rumble'? )

good or bad, 'i'm still not sure - but it is growing on me ...

as is, weight should be about 14.6kg (32.2lbs). the frame (size S) weighs 3.26kg with seat collar and ISCG05 adapter. the main frame is a mid metallic blue with a satin finish to match the finish on the ano rear triangle and the fork.

i'll probably look for another non-setback adj. seatpost with minimal build height (suggestions?), and i'll probably swap the 9sp for 10sp rear cassette from my durance. the stem may prove to be a little too long too - we'll see. i may also go 170mm/black at the front, perhaps even b6.

has anyone else tried running the speedball seat clamp 'facing down' to reduce build height?

it's all clean and pimped now, but frankenfenix will be used in anger, so the bike won't stay like this for long ...

mtbr member
    Very nice job ragetty the black rear end is a smart touch. Re "good or Bad", the looks or ride? I'm running the reverb on mine would the 100mm travel 355mm o/all fit? Mine weighs about the same.

A Man Of The Truth
    So where are you guys getting your derailer hangers these days? After a failed attempt to switch to I.G.H. (Alfine 11), I'm going back to a derailer based drive train on my ML8. And when I have derailers, I tend to go through hangers like they're made of balsa wood. Hopefully it won't be as bad now, as I'm only doing a 1x9 Short Cage instead of a 3x9 Long Cage.

Anyway, I bought a few from derailleurhanger.com before denouncing derailers, and those hangers all broke after just a few rides. And the company said I must not have adjusted them right. BS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    fellsbiker
    look here

ebay. com /itm/110460007889?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

sorry, i cant post links (very strange)
    eBay
    Derailleur hanger dropout for MAVERICK ml7 ml8 RED D75
    Item number: 110460007889

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have heard the hanger made by Wheels Manufacturing is the strongest one out there.

mtbr member
    Re "good or Bad", the looks or ride?
    the looks - but then there are very few bikes i like the look of from the side. bikes look way better when shot using the fore-shortened views (front left, rear left, etc.) ...

I'm running the reverb on mine would the 100mm travel 355mm o/all fit? Mine weighs about the same.
    the travel is about right, the length is good too - but what is the lowest (i.e. seat post pushed all the way in) overall build height from the top of the seat post clamp on the frame up to the top the seat rails on the reverb?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Wheels Manufacturing does make more durable hangers than the stock Maverick ones, but they are, in fact, the ones sold by derailleurhanger.com. I, too, have broken my share of them.
    I found the e-bay site Derailleur Hanger dropout for Maverick ml7 ml8 80 | eBay
    They have excellent prices, and their part is much thicker and sturdier than either Wheels Manufacturing or OEM. Oh, and don't worry about the argument that it needs to be soft to break before your derailleur does, I've fallen on and broken these too, without damage to the derailleur!

mtbr member
    Hi ragetty sorry took a bit of time getting back. Mine is the 125/380 post and measures about 65mm(2.5") from top of rail to bottom of the collar which sits against the clamp at it's lowest, should be same for all I'm thinking, hope that helps. Oh here's a link (If any one is interested) main point being the xfusion vengeance hlr coil fork I fitted.

Xfusion vengeance HLR coil 2012 - YouTube
    Apologies in advance I sighted the cam a bit far back

Conrad, cheers for the link reckon I'll get a couple they're around $29 here..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-reverb.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apologies in advance I sighted the cam a bit far back
    the picture looks fine - certainly no mistaking which bike you're on

mtbr member
    Cheers Ragetty, tbh it was a massive stroke of luck getting that frame as I was originally considering the new carbon whyte 146 or Mojo, never heard of Maverick. Spotted the ad in back page of MBUK though hmm 6.5" travel £540 needs a bit of research, glad I did.

mtbr member
    My collection of Mavs and mojo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0003.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0744.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0740.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0735.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0009.jpg  

Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0017.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That is a lovely collection of Mavericks you have there Voob, the white Durance is gorgeous.
    If you ever decide to sell it get in touch, I'll buy it straight away.

mtbr member
    I'll second that 'nice collection of mavs' Voob. Well, it had to happen, luckily only ten mins into the ride, unlucky two chain fails the second one took the mech hangar with it. Course it was better than my first thought when I saw my xtr shadow swinging on the cable. Spares ordered, looks like the bluepig's out next ride

Take Chances

Things happen in twos

Riding the ATC trails in Oakridge, Oregon this weekend. Shuttled up to Kate's Cutin and 10' into the trail the mech exploded and snapped the mech hanger in half. Hmmm..... Pulled out the chain tool and chose a gear for a half-assed trail side single speed conversion. Got my 18 miles in but it wasn't pretty.

mtbr member
    Over the last few rides I have had two chain breaks that required chain and rear cassette replacement. I was about to start my ride yesterday only to have it finish before I started because the lower Monolink nut must have loosened during the previous ride and flew off. I did not noticed it during that ride. My fault for not checking. I have always been afraid this might happen as I have found loose monolink nuts before! Ethan is sending me one!

mtbr member
    Here is a picture of it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-dsc_0037.jpg  

mtbr member
    Bugger, better check my nuts when I get home, loctite solution?

mtbr member
    yep, blue for your nuts ...

mtbr member
    "Blue Nuts! I have not had those since high school.
    I would still recommend checking your nuts even if you use loctite

mtbr member
    Agreed then, loctite blue nutz and periodic check like the doctor said

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I assume it was torqued to specification and such? That is pretty crazy, I suppose I should check mine, but I have never had a problem. Chains yes I have broken many. My sram power link was the last thing that broke actually I was sort of surprised at that shearing off.

mtbr member
    I assume It was torqued to spec. I am not sure if I had tighten it or it was factory tight.
    I know I tightened the front/frame nut when I swapped the green rear triangle and monolink.
    I used to have the same problem with my Klein Palomino Maverick Monolink some years ago.
    I try to check every bolt tightness every so often but some slip through the cracks.
    The worse was a slightly loose stem bolt that caused an over the bar experience doing a technical downhill. I lived to tell about it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    ragetty, what hubs are you using?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deematic View Post
    ragetty, what hubs are you using?
    on the ml8?

it's the spike race28 wheelset from spank industries. i believe the hubs are only avalable in that blue in the complete set ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Here's one picture of my ML7 called Astro

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Maverick ML 7.5

Maverick ML 7.5

iwonderwhobyronis
    Feb 2010

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Warwick View Post
    Maverick in size small and well dressed - this bike was also also recently stolen hence I am in the market for another Maverick in a size small. PM me if anyone is parting with their's as I'm interested!

Here is my own.
    Saw some git advertising this on ebay the other week and have just recovered it!!! Has made my year!

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm 2008 ml8

The # on this one is Loctite. I love this bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Maverick!!-maverick-ml8-locktite.jpg  

Last edited by Ponderosa; 10-28-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    Ponderosa

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Nice bike .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    i must say, the DUC fork format really suits the ml8, but it's a little under spec'ed for my intended use ...

pity the DUC36 didn't make it to market

mtbr member
    You are right. The fox forks I tried made the the bike suspension feel unbalanced. I did not like them.
    A well working Duc32 is still the best option. Too bad about the 36.
    The inverted design will make a return.

EXCLUSIVE: DVO Emerald Inverted DH Fork - First Look - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by voob View Post
    You are right. The fox forks I tried made the the bike suspension feel unbalanced. I did not like them.
    A well working Duc32 is still the best option. Too bad about the 36.
    The inverted design will make a return.

EXCLUSIVE: DVO Emerald Inverted DH Fork - First Look - Pinkbike
    This is the problem
    All current double crown forks in the MTB and the MX world utilize some sort of pinch-bolt system to hold the upper tubes in place, but DVO is considering a different method: collets.
    Why can't someone buy that patent for the h brace or whatever it is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ragetty View Post
    i must say, the DUC fork format really suits the ml8, but it's a little under spec'ed for my intended use ...

pity the DUC36 didn't make it to market
    Perahps ... in the future ...
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32

French Maverick Breeder

A Man Of The Truth
    I never liked the DUC fork. I road two ML8s with it, and I much preferred my 160mm single crowns to it.

Nov 2010
    Hello,
    I've. Been following your build Seven build and I want to say it an awesome ride, I recently purchased a used seven duo which has nearly the same geometry as a medium maverick matic other than the stand over height which seems a little high, it's right up against my inseam, so,I'm wondering what your standover height and I seam are...if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 42