Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Custom User Title

2011 KHS Velvet

Post your KHS pics-2013-10-01-18.33.36.jpg
    "an inch an hour...two feet per day..."

one less car

Khs xct555

thinking on replacing the fork come spring. had it since '08 0r 9. it's a rockshox REBA Team. gotta love vacation pay

Post your KHS pics-sunp0039_zpsf4e3e3aa.jpg

Post your KHS pics-sunp0042_zps98cf3625.jpg
    need a new imager
    nothing in life is real, so if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

fraid of heights
    Quote Originally Posted by linkpurvis View Post
    Recently upgraded my XCT 535 for a 2015 SixFifty 7200. Loving this bike!

Attachment 942133
    Was your XCT 535 a horst link bike? how would you compare the two suspension designs? Can't find much info on the 7200 suspension design and performance. Also, do you know what your bike weighs?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    Everytime you ride in mud, god kills a kitten.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by stiingya View Post
    Was your XCT 535 a horst link bike? how would you compare the two suspension designs? Can't find much info on the 7200 suspension design and performance. Also, do you know what your bike weighs?

thanks!
    I'm wondering about the suspension design on the 2015 as well. It doesn't help when neither the manufacturer nor the reviewers 1) Write anything about the suspension design and 2) post any photos of the left side of the bike.

Honestly, it's quite aggravating. So if you could enlighten us, stiingya, I'd appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Last year in Mountain Bike action they reviewed the KHS 7500, which is the same design (although I hear 2015 had a minor update) and they loved it (not that MBAction is the best source). They had stated that KHS was not going to release it, it was designed for their downhill bikes. I too am looking at the 7200, there is a review I found, a shootout in Canada and they liked the bike, but stated it felt cramped. I am almost 6' so I would go for a large, they had a medium. Also, Canada got a Manitou fork (fine by me)... Here is the link:
    Tested: 2015 KHS SixFifty 7200 | RIDING FEELS GOOD

taste it

nice having a big bike for a once a year DH
    At $1900 AUD

taste it

solid build at a bargain sticker price

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    just got my first bike to try out the sport. been wanting to get into it for a while now and finally jumped in. I picked up a KHS Aguila hardtail.
    Post your KHS pics-2014-12-19-20.44.43.jpg

fraid of heights
    There's a small pic of a KHS rep or something with the green and black 7200 in the latest mountain bike action. But other than a quick comment about the good parts spec and how good of a rider the KHS rep is there was no new info...?

KHS should be sending these out to anyone who'd test them! Hey KHS, if you read this send me a XL so I can ride the heck out of it and post all over the internet my experience!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stiingya View Post

thanks!
    It was the horst link. To be honest, I'm not a suspension guru or anything but let me give it a shot. I can tell you the 7200 rides really nice on the trails I frequent. Great for hitting drops and throwing through corners. Pike upfront is fantastic. The Monarch in the rear could probably be upgraded to something a little more refined but it delivers good performance. It's maybe not the greatest climber in the world but it gets up them just fine in my opinion. I much prefer to be going down, which is where this bike shines. Weighs about 32lbs. Could probably get closer to 30 if you upgrade to a 1x drivetrain and make a few other part swaps.

If you live in or near Missouri, I'd be happy to meet up and let you try a spin on it. Otherwise, I think its linkage is very similar in performance to my friend's 27.5 Remedy.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions about the 7200.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    My brand new 2014 KHS Flagstaff, getting cozy with the cactus! Loving it.
    Post your KHS pics-10911367_10155128992085078_2248835676518924881_o.jpg

Baby Bear is in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayotee View Post
    My brand new 2014 KHS Flagstaff, getting cozy with the cactus! Loving it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10911367_10155128992085078_2248835676518924881_o.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	956915
    Nice! I'm interested in this bike. 'appreciate a ride report/review soon
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I've had it for two weeks now and have been riding it nearly daily since I got it! To be honest, my review may not be worth much. The bike this replaced was a 26" 1998 Rockhopper hardtail with a stretched out geometry and Rockshox XC28 fork. In short, this bike is incredible, but I'm fairly certain I'd think that of most any full suspension 29er =)

In long, it's a beast. I'm 6'0" riding a medium that came with a 110mm stem and it fits great, though I'm going to change out for a shorter stem. Every ride I've gone on so far have been on trails, or b-lines that were way too sketchy on my last bike to do safely/fast/at all, and with the Flagstaff I can cruise through all of them like they were nothing. The Reba Soloair in the front gives me zero complaints and was easy to set up. The Monarch in the rear I have set up real plush at a low PSI to get every mm of travel, yet I don't notice a loss of power in my short-burst climbs. Group set is well picked as Deore/SLX, which fits my needs well. A lot of people complain about the Avid Elixer 3 brakes, but so far they're ok. Most people complain about them needing frequent bleeding but I haven't owned it long enough to say. The wheel set is actually decent, I weighed the rear w/o cassette at just under 1300 grams, and assume the front is around 1000. Stock bike weighs in at #31. I don't anticipate doing much upgrading besides a dropper post, and that makes me happy.

Biggest thing I can say is that this bike is FAST. It's mostly being my switch to a 29er, and running Vee Rubber 'Flying V' tires, but my old times for everything have been demolished. The average-ish to short-ish wheel base has been good for picking through rock gardens, and I haven't had any trouble getting the front wheel where I want it on switchbacks and tricky sections.

Only real complaint I can give is that the main triangle geometry is just a little TOO tight with the rear shock to fit in a water bottle. You could do it, but you'd have to fight every time and make sure you didn't hit the lock-out lever. I also wouldn't do much serious downhill on the bike, but a shorter stem would probably change my mind.

And besides all that, to me, the bike has super sleek aesthetic despite being FS that I'd need to pay thousands more to see in other brands!

Post your KHS pics-10924186_10155128992280078_4800097135191550599_o.jpg
    Have a wide-shot of the first pic

Baby Bear is in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayotee View Post
    I've had it for two weeks now and have been riding it nearly daily since I got it! To be honest, my review may not be worth much. The bike this replaced was a 26" 1998 Rockhopper hardtail with a stretched out geometry and Rockshox XC28 fork. In short, this bike is incredible, but I'm fairly certain I'd think that of most any full suspension 29er =)
    Awesome report. Thanks!
    Strange that you went for a medium. I'm 5'7" and reckon would fit on a medium, albeit with a shorter stem (I fit on a medium KHS Winslow with a 90-mm stem just fine).
    Great to know you're liking the bike!

ta
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Gotta represent my 2012 XC-604
    Post your KHS pics-resized1.jpg

Post your KHS pics-resized.jpg

This is my first brand new full suspension bike in years and I gotta say "I love it". I have upgraded the seat, seatpost, pedals, stem, handlebars, and grips. Can't wait for the spring/summer again to hit my fave trails.

fraid of heights
    More 7200 info. Check out the prototype for next years model. D@M that looks sweet!

First Impression: KHS SixFifty 7200

It's really weird and frustrating that there just doesn't seem to be any good information on the suspension design/pedal efficiency, etc. There never seems to be more than casual reference to it or it gets lumped in with how the bike rides in general. Weird...

And also, who is the idiot who spec'd that long of a stem and narrow of handlebars on a 2015 enduro bike with a 160mm of travel? Time warp back to 2005 or something?
    Last edited by stiingya; 02-02-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Nice day for a ride..... Moderator
    Here is my older KHS Tucson that I rebuilt over the winter.

How I bought it:

After the rebuild:

Bikin' Bric's Bike Blog

2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fat Bike
    2016 Norco Torrent

Perpetually Intermediate

Fatty

Post your KHS pics-img_6058.jpg
    Here's a 2014 KHS fat bike (1000) I just got a great deal on at the lbs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hi, this my khs Yuma

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Name:  img-20120121-00852.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  33.8 KB
    Me with my bike. Have riding with this so long

Nice day for a ride..... Moderator
    More of my '08 Tucson, now with skinwall Ardent tires.

Bikin' Bric's Bike Blog

2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fat Bike
    2016 Norco Torrent

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

'12 khs xct 556

was wondering if anyone else has this bike?

mine is upgraded to shimano brakes, shifters, and levers. i put kenda nevegals on it.

i bought this bike on clearance this spring, to replace my xct 535.

i'm really liking it, even if it is a 26er.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your KHS pics-pine-creek-mtb.jpg  

mtbr member
    Just had to post of photo of my number 2 bike, my KHS xc-204. My 29er was not available due to a "structural failure" so I took this bike out for a short ride last night. Although it needs some TLC, still a great bike. Does anyone know if there is an after market 27.5 swing arm for these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your KHS pics-khs..jpg  

Braille Riding Instructor
    Jan 2008
    Just purchased my first full-suspension and non-26er--a 2015 SixFifty 5500 on closeout from a local LBS.

Will be several days before it's delivered to the shop (and probably many, many more before it's put through its paces), but looking forward to a different sort of ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Just built up a new 2013 Tucson frame

Yup Yup

Post your KHS pics-img_7838.jpg

Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hdparrish View Post
    Just purchased my first full-suspension and non-26er--a 2015 SixFifty 5500 on closeout from a local LBS.
    Finally made an effort to snap some pics. Our trails here in southeast Idaho are still snowy/muddy, so I can't comment intelligently on how the bike handles dirt--the 100 or so miles I've put in this month have been on pavement and hill climbs.

Post your KHS pics-wp_20160221_khs-5500-wide.jpg

As shipped, the bike (without pedals) weighed 30.2 pounds--a pound or two lighter than I expected for this price point. After adding pedals, replacing the seat, converting the drivetrain to 1x10, and going tubeless, the bike now weighs 29.2 pounds.

Post your KHS pics-wp_20160221_khs-5500-drivetrain.jpg

I also replaced the top cap. o.O

Post your KHS pics-wp_20160221_khs-5500-fork.jpg

Overall, I'm very happy with the build and feel. Nitpicks would be the 4-inch dropper (5- or even 6-incher would've been ideal) and the stock 80mm stem feels longish. Looking forward to spring.
    Last edited by hdparrish; 02-24-2016 at 09:00 PM.

mtbr member
    ^^^
    Nice Rig, I have a 2013 6500. You wont be disappointed when you get to hit some trails.

Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DenVen1 View Post
    ^^^
    Nice Rig, I have a 2013 6500. You wont be disappointed when you get to hit some trails.
    Thanks, DenVen. Some of our lower trails are finally dry enough to ride, and I've taken advantage, but barely 20 miles' worth so far. Having only ridden 26-inch hardtails, it's strange to be on a bigger-wheeled squishy, but my initial impressions are that I'm going to really, really like this bike.

Although I can't yet provide any technical feedback on the ride, I can say that I'm very impressed with the overall quality. For what I paid (less than 60 percent of list), this is a lot of bike--stealth routing for derailleur cables, full SLX drivetrain, dropper post, (low-end) Shimano hydraulics, lightweight X-Fusion suspension (my 130mm hardtail has a Velvet fork), and sturdy wheels that weigh less than my 26-inch Mavic Crosstrails despite being bigger and wider.

Tubeless conversion was simple--the wheels came with Stan's yellow tape installed. I just pulled the tubes, slapped in some new valves, and aired them up. Even without sealant, they held air for two months.

As stated previously, the bike is relatively light. And the "electric" blue color reminds me of the WR Blue that Subaru offered when it first debuted the Impreza WRX in 2002.

Anyway, we'll see how long the honeymoon lasts. Until then, happy trails.

Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DenVen1 View Post
    You wont be disappointed when you get to hit some trails.
    Well spoken, sir. I'm having a blast so far--nearly 500 miles and counting, with a 100 in the past week thanks to some glorious spring weather.

I swapped in a new stem--35mm Kore Repute--and a lighter, narrower saddle. Much easier to get behind the seat now, even with "just" a 100mm dropper. Drawback is, on extremely steep climbs, cockpit feels a bit cramped and the fork wants to wander, but that's on me more than anything. I'll adapt.

mtbr member
    Glad you've had a chance to get out. In Denver we've had two big late snow storms so I haven't been riding much. But I did go skiing one last time. In 2 weeks I'm heading to Western CO. to get some good riding in. Happy trails.

Jan 2008
    Yeah, I've been in full trail mode with this bike since March. Quit skiing, and haven't been fishing since the second week of February. Over 600 miles now ... slapped on some better rubber, an extended-range cassette, and a new derailleur to better accommodate the extra teeth. Bike's weight is down to 28.6 pounds. I've lost at least 10 pounds so far, but would greatly benefit from 15 more.

Hope you get some good weather and time to ride soon. If nothing else, come out this way.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Jan 2008
    Great view, Luis. Nice bike. Where is that? I've never seen trees like that ... they are like Dr. Seuss' interpretation of a fir.
    Last edited by hdparrish; 05-02-2016 at 11:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hdparrish View Post
    Great view, Luis. Nice bike. Where is that? I've never seen trees ... they are like Dr. Seuss' interpretation of a fir.
    Hi, thanks, it's near by guadalajara, Mexico, the name of the place it's "Bosque de la Primavera" (Spring's wood).

Enviado desde mi SM-A510M mediante Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456