mtbr member

Is it possible to convert a lynskey m240 to 27.5?

Hi i was wondering if it is possible to convert a 26in hardtail lynskey m240 to 27.5b? Has anybody done anything like this?

M240 - Lynskey Performance | Titanium Bicycles
    "Chancho. When you are a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants... Its for fun..."

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Greetings;
    Yes, if the wheels fit without interference. Your bike will sit a bit higher, and I don't believe handling will change much, but really, why do you want 650b wheels? If you have 650 wheels lying about, go ahead and try them, but I would not spend the money for new wheels!!!!
    Cheers

nothing relevant to say
    EASY TO DO! Use a White Ind. ENO hub. Single speed. you'll be happy.

mtbr member
    If they fit, they fit. The problem is if you have to use smaller tires to do so than what's the point? The outside rolling diameter may be no different. It only matters if you can use right-sized tires to actually realize hoops that are functionally larger. Some frames allow this, some don't. There are a lot of "conversions" out there that are completely useless because of the concessions that had to be made to make them "work." Sort of like all the morons who declared tubeless a failure because they themselves couldn't convert non-tubeless to tubeless (when tubeless specific stuff has been awesome for years). In other words, more often than not, buy the right tool for the job and it will work. The right tool for 650 wheels is a frame built for 650 wheels. MacGyver did great on TV, but this is the real world.
    I'll be along... eventually.

mtbr member
    I think thats a helpful answer. I really like the lynskey 26 inch hardtail alot, but I'm sort of getting wheel size envy I think .
    "Chancho. When you are a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants... Its for fun..."