Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Got it yesterday.....build thread in 29er forum.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Here's my brand-new Alma H30 on top of Emerald Park in North Little Rock, AR overlooking the State Capitol and the Arkansas River.

Bicycle Addict
    20 pound SS machine.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Does anyone know where online I can get the new 2013 Oiz frame/complete bike?

I have been lookin a lot and there is not many retailers with actual in stock bikes/frames.

Chris.

mtbr member
    Loving it.

mtbr member
    NICE Ride!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

Team Pedalin' PACEless

2010 Occam XC Race

Just built up this beauty ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orbea thread (with pix)-c360_2013-04-06-14-51-57.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice build.

Team Pedalin' PACEless
    Orbea thread (with pix)-c360_2013-04-18-16-42-50-897.jpg

Thanks ...

Just completed a 650b conversion of this bike ... new Fox Float 32 140mm, Stan's Crest wheelset and Vee Rubber Mission 2.1's.
    Last edited by pdinphx; 04-18-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Adding pic ...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Superior TEAM 29
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    First ride on the new steed yesterday. 22 Mile shake down on the road, only to have it start raining when I got to the trails.
    24.4 lbs prior to putting pedals and grips on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orbea thread (with pix)-img_2553.jpg  

mtbr member
    I wish we could get an Orbea forum. I am loving this bike so much.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quick question guys, I have a 2012 Orbea Alma with the XT crankset which from Orbea comes with a FSA 24mm reducer.

I want to install an XX crankset and I'm not sure of the clearance. Do I need to buy any spacers/adapters for the XX crankset?

Thanks,

Damian-
    Damian

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Any Orbea Alma riders can answer my XX cransket question? I've also tried emailing Orbea but I haven't received a response yet. Thank you for any help you can provide.
    Damian

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    If you are only about to buy new crankset I would suggest you to go with BB30 version (Q164). In that case you won't need any spacers. Just get rid of that FSA reducer and install new BB30 bearing set.
    Superior TEAM 29
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    i had change them out to X0 BB30 crank.. just remove the FSA megaexo BB and install the BB30 bearing and use them.

VENI VEDI BIKI
    Considering a frame in one of these. How does it handle?
    Veni Vidi Biki

I came, I saw, I biked.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thank you guys, you've been of great help.
    Damian

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The 2012 Orbea Alma has been my only 29er hardtail so I don't have much experience with other bikes but I do tell you the following from experience. The Orbea handles a bit...mmmm rigid I guess you can call it, because of the way the shifter cables are setup in the front of the frame, the handle bar doesn't turn as free. I actually like this A LOT because I ride singletracks not trails, not lots of sharp turns, so the turns are smooooooth. I also recently found out that Orbea has a US shop in case you need to send your frame in, 2 weeks ago I hit the rear "guide" where the rear shifter cable goes and broke it off the frame, it uses really tiny rivets I didn't want to mess around with on a carbon frame. I would say the way the shifter cable in the back is setup is also a bad thing, compare to other brands that bring it through the inside of the rear tube, but it was mostly my fault, don't run into rocks. I LOVE the way the frame looks and how it fits, it feels aggresive and smooth. Over all I would buy this bike again and again, I don't like NINER because I know of 3 guys with broken frames, 2 of them have gone through 3 frames, under warranty of couse. I don't like Specialized because of the money and just because is an Specialized :P I do like the Santra Cruz. Did I say I like Orbeas?
    Damian

VENI VEDI BIKI
    New Orbea Alma Hydro build. X-post from 29er forum:

2012 Orbea Alma Hydro size small. Mix of new and used parts from my Jabber. Sram x9 9 spd shifter; Avid speed dial levers; Avid BB7 calipers; race face bar; oury grips; easton seatpost; jagwire cable and housing; race face evolve cranks; Manitou recon 100mm air fork; WTB SSL saddle; spd pedals. Sram x7 RD; shimano 12-36 cassette.

Initial ride impressions are very positive. Frame is very stiff without being "harsh". Coming off of the "long and low" jabberwocky, the geometry on this is night and day. I feel like I am actually piloting the bike, rather than riding a bucking bronco. I really like the shorter chainstays, as I don't feel like my rear end is swinging around and the bike moves effortlessly where I point it. I love how it carves. Climbs pretty well too. I may flip the stem, as it is a little higher than the saddle and I have to be sure to weight the front wheel to avoid wash out. Cockpit is much more comfortable than the Jabber. The low BB is the only "con" so far.

Can't wait to take it out for more field testing tomorrow. Big smile on my face while riding!

Sweet paint job!

Side by side with the Jabber....The Jabber was just too long on both ends for me. I was too stretched.

Veni Vidi Biki

I came, I saw, I biked.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4