Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Nice bike...enjoy the rides.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Best Anniversary Gift Ever!!!!!

Sometimes your wife does listen Who knew......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orbea thread (with pix)-orbea-rallon-50-161.jpg  

mtbr member
    Very nice ride and anniversary present!! Congrats!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    http://forums.mtbr.com/picture.php?a...pictureid=2486

I recently discovered Orbea bikes and I was lucky enough to demo the new Occam last weekend. I've always been curious about these bikes, I knew a guy that had one but they are impossible to find. I ride a Gary Fisher Wahoo now and I consider myself a solid intermediete rider, but this Occam allowed me to do so much more. After 4 hrs I was exhausted but I wanted to keep going. I'm hoping to get the aluminum version when they are available. I wish there was more info out there about these bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Sorry pic didn't load correctly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

All the Occam goodness you could want.....maybe.

Clicking this link will take you to Orbea's Youtube channel with all the Occam videos right there waiting to be watched. You can see everything from teaser videos to quality tests and some of our work with Fox to get the suspension tuned to perfection.

We are hoping to see the alloy models very soon, and the carbon models very near the beginning of 2012.

Call your dealer now to request the new Occam because our first shipment will not be very large.
    Frank Webber | Orbea USA
    Customer Service | MTB Promotion

mtbr member
    A question to all ORBEA owners out there:
    I was looking at the ORBEA.COM website and they don't show the OIZ anymore. Anyone know why? Has it been discontinued? Is does anyone know why? not enough sales or problems with the frame, or........? Maybe OrbeaFrank can shed some light on this, perhaps?
    love the heck outta mine!! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Hello, just kind of surprised no one has posted anything since last Nov. I've been given the OK by the doc to start ridding my OIZ again and while I was "down' added a RWC shock enduro bearing set. VERY smooth indeed, I really like it. I can't describe it other than "feels smoother". Anyone else done that with their bike?
    Had a question for Orbea Frank. I noticed on the Orbea website that they don't show the Oiz anymore. I gather it has been discontinued/ Wondered why, please? Low sales, broken frames, no interest fro ridding, or...? Thanx! I sure love mine!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

About Time

I didn't get to ride much during the winter. I'm just now getting to ride on a regular basis and I think that I finally have the suspension dialed in!!!! This Rallon rides like a dream!!!! Way to go Orbea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orbea thread (with pix)-img_0464.jpg  

IXC
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Anybody have any 2012 Alma 29er's built up. I just bought a frame and getting ready to build it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    i got one build up.. its sleek but i am having some problem with pedal strike though

mtbr member
    Hello all,

Bought an Orbea Oiz a couple of years ago, and had no problems/worries with the BB/crank. Got a hip replacement revision in my rt hip and now when I ride, my leg "feels funny" (difficult to describe), but my rt knee goes "out" to the right. I had not paid attention until a few weeks ago that I replaced the BB bearings in the cups with Enduro bearings; that I have a 2.5mm spacer on the driveside bearing cup. I measured the BB it is 73mm, and I looked in the Truvative tech docs for the Giga X Pipe BB says that on a 73mm BB width uses NO spacers?????? I haven't taken it off or anything I just wondered if anyone else has seen similar/ or had to do similar because of chain line problems, or something?? Any info is greatly appreciated. THNX!!
    Oh and yea I am using the same shoes/cleat position as I did before my operation.
    I guess my question is does the OIZ need that spacer, or not?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Just bought my first MTB yesterday, Orbea Dakar Sport, will post some pics as soon as it stops raining. Great bike, absolutely love it.

mtbr member
    very nice bike !!

how does he ride ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    He rides very well, except for today I had the chain come off during shifting. I'm trying to get to my 10 post count so I can post a picture.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    could be that the front dee need some tunning..

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Yeah well, it's only a week old and I've only driven it maybe 30 minutes a day. I would have figured they would have adjusted it at the LBS

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    well, the shifter do need some tuning after you ride it a couple of time esp if it new.
    if u know to adjust the cable, a couple of turn to tighten up the cable will just do the trick. else the shop could just do it for u.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Yeah the shop told me to take it in after a month for a retune. I'll just have them do it for now, I'm still learning

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Finally got enough posts for a pic, heres my 2012 Orbea Dakar Sport

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONMAN1518 View Post
    Hello all,

Bought an Orbea Oiz a couple of years ago, and had no problems/worries with the BB/crank. Got a hip replacement revision in my rt hip and now when I ride, my leg "feels funny" (difficult to describe), but my rt knee goes "out" to the right. I had not paid attention until a few weeks ago that I replaced the BB bearings in the cups with Enduro bearings; that I have a 2.5mm spacer on the driveside bearing cup. I measured the BB it is 73mm, and I looked in the Truvative tech docs for the Giga X Pipe BB says that on a 73mm BB width uses NO spacers?????? I haven't taken it off or anything I just wondered if anyone else has seen similar/ or had to do similar because of chain line problems, or something?? Any info is greatly appreciated. THNX!!
    Oh and yea I am using the same shoes/cleat position as I did before my operation.
    I guess my question is does the OIZ need that spacer, or not?
    Anyone out there have any answers for me please?

mtbr member

ORBEA OIZ with a NOIR crank question, please?

I had posted that my OIZ (has a 73mm BB), came with a Noir crankset and on SRAM website instructions for the Noir say NO spacers on the BB if it is a 73 mm BB. Mine came with one and just wondered if anyone elses' did also and if you didn't anything about it?? Thanks in advance!

Bicycle Addict
    Subscribed. I'll be posting my Orbea Alma 29er real soon.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    2 pictures of my Orbea OIZ in the French Alpes

Bicycle Addict
    Here we go! Finally took some pictures of my 2009 Orbea Alma 29er. Bought this frame used and built it last week. As it sits in the picture it weighs 20 pounds. Probably as light as its going to get without having to spend several hundred dollars upgrading parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orbea thread (with pix)-imag0394.jpg  

Orbea thread (with pix)-imag0397.jpg  

Orbea thread (with pix)-imag0395.jpg  

Orbea thread (with pix)-imag0392.jpg  

Orbea thread (with pix)-imag0396.jpg  

The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast