IFSDlxSS IFTiFLWMtb GFAdv

Opinions on Finish of Indy Fab Ti with a twist

I'd like to hear opinions on look and finish of an Indy Fab Ti frame I've ordered.

I've ordered the frame to have a Quetzal Green Metallic front triangle and raw ti finish for the seat stays and chain stays.

Lettering is Orange and white standard IF decals.

The twist is the frame will have a carbon seat tube that connects to an integrated seatpost.

Now I'm toying with the idea of finishing the whole frame in Polished Titanium with the standard green and yellow IF decals.

Here's a little photoshop action of the existing order the way I envisioned it. I combined the prototype showbike IF had at the NAHBS with a standard Ti deluxe to come up with this......

Here's the prototype from the bike show!!!

Any thoughts and Ideas? ...while I still have time to change the finish of the bike

jmw
    mtbr member
    lots of stuff going on there....I like the green one
    future nature

C.L.I.M.B.er
    Go polished.It'll really show off the carbon seat tube.

Go with the polished.It'll really show off the carbon seat tube.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The green one is badass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AMPanator
    Go polished.It'll really show off the carbon seat tube.

I wanted to go polished actually, but because the frame is shot peened they can't do polished. Only the steel frames can be done in polished finish... That would be tight!!

I ended up changing the look. Please forgive the crude pictures. My photoshop skills need a lot of help.....

I'm keeping the frame raw titanium with a few hints of color. The seat tube is carbon with the top part of the seat mast either Quetzal green metallic or Pearl Yellow. I asked the guys at IF to decide what would look better (Note: I'm using a yellow Chris King Tapered headset). Decals will be standard Indy Fab blocks in Green and yellow. I'm also now thinking of stripping the paint of my fork and polishing the bare metal to go with the raw ti scheme.

Here's a rough idea of what it will look like:

I'll have a completely different set of components but just so I have an idea of what the full bike will look like.....

So it turns out IF can't build me a Factory Lightweight MTB afterall..... Something about limitations with the sizing of the pipes and the dimensions my frame needs to be.... No carbon Seat tube for me.

Back to the original Ti Deluxe order. Not that it's a bad thing, but I was really looking forward to the Carbon Seat Tube with Integrated post...

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey-Lag
    So it turns out IF can't build me a Factory Lightweight MTB afterall..... Something about limitations with the sizing of the pipes and the dimensions my frame needs to be.... No carbon Seat tube for me.

Back to the original Ti Deluxe order. Not that it's a bad thing, but I was really looking forward to the Carbon Seat Tube with Integrated post...

What a roller coaster ride..... The Factory lightweight MTB is back in effect. Got the sketch of my frame's geometry and it's looking good!!!

Here's a mock up of what I'd like the frame to look like as far as color scheme goes......