Thread: New wheelage..

mtbr member

New wheelage..

The pics are already dated since I've installed my new polished rear end.. so imagine that.

I9's rock!

Flying Goat
    nice wheels... XD

mtbr member

two unrelated questions

What cable housing are you using and how did you route it through the stops?

and

Do you have any problem with the big bettys and clearance on the pike? I have them on a revelation and I get some side rubbing when there is side pressure on the wheel.
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

shred my gnar
    damn! very nice...

im gonna be needing to make that purchase myself. sometime next year im guessing... my dt 455s are a tad bit too "xc" for me having a hard time keeping the rear true already.

what rims do you have on there?

mtbr member
    cable housings are sram flak jackets.. we have tons of dust here in ga and this system seems to work the best for keeping that out of the cables. I'll get some better detail shots of that system and post them up. I didn't have to modify the cable stops at all to use them.

The bettys clear the pike without issue.. but that is the absolute biggest tire you can run on the XCL.. they clear the sides of the chainstays but just barely.

Those wheels are I9 enduros.. took almost 12 weeks to get because of some supply problems at I9.. but they are the stiffest wheels I've ever run. They're also not cheap. The rims are Bontrager Dusters.. same width as DT 5.1's but lighter. These have been made tubeless with Bontrager's tubeless kit and Stan's goop. The Big Betty isn't a tubeless tire but the casing is thick enough that it doesn't leak air like other non-tubeless tires. The duster rims have a offset spoke bed.. they are pretty weird looking but the goal is to eliminate the need to really dish the spokes.. supposed to make the wheels stiffer and they seem to meet that goal.

I'll get a shot of the bike with the polished rear.. it really looks good with that.