mtbr member

New CHUMBA Shirt

What do you guys and gals think of this shirts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CHUMBAevo; 11-30-2008 at 10:28 AM.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

Flying Goat
    uuuuummmmmm... yes i want one? XD

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Nice I would buy one!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

i would buy one as well

very nice

nerfherder
    First one is sick. I'm lukewarm on the second one.

eci
    im in

Flying Goat
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffylooking
    First one is sick. I'm lukewarm on the second one.
    lol... i thought that was front and back.... hahahaha

nerfherder
    I thought that might be the case but I wasn't sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I really like the second one.

JSZ
    mtbr member
    I really like the topo one!

Ugly Knees
    Oct 2006

i don't want to be a party pooper...

but i don't like either.

if i had to choose one i would pick the first one cause it feels...um...tough...i guess. my husband (who is an artist and has himself designed tee-shirts) feels the same way but if he had to choose he would choose the second (i'm thinking because it's at least a little bit different from your average mtb tee-shirt).

my constructive criticism is:

the first shirt feels like a lot of other mtb tee-shirts. that kind of "tearin' it up", "i love to go fast", "scars are cool" sort of feel. it's kind of predicable.

the second shirt has good intentions but didn't quite nail the design. i like the "idea" of it but i don't think the design did a good job of portraying the idea.

nobody send me hate mail please...this is just my opinion, and i'm a girl so you know i have an opinion on clothes

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by smudd
    but i don't like either.

if i had to choose one i would pick the first one cause it feels...um...tough...i guess. my husband (who is an artist and has himself designed tee-shirts) feels the same way but if he had to choose he would choose the second (i'm thinking because it's at least a little bit different from your average mtb tee-shirt).

my constructive criticism is:

the first shirt feels like a lot of other mtb tee-shirts. that kind of "tearin' it up", "i love to go fast", "scars are cool" sort of feel. it's kind of predicable.

the second shirt has good intentions but didn't quite nail the design. i like the "idea" of it but i don't think the design did a good job of portraying the idea.

nobody send me hate mail please...this is just my opinion, and i'm a girl so you know i have an opinion on clothes
    That's ok. But maybe you could provide an example of a mtb shirt that you think is good?

A.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I couldnt disagree more. i think the second design is dead on. I love the topo contours and how the chumba head and text is integrated. Only thing I would like to see is a long sleeve version or even better a bike jersey version. looks great. The first one I think does its job well also. I do think the linework is a bit heavy so it makes it hard to read. Remove some of the black and that one will be great. I work as an architect but have my undergrad in Industrial Design and I have always said chumba has great designs. I actually fell in love with the previous chumba website and knew immediately that tgis company knew what they were doing. After getting my bike and seeing the geometry I realized that the website was such a small part of there design process and the bikes are really where its at. Great shirts, website and bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I like the top one...would be cool if you offered white on black as well as black on white.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The question is Chumba, Does Lars like it?
    Sick shot turned into a sick shirt. I like them both.
    Last edited by rufusdesign; 12-03-2008 at 07:58 PM.
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com

Ugly Knees
    Oct 2006

i'm no graphic artist...

so i hope you'll understand if i am unable to communicate visually what i'm trying to say.

i couldn't find any mtb tee-shirt designs that i thought were good enough. i did find some other tee-shirt designs though that i think are really hep right now. but then again i am just some random girl on the internet. so do please take my input as the ravings of a confessed over-thinker

i think this shirt is really eye catching. its unique and the designer has an eye for how the shirt will look when worn, which i think is important. i like how it makes you think the black is the design. it's a good artist who can make you feel emotion about a black circle.
    black hole.jpg
    regarding the first chumba shirt, another poster said they'd like to see it in black with white graphic, and yet another poster said that it may be better with the lines not so heavy. i totally agree with both. it's kind of hard to see what the graphic is a picture of. kind of confusing and a little agro. if you were going to go with something like that you may want to see what it looks like to do the negative of the design and use a white graphic on black tee shirt. i think it would make the design more interesting. i do like the toughness of the design and if your demographic is men who are a little on the agro side then go with it.

i thought of the topo design when i saw this shirt. some things this shirt did that could easily be done with the chumba topo shirt to make it totally marketable:
    1. this shirt has a place to focus your eye. when you don't know where to look it's hard to look anywhere. i don't know where to look on the chumba topo shirt
    2. it has just a teeny bit of color, which is fun!
    3. i like the etch-a-sketch feel of it
    line.jpg

like i said in my original post, i definitely like the idea of the topo shirt, i think it's an original design and gives you that "your chumba can take you anywhere you wanna go" feeling - it just kind of fell a little short design wise. i think with refinement it could be a great tee shirt and would be marketable to a larger demographic than the first design. one of my fears for it though...if i'm gonna wear a mtb specific shirt i want it to do two things. 1 - i want it to cover my boobs 2 - i want people to know that i'm a mt biker simply by looking at it. the topo shirt will cover my boobs, but i'm not convinced that persons outside mt biking circles will know what it's about (heck - even some who mt bike might not know what little mr. chumba head represents). to the public the shirt could be about, trail running, adventure racing, hiking, backpacking, etc...just something to keep in mind. maybe a little mtb guy on the dotted line?

one other tee-shirt design that i thought was cool but couldn't upload the pic is here:
    http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/38285
    kind of retro which is popular with the kids nowadays.

okay, i've spent way too much time on this and have proven my point about me being an over-thinker...

mtbr member
    Where can I get one? I can't seem to find it on the new Chumba website.