Thread: "New" Bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

"New" Bike

I just purchased a 2008 Raleigh Mojave 8.0. The bike is used and was a rental by a local shop here. The bike is in pretty good condition, mostly because people who rent mountain bikes, typically go for the full-suspension models. I am pretty stoked about it and feel like I got a good deal. The bike retails for around $700 I got it for $370. I'll post pictures when I get it back from the shop after they clean and tune up the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I recently bought a new one for $580 plus tax. So you got a good deal and a great value. It may not be the best looking bike out there and a bit heavy, but the components are excellent for a sub $600.00 bike.

I bought my son an 08 24" mtn scout as well, so now we have matching bikes and look like geeks riding around our town, LOL

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yeah, I am very happy with the bike. I work in the Sun Valley Idaho area, so there are lots of great trails. My fitness and skill level are at the beginning/intermediate level, so I am sticking to the Intermediate trails so that I don't kill myself. I took the bike out for its inaugural ride today and it was a blast. I ate s**t on a slippery switchback, but it was good. You're not riding hard enough if you don't wreck every once in a while.

The bike handles my weight well, and the brakes are top notch for my needs. I am very happy.