Thread: My NEW XCL!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

My NEW XCL!!!!!

Well let me first say thanks to Walter at Chumba for his amazing service, absolutely first class!! Walter worked with me from day one to build a bike that would suit my needs. Well after only a week I received my new xcl. This bike is everything I could of hoped and imagined. The weld quality is beautiful, the geometry just feels darn right perfect. Coming from a trek carbon hardtail I was very skeptical of what I was going to experience stepping up to an aluminum full suspension. I had worried that I would never be able to replace the feel of my carbon. Well I was definitely wrong! The balance of the bike is much better then my trek was, The bike feels just as light if not lighter due to its layout. I feel like even when I get into rocky situations where the terrain is unpredictable the bike just stays right up and well centered. I have not rode the bike too hard yet but I am sure it will serve my needs very well in the future. I love the ability to lock out the fox and rp23 to give me the feel of a hard-tail when i want to hit the road after a long ride or do some fast smooth singletrack. Speaking of fast this bike is just that. When the suspension is dialed in and you get on your high chainring, hold on as this thing takes you for a ride.

I dont want to come on here and tell everyone to buy an xcl because I did, but I researched the bejeezus out of bikes and I am not an easy sales target. I weighed all my options and tested alot of bikes. I had narrowed it down in the end to the Ellsworth epiphany, giant trance, motolite. In the end the xcl just won me over, I was lucky enough to try the epiphany, trance, and an xcl locally (guy had one on local trail) and I immediately knew I wanted the xcl as it stood out hands down to the others. The only complaint or personal preference I have with the bike at all is the chumba saddle. The saddle feels like concrete. After only riding for a little while I felt bruised in my grundle region. I am pretty bony so saddles are a tough thing for me to get right. With that being said it may just be the wrong saddle for me.

Pics to come!

Thanks Walter and the rest of the chumba crew for an amazing bike!

Casey

ride hard take risks
    Very nice looking forward to the ride review and pic's.

Check out the WTB Rocket V the wale tail on the rear and Ti rails are supper plush.

http://www.spadout.com/p/wtb-rocket-v-team/
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Flying Goat
    Yuppers. Walter and the rest of the Chumba crew are awesome and easy to deal with. I've had nothing but a good experience with them as well...

Where are these pics of your XCL??? XD

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Heres one!

ride hard take risks
    Wowzerz that is gorgeous!!!
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Flying Goat
    purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty... XD