kona-tize me captain

mountain cycles rumble frame?

anyone here ride the mountain cycles rumble hardtail frame? there in my prcie range and they look like they would be a good dirtjump bike. can anyone tell me more about them and post pics if u got em
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Just got my second Rumble!

The rumble is tough as nails and is dead sexy IMO. For the price I believe it CANNOT be beat. I use it mostly for DJ/FR/Urban and have even taken it out on some XC from time to time. The best part, Mountian Cycle has the Best Customer service in the business!
    Do it, you will not be disappointed. Here is the 05. More pic's to follow....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MC9.5
    The rumble is tough as nails and is dead sexy IMO. For the price I believe it CANNOT be beat. I use it mostly for DJ/FR/Urban and have even taken it out on some XC from time to time. The best part, Mountian Cycle has the Best Customer service in the business!
    Do it, you will not be disappointed. Here is the 05. More pic's to follow....
    "Best customer service"? I hear those guys are jerks!

Check out the "Official Mountain Cycle thread" for more info about Rumbles and all Mountain Cycle going ons.

Tim
    MC

kona-tize me captain
    well thats great, i honestly think i might buy one, there such a good price and if there like i hear they are then ill be very happy. thansk for the info man.

what size is the bb on the bike would u happen to know?and how long is your steerer tube?
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    well thats great, i honestly think i might buy one, there such a good price and if there like i hear they are then ill be very happy. thansk for the info man.

what size is the bb on the bike would u happen to know?and how long is your steerer tube?

BB width = 73mm
    H/T length = 137mm
    Mountaincycle.com, click 'rumble', click 'specs' in upper left hand corner for all the info.

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by MC9.5
    BB width = 73mm
    H/T length = 137mm
    Mountaincycle.com, click 'rumble', click 'specs' in upper left hand corner for all the info.

thanks man i went to the website and i guess i just missed it

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Very stiff frame, and best customer service in the industry in my experience.

My dogs are killin me
    GET ONE!!!! if you haven't already

Seriously...for the price you can't beat the deal. I've transitioned over to XC with my frame and it still rocks!!! I've been smokin other guys in XC races with fancy full suspensions. I love mine!!

High Speed Botanist

Been looking at the S1 version...

What size frame is that you have pictured? I'm planning on getting a Large frame, I'm 6' 175lbs. Noticed you running the seatpost shock, the aluminum seem a bit harsh? Building this up as a xc ride.

My dogs are killin me
    I'm 5'10", 155 pounds and I'm riding the medium frame, but I'd recommend contacting Mountain Cycle with the sizing questions.

I had a hardtail before and would have a sore back after long 12+ mile rides. Since then I've been doing situps and things to strengthen my back. That and the added short travel seatpost make for a great ride. To be honest I haven't even ridden this frame with a regular seatpost so I couldn't comment on that, but as long as you have a decent fork upfront the ride is fine.

Good luck building it up. I've had mine now for half and love it! It can really get up when you have it built light but it's still fun going off small/medium drops and is a great trail bike.

High Speed Botanist

Thanks

Cool, that's some good info. Didn't think I'd get a reply for a week or two. If ya got some more pics I'd be stoked to see them. I had a SanAndreas for years, riding a Zen now, Mtn.Cycle bikes ROCK!!!!

My dogs are killin me
    Sorry my computer is broken at home so I can't get any more pics

Ahhh...you ride a Zen? Awesome! I actually wanted to get a Zen but it was much pricier than the Rumble. Want to trade frames?

I agree-- I don't think i'll ever go to another brand. I'd recommend the black anodized frame--it's sweeeeeet.

75% Mountain cycle

'04 rumble ss

It' a great frame and only $200 from cambriabike. It needs a 5" fork, 100mm is OK but 130mm is sweet.