mtbr member
    Jan 2009

New question here. Mondraker Factor RR - Anyone with further infos or experience

Hello Everyone,

I will buy a new bike this spring and during my researches through many manufacturers I come across Mondraker.

It's not easy to find anything about Mondraker. On mondraker.com you'll find some press texts, but (except the german one) nothing I understand. Also the website is not up to date I think, I've got the actual 2009 catalog and the models differ between website and catalog.
    On primussports.com you'll find the actual 2009 models.

Very important for me is the Factor RR Limited, and everything about the driving characteristics. Also Informations about weight and durability of the bike are important.

Maybe I gonna make a testride on that bike. A local dealer sells Mondraker bikes. If I make a testride i definitely post my impressions.

Regards, Max

mtbr member
    Where do you live? If you live in the US your chances of getting that bike are slim... the rear end looks very cose to a horst link which Specialized has numerous patents on that severely limit being able to import other bikes with that type of rear end.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi dude,
    I live in switzerland. Mondraker is located in spain.
    Yeah, you're right it looks like the horse link. In case the Mondraker version works well I might balance the pros and cons about buying this bike. (After Testride)
    I know that mtbr.com is manly an CN and US Forum, but there are so many users that it could be that someone ride this bike. I don't want to buy a bike without any further Informations about durability even if I made a testride.
    For me it's not important to buy a bike which nobody has, but if it's a good bike why not.

BTW: So far Trek Remedy9, Lapierre Zesty714/Spicy516, Cannondale Rize4 (with custom setup) and GF Roscoe3 are in the closer circle of bikes I want to test and compare in the next weeks.

Greetings, Max

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hello,
    after further investigations I've got some more infos.

They use the Horst-Link, so from that point the behaviour of the rear suspension would be great. It could be that they are licenced by the patent owners. I'am also not sure if someone holds this patent in Europe?

A good friend of mine translated me several tests of Mondraker models. The higher priced models should be close to top companies. The durability is good, also the riding behaviour and the quality.

Maybe next weekend I could make a test on the Factor. I let you know.

Greetings Max

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Anyone have more experience on these bikes?
    In Europe Mondraker prices are pretty decent compared to USA brands.

mtbr member
    in spain mondraker it's a really good considerated company, in fact the zero model is the hit in enduro this year, the factor rr is a great bike, and in europe it's impossible that someone can made a patent like horst link.....

"El Whatever"
    I don't know... there was a model of Mondraker that used to break a lot... I can't remember if it was the Foxy or the Factor.

At any rate, they were replaced no questions asked. That particular model (I can't remember which one precisely) had a horrible geometry.

However, that was an older model. Check foromtb.com. They have a section where you can make a question in english.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thats a sweet ride no question about it... my friend got dune RR from Ride-Zone.. a bigger more beefed up version and in perfoms great so far.. it's a great climber and it descends like a dream.