Thread: marta sl on xcl

mtbr member

marta sl on xcl

anyone running these?
    any install issues?
    rotor size?
    thanks

mtbr member
    As far as rotor limitations, I don't believe you'll be able to run larger than a 185/180mm rotor in the rear. That usually isn't an issue though, as most people run that size or smaller.

Other than that, installing brakes on a XCL will be just about the same as installing them on any other bike

mtbr member
    I had marta SL carbon on my Mamba - the 5inch version of the EVO about 3 years ago. I loved them.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Hi

Have regular Martas on my XCL (about one year old), 180 front 160 rear and am very happy, I have also used the braided cables which look very nice against the ano grey frame. I chose them over the SLs because the weight advantage didn't justify the price difference seeing as performance was exactly the same (I Tested both). Bleeding can be a bit of a pain and messy as there is no “Breed valve” as there is on their rim brakes, you have to take off the top cover completely (Though this has been rectified for 09) so and I found it easier to take the brake off the bike as a complete system; that way you can keep the cable vertical speeding up the bleeding process.

Nice well made.
    Very Reliable
    Simple to install
    Good performance Vs Price
    Great service from Magura in Europe even though I got these in the US (When I got my XCL)
    Used Mineral Oil, better for you and the environment, I made a conscious design not to buy a system using DOT.

Dislikes

Bleeding can be a pain.
    Split clamp for the leavers would have been nice