Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007

Lets here some more about the H2....

So, the geometry on the site specs a 100mm fork... but the pics look like a 120mm. Anyone ridden this guy with the 120 fork? Hows it feel?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I didn't ride the HX2 with a 120 mm fork, but I think that the bike has got more stability and less maniability.
    About 1 degree less for the head tube angle than the 100 mm configuration and a longer wheelbase. Be careful to the fork rake for maniability.

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbow
    I didn't ride the HX2 with a 120 mm fork, but I think that the bike has got more stability and less maniability.
    About 1 degree less for the head tube angle than the 100 mm configuration and a longer wheelbase. Be careful to the fork rake for maniability.
    What the eff is maniability? The ability to mania?

I'm guessing you meant ability to manual?

Flying Goat
    didnt ride a HX2 but i have had some ride time on a HX1 with a 120mm Vanilla up front... Or at least i think it was 120mm...

Felt really really nice on some of the doubles during demo day...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Excuse me for my poor english but i'm neither american nor english

For the 120 mm fork, I think that the handling will be worse. Your choice depend of your style ride and your ride place.

Sorry again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    HA HA..

Tbows english is proabably better than mine, and its my first language..

Had my HX2 built up for a week now.. still getting used to the whole 29er thing. But there are the definate Chumba trade marks attached...

you get set up in the centre of the bike.. so its easy to weight either end on the trail...

rear end is stiff... great for 29ing....

set rotate the bb to a higher posistion if you want to be able to manual this bad boy better...

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Excuse me for my poor english but i'm neither american nor english

For the 120 mm fork, I think that the handling will be worse. Your choice depend of your style ride and your ride place.

Sorry again.
    No, my bad. That was a little harsh, thanks for info .

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PlushRides
    HA HA..

Tbows english is proabably better than mine, and its my first language..

Had my HX2 built up for a week now.. still getting used to the whole 29er thing. But there are the definate Chumba trade marks attached...

you get set up in the centre of the bike.. so its easy to weight either end on the trail...

rear end is stiff... great for 29ing....

set rotate the bb to a higher posistion if you want to be able to manual this bad boy better...
    Cool, congrats on the new ride. Are you running 100mm or 120?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    80 mm

His bike is here

For my future HX2, I hesitate between a 100 or 80 mm fork and Manitou or Fox.

My program is technical trail riding with lot of turns, long distance races and 24h races.

It will be a compromise.

mtbr member
    80 mm

His bike is here

For my future HX2, I hesitate between a 100 or 80 mm fork and Manitou or Fox.

My program is technical trail riding with lot of turns, long distance races and 24h races.

It will be a compromise.
    Longer is always better. Why only limit yourself to those brands? I would suggest trying a RockShox. I have never had a problem with any of their forks, but I have found the Manitou to be less stiff than the similarly priced RS.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sure, the RS 2009 seems to be a great forks, but the arch is to close to the tire, for me.

I don't live in south CA and when I ride my bike in winter I don't want to remove mud all the 10 minutes. Sometimes when I ride in severe conditions, the mud brakes or stop my bike !!!

It's a details but for me it's important.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    done.... well im sure the build will always progress...