mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Leader Bike Frames

Have some good deals posted on Ebay. Anyone ever own one or work with them. Looking for just a frame for a build up and one of their close outs would be perfect if it was the real deal.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Leader is one of the largest bike manufacturers in the world, the fact they clear out excess production on ebay is a smart move on their part.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

A Real Winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Leader is one of the largest bike manufacturers in the world, the fact they clear out excess production on ebay is a smart move on their part.

The largest manufacture in the world? I'm not calling you out or anything, but what is your source on this?
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight

I don't think so. I think Leader is just buying frame from Kinesis or other larger producers and then selling direct to the customer. Much like BikesDirect.com, only they have more house brands (Mercier, Motobecane, etc).
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member

Set the record

I will not debate on size or who we have designed and make frames for (other companies). We did once part own Two factories. Our company overseas was Leader Bicycle Co Ltd. based in Taiwan the other in China. We first opened for business in the USA year 1999, Asia year 1992. Today Leader designs all frames in house in San Diego. We then have our partners overseas make our frames to our specifications. We also have staff on hand in the factory inspecting all frames bound for Leader and our other OEM customers. We have high quality control. Leader invests in molds as well as product testing before it is put into large production. Go to www.leaderbikestore.com and see how many models we have. You are welcome to read our reviews here on MTBR review section. We will be advertising next month here on this site. To all our thousands of customers who own Leaders, thank you for making us the company we are today.

Currently we are working on a new high end bicycle company. The new brand is called Bloodline. Frames will run from $200 to $600 a pc. This brand will be marketed online and through LBS. We will be using special Non chip, and non scratch paint. Stronger than powder coat. We want to surprise the market so I can not say more but watch sometime around February for it. It will cover all the hardcore urban markets that leader is not participating in.

Thank you for reading this post.

Leader Bike
    205 W 35th St.
    Suite J
    National City, CA 91950
    Tel 619 425 6452
    contact@leaderbikeusa.com

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LBUSA; 01-16-2007 at 01:58 PM.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyisdope
    The largest manufacture in the world? I'm not calling you out or anything, but what is your source on this?
    reading or comprehending impaired? I said ONE OF the largest. Source? A long time in the bike world. Long enough to remember their trade show displays, manufacturers catalogs, and trade publication ads.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Brain,
    Thanks for responding online. Its always good to here things first hand. I called your local number and the person I spoke to was very helpful as I was concerned about the fit of a particular closeout CX frame for sale on Ebay. Ended up being a little big and the winning bidder got one heck of a deal. Look forward to your future listing and may even spring for an '07 416 which look pretty cool.
    As I was weighing a bid I thought about it being a Taiwanese bike and wasn't sure.Than I remember I own two Stumpjumpers both of which were made there and they are great bikes.

Thanks again for your input and good luck with "Bloodline."

Freshly Fujified

I own two Leader frames

I own their 626S full suspension rig and a 515H hardtail. Their frames are of excellent design and build quality. Check the reviews section and you'll see everyone saying basically the same thing. The frames perform as well as or better than others costing twice as much. Do not hesitate to buy their product.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    The 626S is a very interesting frame, how does it ride?

Freshly Fujified

I like it a lot!

Very confidence inspiring. Versatile as either lightweight XC bike, or beeded up AM rig. I had mine overbuilt to about 35lbs as an AM rig and the thing just took everything I threw at it. Rode it for two seasons and have since parted it out to help pay for a new bike. I've saved the frame and shock ( I have a PUSH'd Vanilla R on it ) for a lighter upcoming build that will include a PUSH'd Vanilla RLC up front.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member

Realy good review for Leader Bike

Here is a review posted by truesport.com

http://www.truesport.com/Bike/2007/t...der010507.html

There is a 5% discount coupon in this link.

Brian

S*it Happens!
    I was thinking about about buying a new frame. I was looking at the LD526 on ebay. Now I'll hold off to see the Bloodline frames. Will they also utilize the zero stack headset?

Fred.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

PM Me for Wood Fenders

Good job! I think I found it!

Attachment 241444I have been bouncing around the idea of rebuilding my Trek 7000 and upgrading it with 9 speed gear, but after reading the reviews on this frame I think I'll go with it. This will be my first rebuild and I know there are yard loads of tools out there. Any suggestions on an assembly of tools to have on hand for a build up???? Thanks to all who respond!

I'm also searching for any info on my Trek...I picked it up on Ebay a year ago after my Canni was ripped off. So here is a pic, I also have another thread on this under Trek. Thanks again
    Last edited by TrekJeff; 12-10-2007 at 12:40 AM.