mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Lapierre Zesty - climbing and descending..?

I've seen a couple of notes about climbing like "a bit sluggish" or "good", but no detailed info.

What's the feeling like when climbing? I want as much traction (as in wheel following terrain) as possible in technical climbing, while the rear end isn't "sinking" deep into it's travel. I find the feeling of "sinking" being related to air shocks, so in reality I would want as much traction as possible with the feeling of climbing a coil over shock. Preferably no pedal feedback due to hitting large obstacles while climbing. I know these qualites are a bit contradictionary, but some bike manufactureres seem to pull it off. Don't care about how it's climbing a fireroad with/without bobing.

How hard would I dare to ride a zesty on regular basis? I don't really do any single hard hits that would be more than the frame could handle, but I ride consistantly rather hard and weigh in at ~200lbs. I suppose my downhill preferance is more towards the spicy, but I want a light 5 inch bike once again. Could it handle this, or would this be abusing the frame? This question is only related to the frame itself, not the bundled equipment.

Looking forward to seeing tests of the 2010 full-carbon zesty.

mtbr member
    hi i'm from spain and here the zesty and a lot more of lapierre models are being a best sellers, if you have any doubt can ask here http://www.foromtb.com/f36/zona-zesty-395438.html it's in spanish but you can be sure that some owner will explain you what you want on english, i can preview you that the owners of the zesty are really happy with they

Members who have read this thread: 0