Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lapierre Thread

mtbr member

Lapierre Thread

[SIZE=2]Can I start a Lapierre thread, to late I want to see some pics to drool over.
    My Whyte thread may have failed but that was because very few people have them, Lapierre is a much bigger company so someone must have one.

Here in the UK theyíve only just started to import, and my local Giant dealer has just signed up with them and got a very nice looking 2008 X-Control 410.

Please post a pic if you have one.

[/SIZE]

mtbr member

This was at my local Lapierre dealer, what a beast!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    nice!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    impressive)..
    for trail?

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Yep! Basically their version of a trail bike, I would have thought it would have a similar purpose to the Santa Cruz Blur with the same travel and type of VPP suspension.

120mm front suspension but I donít know about the rear travel.

I cant wait to get a ride on one
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I am getting my new Lapierre race bike within the week. I will post pictures!!

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Which one are you going for?

Cant wait to see pics, hope yours arrive nice and early for you unlike the ones this dealer got in.

Merry Christmas!
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It is the X-Race 900 frame, not the 2008, I think the 2007, but I should get it wednesday or thursday!

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Looks like a very nice bike on the web site.
    [/SIZE]

French Yťtifan
    New Lapierre Zesty 914 2008 !

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]congrats

Looks amazing especially with the white fork and Formula brakes and the carbon derailleur guard is a nice touch, whatís the ride like?
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Went back to my local Lapierre dealer and found he has the other bikes he ordered. Which now means he stocks Turner, Kona, Giant (my Trance X), Lapierre, Cove, Titus and Chumba so a very good range of bikes.

If you look closely on this you can see some wonderful innovations such as the rear sus sag measuring instrument (the red ring above the seat stay on the seat tube) and a very nice carbon derailleur guard to provide ultimate protection when matched with the XT Shadow mech.

With all these beautiful bikes Iím seriously considering putting up a tent in the shop.

I give you some slightly blurry pics of the Lapierre Zesty 514:

[/SIZE]

Stray Bullet

mtbr member

[SIZE=2]Delicious!!!
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    My own Lapierre X-race 300 '07 - Total: 10780 g ->10500 going to be on spring this year.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Nice! I like the green forks.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Out of interest, where's the UK shop?

I'm in Cheshire/Peaks and looking to dem the Zesty and Spicy.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]You probably canít travel this far to get your bike but Nirvana in Westcott, Surrey nr Dorking has a reward scheme where by for every £10 you spend you get £1 off you next purchase. I spent £1500 on a Trance X and they gave me £150 of free stuff OR stuff I swapped onto the bike for free. Absolutely amazing deal if you can get down here.

Also they have amazing customer service and several Zestyís in stock as seen above and no I donít work there.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Have a drool over this beauty with the kind permission of: http://www.flickr.com/photos/omendez/

[/SIZE]

mtbr member

Reveiw of the Zesty 514

[SIZE=2]Well, last week I had an opportunity to test the Lapierre. The weight is very light for a pretty ordinary 5.5in bike and was very noticeable. It was very plush and has a stable pedalling platform, that is until you really power it up a steep hill which leads me to question why they didnít at least put an RP2 on the back which should remove any pedal feedback on steep sections. Looking at the pic you can see the level of kit you get with this very good value bike, itís all light and worked perfectly. This bike is extremely confidence inspiring with everything it does, probably because of the high front end. The high front end would be something I would change as it had a negative effect on the steering and uphill performance so I would put a Fox F-120 R on their as I wouldnít personally need 140mm on the front and the bottom bracket being lower would make it more stable, which is another good thing for me, I donít get problems hitting stuff with the BB or cranks and I am a tall rider so it make I high saddle easier without moving my weight up and I wont look like a goon on a step ladder. The tires are another thing that would have to go, Iíd have Conti Mountain King 2.4 protections put on there for speed and grip rather than these banana slicks. Surprisingly the saddle was quite comfortable. The new pressed in BB has me wondering about durability and how I get it in and out but Iím sure Shimano had a good reason for bringing back such an old and hard to perform maintenance on BB system.

As for the rest of the ride: perfect, no joke.
    As for the rest of the kit: perfect, particularly the Formula Oroís and new XT wheels.
    As for the frame: perfect, its strong and looks stunning with great graphics.

[/SIZE]

mtbr member

Why's this pic so popular

[SIZE=2]Can you guys help me out with something, I have a Flickr photo account, youíve seen my nice clear photos of this bike, but so far this blurry pic through the window of my LBS with the reflection of my flash in the window with scratches all over it is the most popular with 209 views, I find this very odd, perhaps itís that dork next to the flash reflection that catches your attention.

Having said that, I was ignoring the nearly 300 views I got for a pic of 5 cable/frame protectors, which is just plain strange.

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I hate this answering system

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominik.M
    I hate this answering system
    [SIZE=2]Well thatís an odd thing to say, I just cant think what you mean, care to explain?
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Many times when I am answering to some messages, my answer doesn't go into the right place.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast