Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 280
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    513

    Kent ERIKSEN frames

    You know who you are - PLEASE post yours here. The one stop thread for ERIKSEN frames.

    Here are a few shots of my frame I received today - will finish the build and final tweaking this week - follow-up photos to come.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grand claims demand grand proof.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    54

    head badge

    I have ordered a Kent Eriksen frame recently. I thought Kent had changed the head tube badge to a screw on type but it looks like a decal on your frame. Am I seeing things?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    513

    Yes - he offers a head badge too....

    Quote Originally Posted by stuss
    I have ordered a Kent Eriksen frame recently. I thought Kent had changed the head tube badge to a screw on type but it looks like a decal on your frame. Am I seeing things?
    but I went with the decal. Personal pref.
    Grand claims demand grand proof.

  4. #4
    breathing helium
    Reputation: cocheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,094
    Here's my KE frame, #78.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    54

    nice

    Both of those frames look fantastic. Kent makes some sweet looking frames. Cant wait to get my Single Speed!!

  6. #6
    Schipperkes are cool.
    Reputation: banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,120
    No, search
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    513

    ERIKSEN now built

    Search and yee shall find.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grand claims demand grand proof.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sikocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,624
    So close to ordering a Eriksen 5" FS frame. Deciding between that and a Lenz Lunchbox.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    95
    Heres mine..
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dRjOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,294
    oooooooooo. aahhhh!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    513

    Thats Lite!

    Quote Originally Posted by cmdickinson
    Heres mine..
    Grand claims demand grand proof.

  12. #12
    Black and Sticky
    Reputation: Bituman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    671

    One more from KE

    Posted these pics a while back. Rolls like a dream.

    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dRjOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,294
    super clean (as in suave) good work.

  14. #14
    2006 sswc RockStar
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituman
    Posted these pics a while back. Rolls like a dream.

    Bob
    this is AWESOME! i would love that bike, apart from the forks................

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Treybiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,045
    #241 here. Had it built as a single speed with sliders, but had some extra hose guides tacked on the seatstay to run a continous cable housing for a 1x9, (have yet to do). It has a 2" down tube that makes it stiffer than Ron Jeremy so it'll mash up technical hills like a race horse behind a glue truck. Couldn't have chosen a better builder.

    Hey Hardtail29er, glad to see you got your frame. The decals look really good. I was teetering on the black myself.












  16. #16
    251
    251 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 251's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    521
    How did I miss this?

    Here is my number 254:

























    And...



    Dave

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    998
    a dirty one, sorry for this

    polished xt cranks, rasta i9 wheels, custom red r1 brakes and some other goodies. still need some masterpiece seatback post and ti bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-1.jpg  

    Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-2.jpg  

    Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-3.jpg  

    Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-4.jpg  


  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58

    My baby

    Kent Eriksen frame number 378. Had it since September now and its all i ever wanted. As far as i'm aware its the only BB30 specific frame he's built. Some absolutely stunning machines in this thread but naturally i would think that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kent ERIKSEN frames-eriksen1.jpg  

    Kent ERIKSEN frames-eriksen2.jpg  

    Kent ERIKSEN frames-eriksen3.jpg  


  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    Hello! First off, VERY gorgeous frames you got there guys! I don't think anyone has nicer welds than a KE frame. I'm currently contemplating on joining the Kent club but I just want to ask first how tough is the finish on his frame? I heard a satin finish on a titanium frame is a scratch magnet. How true is this? If you do scratch it is it easy to buff out yourself? I really hope to hear from you guys! I'm having fitted later this afternoon in a local Kent Eriksen dealer here and I just can't stop dreaming about getting my hands on a KE frame soon. Thanks guys!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    998
    nothing to worry about. the satin finish is plenty robust and once you got it used up have it refurbished. if i remember correctly, kent will charge you $150 or so and it looks new again. mine is 3 years old and no reason to have it refurbished yet.

    kent is a great guy and i am sure you will love your bike.
    Last edited by hellocook; 10-14-2010 at 08:44 PM.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    Thanks cook! I stay overseas that's why having it refurbished every now and then won't be pretty easy. I'm glad that it's not as scratch prone as what I've heard. I plan to keep my KE frame forever and maybe pass it on to my kids. His frames are simply works of art in motion!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    Second that, no problem with the finish on mine either plus i hope not to need it refurbed as i'm in the UK

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    Thanks haggis. That's my concern too since I live on the other side of the globe (PI). Just had my measurements taken for my frame! Just waiting for the CAD drawing. I sure can't wait to get my hands on my own KE frame!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,048
    sick frames!

    ride.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446

    my baby.

    This is my Eriksen frame number 242. In geared and single speed set up. I cant wait to get my second one. Black Sheep fork 490 ac and 47mm rake 20mm through axle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kent ERIKSEN frames-picture-230.jpg  

    Kent ERIKSEN frames-picture-116.jpg  


  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    Cocheese, bituman, and 251 are the decals on your frames the color Pewter option? I like it but I'm also interested in the "Spray Mask" option but I want to know first how it exactly looks like and what are the advantages over an ordinary decal. Does anyone have this on their bike? I hope someone can post a close up shot. Thanks guys.

  27. #27
    breathing helium
    Reputation: cocheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,094
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisgarages
    Cocheese, bituman, and 251 are the decals on your frames the color Pewter option? I like it but I'm also interested in the "Spray Mask" option but I want to know first how it exactly looks like and what are the advantages over an ordinary decal. Does anyone have this on their bike? I hope someone can post a close up shot. Thanks guys.
    Yep, it's pewter.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ridgeeriksenrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    32
    #557 steel fork 29er 2x9 gripshift with ztr hubs/arch rims
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kent ERIKSEN frames-eriksen.jpg  


  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ridgeeriksenrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by HardTail29er
    You know who you are - PLEASE post yours here. The one stop thread for ERIKSEN frames.

    Here are a few shots of my frame I received today - will finish the build and final tweaking this week - follow-up photos to come.
    lame you just got a sticker not a head badge

  30. #30
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgeeriksenrider
    lame you just got a sticker not a head badge
    Lol. At least he knows how to spell.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ridgeeriksenrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikecrazy55
    Lol. At least he knows how to spell.
    shut up chris i did it so fast you and todd put me underso much pressure

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgeeriksenrider
    #557 steel fork 29er 2x9 gripshift with ztr hubs/arch rims

    Dude, I would say that you are so badass for owning such a sweet bike. But then I noticed your retarded username..........ridgeeriksenrider? WTF is that supposed to mean?!?!? you must be a big loser and you probably have a face full of zits

  33. #33
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    just like how much pressure i put you on when i whoop up on you racin'
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

  34. #34
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    oh my!

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Okay before anyone comments on it. I realize that the brake lines are way too long on the green one. I literally built it up today and wanted to get out and get pictures before the sun went down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kent ERIKSEN frames-mtbr.jpg  

    Kent ERIKSEN frames-mtbr2.jpg  


  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metrotuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,767
    3fast3furious: Sweet! Diggin' the subtle Rasta colors.
    Lead actor Will of the Sun, Author Platform Pedal Shootout 900K+ views

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    147

    yup!

    Just got my order in the line-up! 29'er HT, Sweetpost and some Kent bent Ti bars. 8 weeks feels like a long time at this point, but hell, there is powder to be skied and riding season around here will not come for another 3 months if we are lucky. All frames posted are beautiful. I will let y'all know how things come out._____'Hoss

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhoss
    Just got my order in the line-up! 29'er HT, Sweetpost and some Kent bent Ti bars. 8 weeks feels like a long time at this point, but hell, there is powder to be skied and riding season around here will not come for another 3 months if we are lucky. All frames posted are beautiful. I will let y'all know how things come out._____'Hoss

    I'm glad you decided to join us WheelHoss. Can't wait to see the finished product.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446
    The more the better I think in this case?

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    Hello guys! I might get my hands on my very own KE frame by the end of this month! I'm currently getting the parts I need for it. I'm going to build it up as a weight weenie wonder machine. Forgive the ignorance but what kind of headset would I need for it? A a-head set or can I use a semi-integrated one? Thanks guys!

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisgarages
    Hello guys! I might get my hands on my very own KE frame by the end of this month! I'm currently getting the parts I need for it. I'm going to build it up as a weight weenie wonder machine. Forgive the ignorance but what kind of headset would I need for it? A a-head set or can I use a semi-integrated one? Thanks guys!

    Did you specify with Kent about what you wanted to use? He will pretty much build your frame around any parts you want to use. Personally, and I think I speak for 90% of Eriksen owners, I think nothing pairs better with an Eriksen than a Chris King headset. They look nice and are smoooooove. I'm sure there is something lighter for you weight weenies. But that gets my voice. And if you're really nice, you can probably buy it with the frame and have it pressed in right away. That's what I did so I wouldn't need to take it to a shop for anything during my build up

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    Thanks 3fast3furious! I didn't really tell him what headset to use. So I'm assuming he'll use the regular aheadset type for it. I guess I'll go for that. I was just kinda hoping I could use a semi-integrated one so it would be lighter. You've got one very sweet bike there!

  43. #43
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fast3furious
    Did you specify with Kent about what you wanted to use? He will pretty much build your frame around any parts you want to use. Personally, and I think I speak for 90% of Eriksen owners, I think nothing pairs better with an Eriksen than a Chris King headset. They look nice and are smoooooove. I'm sure there is something lighter for you weight weenies. But that gets my voice. And if you're really nice, you can probably buy it with the frame and have it pressed in right away. That's what I did so I wouldn't need to take it to a shop for anything during my build up
    However, Kent just got the what he needs to do the tooling for a tapered headtube. So personally, if you don't have a fork yet, i would say go for it and get an integrated headset with a tapered fork. That would be some sick shlt! And post pics! And Chris king makes an inset if you are heart set on the brand, but cane creek also makes an excellent integrated headset.
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikecrazy55
    However, Kent just got the what he needs to do the tooling for a tapered headtube. So personally, if you don't have a fork yet, i would say go for it and get an integrated headset with a tapered fork. That would be some sick shlt! And post pics! And Chris king makes an inset if you are heart set on the brand, but cane creek also makes an excellent integrated headset.

    I would have told him that info too mtnbikecrazy55, but I figured it was a bit too late. He said he would be getting it by the end of the month. You and I both know that his frame is too far along to change the headtube at this point. He might have his frame in the same batch as yours DAWG. You guys will have to compare serial numbers when you get your frames.

  45. #45
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fast3furious
    I would have told him that info too mtnbikecrazy55, but I figured it was a bit too late. He said he would be getting it by the end of the month. You and I both know that his frame is too far along to change the headtube at this point. He might have his frame in the same batch as yours DAWG. You guys will have to compare serial numbers when you get your frames.
    But not really, it's a small change.... Kent offered it to me a couple weeks ago......
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikecrazy55
    But not really, it's a small change.... Kent offered it to me a couple weeks ago......
    A couple of weeks ago your frame was a pile of tubes.

  47. #47
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fast3furious
    A couple of weeks ago your frame was a pile of tubes.
    Probably still is, I doubt he's put it in the jig yet. Once it's in the jig it's damn near done.
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikecrazy55
    Probably still is, I doubt he's put it in the jig yet. Once it's in the jig it's damn near done.

    False. He does them in batches. So he jigs it up to get the tubes butted right. then they get welded, like 5 at a time. Then they get the braize ons. Then they have to get bead blasted. Then they have to get Decals and stuff. You got a lot of steps left

  49. #49
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    Todd.. Stop talking. When greg and i were at his shop, he put one in the jig, and while doing so, said "now it's quick from here on out"

    DAWWGGGG
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    147
    My frame will be enjoying the tapered headtube. Wondering if it is normal to have dreams of my frame at night....This is a sick and twisted process, 8 weeks feels like an eternity. And I probably won't even really ride the thing until mid-May.

  51. #51
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhoss
    My frame will be enjoying the tapered headtube. Wondering if it is normal to have dreams of my frame at night....This is a sick and twisted process, 8 weeks feels like an eternity. And I probably won't even really ride the thing until mid-May.
    Nice choice! Post pics when you get it!

    P.s 3furious, turns out it WASANT too late! Ha!
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    I'm just waiting for my frame to get here by the end of the month so its too late for me know to change the headtube. Sorry for being a bit OT but I was just wondering if a semi-integrated headset would work on a frame that was made for an ordinary a-headset frame such a KE frame?

  53. #53
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    No, you Can't use an intergrated headset with a non tapered head tube. Basiy, the benifiet is that you can get tge stack height lower, without having to use a stem with as Much drop. I was going to go for it, but I already had my fork and diddnt feel like messing around finding one with a tapered steerer instead.
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    @Wheelhoss Congrats on being the lucky first guy to get the KE tapered headtube. And yes the dreams are here to stay. Even after you get the bike you still dream about it.

    Also just an FYI mtnbikecrazy55 and I are good friends. So the banter between us was just in good fun. Bottom line is Kent Eriksen is the man!!! Enjoy your rolling art everyone

  55. #55
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    Haha, good friends, eh? :-P
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikecrazy55
    Haha, good friends, eh? :-P

    don't make me come down to that coffee shop and smack the iPad outta your hands!!!


    also read this closely and tell me that Cameron didn't type for you
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikecrazy55
    No, you Can't use an intergrated headset with a non tapered head tube. Basiy, the benifiet is that you can get tge stack height lower, without having to use a stem with as Much drop. I was going to go for it, but I already had my fork and diddnt feel like messing around finding one with a tapered steerer instead.
    Last edited by 3fast3furious; 02-18-2011 at 01:37 PM.

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446
    [QUOTE=3fast3furious]don't make me come down to that coffee shop and smack the iPad outta your hands!!!

    LOL

    Of course Kent now does tapered head tubes cause I have this Big ass 1.5 headtube on my new one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kent ERIKSEN frames-1.5bitches.jpg  


  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    [QUOTE=njbiker66]
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fast3furious
    don't make me come down to that coffee shop and smack the iPad outta your hands!!!

    LOL

    Of course Kent now does tapered head tubes cause I have this Big ass 1.5 headtube on my new one...

    That's a pretty sweet lookin ride Tommy Boy. I'm not trying to argue(cuz I think we're all friends here) but for the record the original dispute of the conversation was not whether or not it could be done, but rather if it could be done in time. The first guy that brought it up said he was getting his at the end of the month which means that it is probably past that point in the design to include a tapered head tube. And tapered tubing is different that the oversized that you have. Kent has been doing oversized for years. In fact, his own bike has a Lefty on it. But he just recently got the equipment to make the tapered tube. Happy trails

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446
    [QUOTE=3fast3furious]
    Quote Originally Posted by njbiker66


    That's a pretty sweet lookin ride Tommy Boy. I'm not trying to argue(cuz I think we're all friends here) but for the record the original dispute of the conversation was not whether or not it could be done, but rather if it could be done in time. The first guy that brought it up said he was getting his at the end of the month which means that it is probably past that point in the design to include a tapered head tube. And tapered tubing is different that the oversized that you have. Kent has been doing oversized for years. In fact, his own bike has a Lefty on it. But he just recently got the equipment to make the tapered tube. Happy trails
    I hope we are all friends here to...,but any way This is my second Eriksen I got about 2 months ago give or take a few weeks. Its just funny that they now are doing tapered after I got mine with a 1.5. Its just my luck is all I'm saying.

    I will post updated build specs and pictures this weekend.

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    [QUOTE=njbiker66]
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fast3furious

    I hope we are all friends here to...,but any way This is my second Eriksen I got about 2 months ago give or take a few weeks. Its just funny that they now are doing tapered after I got mine with a 1.5. Its just my luck is all I'm saying.

    I will post updated build specs and pictures this weekend.
    What was your first Eriksen? Was it road or a different mtb? I know that when I got mine, my brain started designing the next one. I can't decide if I want a KE road bike (as I don't do a lot of road riding) or if I want to go all out on a fat bike. Winters are long in Wisconsin and I'm dying for a snow bike. Can't wait to see the rest of your build. Are you going Lefty?

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446
    My first one is a 29er Frame number 242. I had kent build it for the Maverick Duc 32 and with an ebb for a single speed option as well. I loved the bike the minute I rode as a geared bike. So as time went on I build up a Van dessel single speed and started riding that more them my Eriksen. So I said F it and just converted my Eriksen to a single speed. I then had Black sheep build me a custom Ti fork 20mm axle, 495ac which is my sag height on the Maverick fork from 520ac. After riding the Ti fork for a few months I did not like the flexyness. So I had Scott Quiring Cycles build me a new Steel fork. Mean while I had my Titus FCR exo grid road bike that just sat in my loft and I maybe put about 500-1,000 miles a year on it. I started to think that I should just part the bike out and buy another Ti 29er. So I ordered up another Eriksen Frame to be a geared bike only Frame #554. Its once again build for the maverick fork but I could run a tapered fork or a lefty fork if the axle to crown is close enough for me. Ti is forever I keep being told so with 1.5 head tube I can run just about any for combo now and the future. Both of the bikes are 70 degree head tubes. I have really two bikes left in the dream build list its a Ti 29er FS bike and a Ti commuter style bike belt drive internal geared hub.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    wow dude, you're all over it. That's a small fortune you have in bikes (or large fortune for some). I think my Erkisen was in the same batch as your new one. I have #560 and my friend has #557

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fast3furious
    wow dude, you're all over it. That's a small fortune you have in bikes (or large fortune for some). I think my Erkisen was in the same batch as your new one. I have #560 and my friend has #557
    Yup all over it you could say. I love bicycles and riding bicycles since I was 14. I have a good job doing commercial heating and air conditioning. lots of over time pays for my cycling habits.

    I would have to say we have frames from the same batch.

    How do you like the 2x10 setup?

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    147
    [QUOTE=3fast3furious]@Wheelhoss Congrats on being the lucky first guy to get the KE tapered headtube. And yes the dreams are here to stay. Even after you get the bike you still dream about it.

    Yeah, I figured you guys were buddies, very similar to the conversation I would have with my buds.

    I got into the Park City Point to Point, so now I am guaranteed to spend lots o time on the KE this summer doing long rides in the hills. For now, I guess powder skiing and walking uphill work just fine. Cheers boys, you have sweet bikes.

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by njbiker66
    Yup all over it you could say. I love bicycles and riding bicycles since I was 14. I have a good job doing commercial heating and air conditioning. lots of over time pays for my cycling habits.

    I would have to say we have frames from the same batch.

    How do you like the 2x10 setup?

    So far, I'm diggin the 2x10. It's less thinking which makes it less cumbersome. And it's lighter. It's also my first 29er and I am LOVING that so far.

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    Guys, in a few days I'll be getting my hands on my very own KE frame! Just wondering, what do I need to expect from it aside from a drop-dead-gorgeous frame? Would it come in a box? Manuals? Free stuffs? Certificate of authenticity or something? Thanks guys and hope to hear from you soon!

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisgarages
    Guys, in a few days I'll be getting my hands on my very own KE frame! Just wondering, what do I need to expect from it aside from a drop-dead-gorgeous frame? Would it come in a box? Manuals? Free stuffs? Certificate of authenticity or something? Thanks guys and hope to hear from you soon!

    Nope, none of that....aside from the drop dead gorgeous frame of course. You'll probably get a box. I agree though, they should throw in something cool. Like maybe a drool rag

  68. #68
    Illuminati
    Reputation: scant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,681
    I saw some1 had some eriksen ti handlebars. does anyone know how much they cost please as I cant see any on the website?

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Just J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,464
    Looking at the welds on these gorgeous frames they look so much better than say Lynskey et al. I last spoke to Kent about 4/5 years ago about the possibility of building me a 69r, however I may start talks regarding a SS 29R at some point fairly soon, in the mean time I look forward to seeing your bikes on these pages!

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fast3furious
    Nope, none of that....aside from the drop dead gorgeous frame of course. You'll probably get a box. I agree though, they should throw in something cool. Like maybe a drool rag
    Really? Aside from the frame/art it would've been nice if they threw in some freebies like a cap or at least an extra sticker frame set. Oh well...can't wait to drool over my own KE frame soon! Hmmm...maybe I can ask Kent to sign the frame for me or something then I'll put some protective tape over it.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by scant
    I saw some1 had some eriksen ti handlebars. does anyone know how much they cost please as I cant see any on the website?

    A guy on my team got those. I think they were in the 100-200 dollar range. Down side is that you have to shim them to fit into most stems and they are not super light. But they do look totally sweet. I know a few other guys on the team are probably gonna get them(we have a Kent Eriksen team)

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    That's must be an awesome sight to see 3fast3furious! A team of KE bikes! Pics or it didn't happen!

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ridgeeriksenrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    32
    http://eriksencycles.blogspot.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ridgeeriksenrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisgarages
    That's must be an awesome sight to see 3fast3furious! A team of KE bikes! Pics or it didn't happen!
    o it happened

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ridgeeriksenrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    32
    drool rag!!! more like drool towel

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446
    Hey 3fast3furious, If you are thinking of a second one it wont stop there. I'm still thinking of more,but the wife will kill me as she wants a bigger place to live. I think an Eriksen snow bike would be great build!!! What would you do for a fork? or should i ask who's fork would you use?

    I will get mine posted soon I hope but i lost my camera charger for the 3rd time.

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    147
    Kent is going to bend up some bars for my frame. He told me they were about $125. I agree, they look pretty sweet

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446
    Wheelhoss: You will love his bars especially if you ride ridged. They are simple, but sweet.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    243
    Are they risers or flat bars?

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    147
    The frame is a hardtail 29er and I am 5'7", so the bars are flat, I like a low cockpit, with an 8 degree sweep. No risers under the stem. Not a rigid set-up, 80mm Reba.

    Maybe a dumb question: I know the bars are a slightly smaller diameter, is there any issue fitting standard grips and bar-ends on there?

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446
    I have had no issues with mounting any thing to the bars what so ever. I use ODI lock on grips with Cane Creek bar ends.

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by njbiker66
    Hey 3fast3furious, If you are thinking of a second one it wont stop there. I'm still thinking of more,but the wife will kill me as she wants a bigger place to live. I think an Eriksen snow bike would be great build!!! What would you do for a fork? or should i ask who's fork would you use?

    I will get mine posted soon I hope but i lost my camera charger for the 3rd time.
    I would probably just do a Surly fork. Simple and available

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446

    Snow Bike

    I took pictures of this bike last year at NAHBS. I know its not an Eriksen, but it would be sweeter if it was!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kent ERIKSEN frames-picture-040.jpg  

    Kent ERIKSEN frames-picture-045.jpg  


  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2
    At NAHBS in Austin, Kent had several bikes using a 44 headtube. Chris King had a headset that would allow use of a tapered steerer with the 44 headtube. Interestingly enough, King did not have any at their booth.
    Last edited by shih_edwin; 02-28-2011 at 08:13 PM.

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2
    Eriksen won the 2011 NAHBS best tandem.
    Last edited by shih_edwin; 02-28-2011 at 08:14 PM.

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10
    I got my first Eriksen last year. Here is my geared 29er. Frame has 2" down tube and 1" chain stays. Bike has some miles and dirt on it now.

    Note the clean welds

    Kent removed some metal from the top of the lockout knob/lever so that the knob would clear the down tube with ample room.

    The Eriksen seat post is a great design and adds comfort.


    I picked up my new Eriksen from Kent this weekend. I had him build a single speed EBB with the same geometry but using the 44 headtube. Kent reams the bottom bracket shell to ensure concentricity and also knurls the inside so that the EBB insert doesn't slip. This frame has a 1.75" down tube.

    Installed is the Cane Creek 110 headset that allows use of a tapered steerer with a 44 head tube. This frame was displayed at the Eriksen booth at the NAHBS.

    Just waiting for a set of Joe Young DT Swiss wheels.
    Last edited by sawhornsoff; 02-28-2011 at 10:11 PM.

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    136
    WOW NICE

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    Nice bike Saw! Not bad for a 1st post! Welcome! I was told that my frame was displayed in the NAHBS too. Anyone has pics from the show?

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: njbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    446
    Hey sawhornsoff, Nice builds!! Its just proof in the pudding that once you have one you will want another!!

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10
    morrisgarages,

    I have some pics from the show and from Eriksen's booth. Which bikes is yours? I'll search through the pics.

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    147
    If you could post some of those pics I would love to see them. Doubt my frame is/was far enough along to be there. Just want to see pics to enhance the drool factor I have going right now.

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhoss
    The frame is a hardtail 29er and I am 5'7", so the bars are flat, I like a low cockpit, with an 8 degree sweep. No risers under the stem. Not a rigid set-up, 80mm Reba.

    Maybe a dumb question: I know the bars are a slightly smaller diameter, is there any issue fitting standard grips and bar-ends on there?

    The ends of the bars are the same diameter as any other set of bars. They just don't taper to a fatter bar in the middle like most bars. They are the same diameter the whole way.

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisgarages
    That's must be an awesome sight to see 3fast3furious! A team of KE bikes! Pics or it didn't happen!

    Here is our team's blog http://eriksencycles.blogspot.com There are some pics above of the new kits that we are waiting for. This is a new team so we don't have a lot of media yet about racing and such. All of us came from different teams from past seasons. It should be a fun summer. I know Kent and Katie are excited to have some more exposure in the racing world. Tell me what you think of the kit

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: morrisgarages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by sawhornsoff
    morrisgarages,

    I have some pics from the show and from Eriksen's booth. Which bikes is yours? I'll search through the pics.
    Mine's the one with the Yeti ASR rear. If its not on your pics it would still be really cool if you could post pics of KE during the NAHBS. Thanks!

  95. #95
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    Yes, post pics of the bikes at the show!! The more the better! Were all picture whores here!!!
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10
    morrisgarages,

    Your frame may be in the corner of these pics.



  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10
    Here is some more bike porn from 2011 NAHBS:

    This Eriksen was at the booth across from Kent's. It is the first belt drive he has put together. Bike is built with a Lefty and Rohloff hub. Check out the custom fabricated seat stay joint to allow the belt to slide through.

    Last edited by sawhornsoff; 03-01-2011 at 08:25 PM.

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10
    Here is Kent and Katie's tandem that won best tandem:


  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10
    For the cyclocross guys:



  100. #100
    Fueled by Tigerblood
    Reputation: mtnbikecrazy55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    325
    Oohh, that makes me want my orAnge one even moreeee
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •