Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Your welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing the frame built up as well as your thoughts on how it rides.

I'd also like to compliment everyone else who have posted their Eriksen's. Great llooking bikes one and all!
    2011 Quiring 29er Steel Hardtail
    2009 Gt Peace 9'R SS
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    1997 GT Zaskar
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn SS

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have posted a completed bike pic to the all mountain build thread also, but here is the completed bike with many more pictures at the previously linked KGS Bikes Flickr photostream.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    That looks great dipan! Make sure you post up some ride reports.
    2009 Gt Peace 9'R SS
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    1997 GT Zaskar
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn SS

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by njbiker66 View Post
    This is my Eriksen frame number 242. In geared and single speed set up. I cant wait to get my second one. Black Sheep fork 490 ac and 47mm rake 20mm through axle.
    Hi nj,

May I ask you if it is very difficult to convert a multi gear frame into a single speed like yours? Is yours a stock multi speed frame and what did you do to convert it into a SS?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrap View Post
    Hi nj,

May I ask you if it is very difficult to convert a multi gear frame into a single speed like yours? Is yours a stock multi speed frame and what did you do to convert it into a SS?
    No it was not hard to convert it was just time consuming for me. When I had Kent build the frame I had him build the Frame with an Eccentric Bottom Bracket. If you have a multi gear frame check out Paul components for a single speed frame tensioner. It seemed like i was always switching back and forth every weekend or so I just got tired of it. Plus I had a road bike that I hardly rode so I was able to sell that for the extra money.

Tom

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Tom,

Does it make sense to have a non Eriksen frame to be send back for him (Kent) to have a EBB added? (possible) or there is better aftermarket parts to convert into a SS?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by njbiker66 View Post
    She hits the scale right at 25lbs. It's truly built for a clyde.

Hi Tom,

Im just curious if you will ever sell your SS Eriksen you posted and upgrade for something else? If you do, let me know, I am looking for one similar setup like yours. How much does your build cost?

DId you get the entire setup from Kent or you assemble it up parts by parts yourself?

Sorry, it suppose to be a PM but I am too new here to be able to send one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Does anyone know what is the best method to covert a multi speed frame into a SS. I have rule out using a tensional. I am thinking of a eno hub or a half chain link. Also wondering if Chris King has something similar like the eno hub as I need the color match.

mtbr member
    aren't there any new Kent Eriksen frames. Maybe this thread just needs to resurected

mtbr member
    Yeah, yeah make me feel bad. I have been sitting on my SS 29er since August. I will get out and take some pictures soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Okay we are waiting.

Best, John

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'll have some pics in a couple months. I just put my deposit down on Friday. I had been thinking about buying for a while then saw two at a WORS race (Battle of Camrock) and another down here in IL at Palos the following weekend...figured it was meant to be. Have enjoyed reading the thread and checking out the pics, keep 'em comin'...

Mudder
    Glove, glad you decided on an eriksen!! Maybe we'll see you (Eriksen Cycles) at the WORS races this upcoming summer.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't Make sense
    Refrigerator

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I usually hit the three in the series that are furthest south. I'll keep an eye out for you guys.

Kent and Katie talked me into the 650B hardtail. Any of you guys running I9's? I was thinking of having them build me a set of wheels to match the ano.

Mudder
    I'm actually running chris kings, but I9's are really nice too. I9 has a lot of engagement points, which is great, but it also can have more drag when you coast. If I were you I'd build up some stan's arch 650b rims onto some kings!
    Haikus are easy
    Refrigerator

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I had actually thought of having Kent make me a set of the 355's with King hubs (also). I'm thinking I'd like to have a couple pair. I'm a little worried about access to 650B parts so I thought I'd have a back-up on hand. Does Stan's do the arch in that size? Any other insight? I still have time to make changes.

Mudder
    I wouldn't worry about the availability of parts. Schwalbe is making the racing ralph in 650B now I believe. I think the stans 355 is discontinued in 650B. But they have the arch which is comparable. I have 29er crest rims with king hubs and CX sapim ray spokes. Those spokes are crazy expensive but the lightest and strongest around.
    Haikus are easy
    Refrigerator

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'll as Katie about a quote. She's working up a couple options for me. Thanks for the hint. Any other suggestions? I went with the FOX RLC and the King inset, Magura MT6 brakes and the rest is XX.

Mudder
    I love my fox, and king headset is the only way to go. I actually had a lot of problems with my xx (went through 4 rear derailleurs in one season) so I recently switched to shimano xtr/xt setup and loving it. Heard a lot of good things about those brakes though as well. I would steer clear of pressfit 30, known for creaking all the time. Threaded is what I will always run. I think on my next frame I will go with the tapered headtube.
    Haikus are easy
    Refrigerator

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Yeah, I've had problems with the creaking in the past. Anyway, I'm really anxious to see how it all turns out. I had been talking to Strong, and he seemed great too, but 5.5 months is a long time to wait. 8-10 weeks is going to be hard enough. I think I definitely made the right decision. If you have any more insight, let me know. I appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    By the way, what was the issue with the rear derailleur?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glove650B View Post
    I'll have some pics in a couple months. I just put my deposit down on Friday. I had been thinking about buying for a while then saw two at a WORS race (Battle of Camrock) and another down here in IL at Palos the following weekend...figured it was meant to be. Have enjoyed reading the thread and checking out the pics, keep 'em comin'...
    Was the Eriksen at Palos ridden by a girl Glove? If so I know her. The bike looks great in person. Looking forward to seeing out there next season when the trails open again!
    2009 Gt Peace 9'R SS
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    1997 GT Zaskar
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn SS

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    No, it was a guy named Don...nice guy. He was a big Eriksen fan. He was on a 650B that he said was his second Eriksen.

mtbr member
    By the way, what was the issue with the rear derailleur?
    The XX RD issue is in the bottom pulley. I've had the same issue and am on my 3rd one this year. The problem is that the chain seems to fall off the gear and get wedged into the cage, forcing you to waste precious time to get off and pull it out. By the way, I may have been one of those Eriksens that you saw at Camrock. But there were I think 4 of us there that day. We have a team in Wisconsin with 8 or 9 Eriksen owners as slalomnorth had already pointed out. Come talk to us and show off your new ride this summer. We plan to make a presence at all of the WORS races and a few others this summer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    No, it was a guy named Don...nice guy. He was a big Eriksen fan. He was on a 650B that he said was his second Eriksen.
    Not sure if I have ever met Don. I'll have to keep my eye out for him next year. If you ever see a girl, Deanna on an Eriksen say hi. She is a really fun person to ride with.
    2009 Gt Peace 9'R SS
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    1997 GT Zaskar
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn SS

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast