Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dude, NJ I'm diggin the pink. I noticed you had him build the SS with the brazeons for gears. Probably a smart move for such an expensive frame. Although it would still look pretty badass without them and a smooth frame. Is that a salsa fork? You got the through axle too. How do you like that? I took mine out today for the first real trail ride and I was amazed. Such a nice ride

mtbr member
    It used to be my geared bike and single speed. I got tired of swapping parts all the time. Nope no salsa fork here, its a Quiring Cycles fork. The Through axle is nice stiffens up the fork nicely, but the bolts on the bottom of the fork are a pain in the butt. I'm having Scott Quiring build me another for the geared bike too. I love the rigid fork! Both bikes are smooth as can be.

So really how was the first ride out on the bike? Every thing you wanted?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by njbiker66
    It used to be my geared bike and single speed. I got tired of swapping parts all the time. Nope no salsa fork here, its a Quiring Cycles fork. The Through axle is nice stiffens up the fork nicely, but the bolts on the bottom of the fork are a pain in the butt. I'm having Scott Quiring build me another for the geared bike too. I love the rigid fork! Both bikes are smooth as can be.

So really how was the first ride out on the bike? Every thing you wanted?

Oh my god. I felt so out of shape but the bike made me feel like I could still ride. This is my first 29er, so that added to the enjoyment. Also I haven't had a hardball in almost four years. It felt so good to connect to my bike again. I do not miss a 26 inch FS carbon bike at all. This is everything I ever wanted from a bike. I can't wait to race her. The Chris King hub are starting to break in, so the noise was cool. I kept looking over my shoulder to see if my buddy was on my tail because the sound was coming up on me. But sadly he was way behind, stuck on his old 26in Trek. His Eriksen frame is being delivered tomorrow, so it won't happen again

mtbr member
    Ah nothen wrong with beating up on your buddies with a nice new ride! King Hubs are awesome. I tried other hubs, but its just not the same. I guess every ones getting Eriksen's this year.
    Last edited by njbiker66; 04-12-2011 at 04:33 PM.

mtbr member
    I would love to have set of these bad boys. Hope Tech M4 special edition brakes. At $350 per wheel I think not!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kent ERIKSEN frames-hope-tech-black-series-028726_-2-.jpg  

mtbr member
    I would love to have set of these bad boys. Hope Tech M4 special edition brakes. At $350 per wheel I think not!

Those would look great on my bike. Except I think the green is a bit too limey. If it were darker it would look perfect with the Chris King green

Fueled by Tigerblood
    hell yeah, I'll have a set of hope race x2's on my bike pretty soon, I think I'm going to have to buy a set of bb7's to ride until i can get the rest of the money i need though.

mtbr member
    hey mtnbikecrazy55, any more pictures yet of the new bike built yet? I'm really liking the mango.

mtbr member
    hey mtnbikecrazy55, any more pictures yet of the new bike built yet? I'm really liking the mango.
    OH I'VE SEEN THEM!!!

But seriously, Dude's got no brakes, no seatpost collar and a tank of a fork

mtbr member
    Sorry for these late pictures. I'm having too much fun riding her that I couldn't find the chance to clean her up for some pics. Well here she is after a bike wash. Too bad she'll all be dusty and dirty again tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Wow That's stupid Light!!!

It looks very clean and simple with with no colors just black and sliver. Congrats

Fueled by Tigerblood
    Impressive! Great to see you can get reasonably light with ti :-D
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

mtbr member
    Wow That's stupid Light!!!

It looks very clean and simple with with no colors just black and sliver. Congrats
    Seriously, that is ridiculously light!! I don't know if I've seen a full suspension bike that light before. I remember about 2 years ago seeing Jesse Lalonde racing a prototype superfly SS with a prototype carbon rigid fork and a belt drive weighing about that much. Everyone was stunned that his mtn bike was in the 18lbs range. Now you have it with FS?! Crazy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisgarages
    Sorry for these late pictures. I'm having too much fun riding her that I couldn't find the chance to clean her up for some pics. Well here she is after a bike wash. Too bad she'll all be dusty and dirty again tomorrow.

where did you get the 10 speed gripshift!?!?

mtbr member
    Thank you guys! I can actually still go lighter in the 17.5lbs range by going with road cogs, or a 1x9 setup, a DT SWISS carbon shock (like the one I have on my old ASR) or with road-tires-pretending-to-be-made-for-mtb like Furious Freds or those paper thin Maxxis but I'd lose the functionality and trail worthiness of the bike. This is my only bike and I plan to use it as a regular ride and not just for races. I do know the limits though so no 4ft drops or anything crazy. I weigh around 165lbs with complete gear so I make sure the parts I get has a rider weight limit of at least 190lbs. Ridgerikssen, that's not a 10speed gripshift. Its a 9. I run a 2x9 setup.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    What type of wheels are those?

Best, John

mtbr member
    ZTR Alpine Rims, Super Sapim spokes, Tune Kong Superchraft rear, and Princess skyline front.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Nice.

Best, John

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Mmmm.....

OK, so I worked in Laramie and Cheyenne, WY the last couple of days. I spoke with the good folks at Eriksen in the week or so leading up to this trip to see if was possible to take a detour down through Steamboat on the way home to pick up my goodies. They said good to go.

Stopped by the Eriksen shop about three hours ago and picked up my 29er HT frame, Sweetpost and bars. #606. Didn't make it all the way home so I am doing some drooling in the hotel room. I could not be more pleased with the final product, just f'n gorgeous. Met a good chunk of the Eriksen crew and they could not have been more friendly. Many thanks to a great company. I'll see if I can figure out how to load some pics from my cell phone. Now if the snow would just melt at home....

mtbr member
    Just wondering...is the serial number that Kent uses corresponds to the number of bikes he's built? Like mine is #569 so does that mean its the 569th bike he's built or sold for a customer? If that would be the case, I wonder who has #001 or even #005 or some of the early ones. It would be cool to see the first few KE frames so we can see if there has been any changes to his works.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    should.

mtbr member
    I think Banks has one or two of his older ones like under 100.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    eriksen #599

ventana FS with tapered ZS head tube, reba u-turn pushed, rp23 rear shock pushed, i9 wheels with stans flows, xtr parts, formula the one brakes, cane creek angle set, moots bars, titec ti stem, wtb saddle, ergon grips, eriksen post, candy 4ti pedals, schwalbe rocket ron & racing ralph tubeless, king cage. about 27lbs. / 12.3kg / L/XL frame only 2850g.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-1.jpg  

Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-2.jpg  

Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-3.jpg  

Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-4.jpg  

Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-5.jpg  

Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-6.jpg  

Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-7.jpg  

Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-8.jpg  

Kent ERIKSEN frames-ke-9.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Those last two are stunning...the ASR and the Ventana ones...

I would so much rather one of these works of art than the swoopy composite bikes that everyone is swooning over these days. I have to believe a good Ti bike will last a lot longer too.
    whatever...

mtbr member
    That tapered headtube looks pretty cool but weird all in one. Kent is probably the only one who can make that look cool with those perfect welds.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast