mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Just modded my CUBE Fritzz 'The One'

Just Finished my new mods......(Bike content)

Well...just finished modding my 4 month old CUBE fritzz 'The One'

Decided i wanted to go single speed as the majority of my cycling is downhilling and i have only ever needed to use the granny ring once or twice...so i got my wallet out... my bits consist of..

Chris King Bottom bracket (well external cups anyways)
    Blackspire DSX C4 SingleSpeed chainguard, roller and bash ring
    DMR saturn 38T chainring
    oh and my Fox DHX air 5.0 (09 edition) turned up!

all bits bolted on and removed (front mech and lever), and jsut come back from a test ride and WOW, i thought my drivetrain was silky smooth before but now its like riding on air...... the Chris King BB is a noticeable difference over the standard XT cups (i guess thats why its so fecking expensive) and the shock it amazing... ive already spend over an hour adjusting it... but i feel a trip to swinley on monday should help me dial it in a bit more...

Gratuitous pictures can be seen here http://gallery.mac.com/zippster#1004...=mosaic&sel=27 (the last ones added have the new shiney bits)
    Overall chuffed..and thought id share..off for a ride now
    Last edited by zippster; 04-12-2009 at 07:10 AM.
    08 CUBE Fritzz 'The One' aka 'Fritzzie'
    http://gallery.mac.com/zippster#1004...w=mosaic&sel=0

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Dhx 09

Hi,

Just want to say nice bike, love the fritzz i got one the same as yours apart from the bling chain you got ! See your DHX air 5.0 arrived acording to you post. Just wanting to ask hows it worked out for you ? It fit the frame ok (did you have to put the piggy back chamber at the bottom faceing the front end of the frame) ? Also do you notice it adding alot more big hit capability ? Any pics you could post man would be great.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    hey dude and thanks, dhx 5 is awsome, much better for handling jumps and super slick, big hits dont kick me up the Ar$e anymore (or bottom out).

plenty more pics on my gallery (follow original link) although i have switched to a GAMUT chainguide and e13 36T chainring now...

Cheers

Andy..
    08 CUBE Fritzz 'The One' aka 'Fritzzie'
    http://gallery.mac.com/zippster#1004...w=mosaic&sel=0

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Help on Cube Fritzz required

Hi
    I just saw some pics of your Cube Fritzz and I was wondering if you could help me out.

I have just bought a Cube Fritzz frame just like yours via the internet and have started putting it together. I have run into 2 snags and cannot figure it out.
    First one has to do with the front derailleur - When the chainstay if 3/4 compressed, the movement of the derailleur (part where the cable is fixed to) hits against the frame. This should not be happening right?
    Is it possible to send to me some close up pictures of your setup. The pics should be taken from the left hand side of the bike looking at the Derailleur, to clearly show the distance in height between the movement and frame. I am using the recomended XT FD 770 Type-E Derailleur.

Second problem: Active links - They seem to be bent / shifted to the left. I wold really appreciate it if you can again send to me some pics taken from the rear of your bike focusing on the active link area. I can have a stronger case in my claim of course if they are bent.

I am writing to you from Portugal and as there is no representative of Cube here, I need all the help I can get.

Best Regards
    Andreas

PS awesome pics your rig

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Sweet mods, fritzz looks great and if this improves the ride then all good. Something I am looking to do to my 08 fritzz and
    wondered if this was quite a straightforward change of components?
    also...approx what travel does the DHX 5.0 shock give you and how does it not change the geometry of the bike if it is longer travel than the original 165mm from the rp23?
    Cheers
    Linden
    Last edited by linden78; 11-02-2009 at 01:11 PM.

mtbr member
    by single speed do you mean single ring up front ? didnt see a picture of it set up as a single speed ......