Thread: Jericho Payback

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Jericho Payback

Just posting a pictures of this very rare gem of a bike just because I could never find them when I was looking. One of the threads suggested Josh only made 5 in the glow paint but "bones" has one on this site... Interesting that there were two logos Jericho used on his bikes. This is the more elaborate panel, although it is missing the seat tube panel. I am the second owner and the first owner said he got the bike right from Josh at the Sea Otter in 2002 (?). I found pictures from the event of the bike on its "birthday". So glad I found it!

Foco tubes. Custom Jericho embossed dropouts. SS cable guides. Brass head badge. Brazed seat collar and head tube.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feeling a little taller
    Wow! Someone took really great care of that bike. The headbadge is untarnished!

Too bad about the missing seat tube decal. They're long gone.

I'm sure Josh will be thrilled to know that you're as stoked with that bike as most of us who have had the pleasure of riding Jericho frames are.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

I give it a 9.5

The previous owner built the baike as a SS so there was no damage from chain slap/suck. There is some very minor wear from cable rub. When I got the bike, I rubbed out the frame, polished the head badge and cleaned the decale edges as best I could.

There are a few very small marks but you have to look for them. I taped off key areas that would likely get scratched. If the story about Sea Otter is true, the bike never got a seat panel sticker. It also lacks the Columbus Foco sticker. The only bummer is a small scratch on the DT from where a fork hit (previous owner). My fork top on the right leg will (barely) hit if I spun the bars in a crash. I got a 5mm high crown race from KING to give me the clearance but I have never installed it. I cut the fork short so I would loose the spacer above the headset if I put the tall race in.

I just told myself never to crash, made a sign of the cross and then put some clear rubber stickers to cover me in case of an aaccicental touch. Wish me luck.

Feeling a little taller
    A SS without the EBB? Must have had a magic ratio.

Good luck!

BTW, at least one of the glow-in-the-dark frames was destroyed in a crash or damaged in shipping. I don't remember the exact cause of its demise but I was certainly sad to see a crumpled frame.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Sorry thats horrible.Give it to me and i will get rid of it for you.