mtbr member

Info on my Sampson Ti mountainbike hardtail

I bought the bike off of a guy while stationed overseas. It's a hard tail and it has a Judy SL fork on it. I've been looking for information on it so I can do some things to it but no luck. That company, I beleive is just making road frames now. Anyways, I love the bike and have put alot of miles on it. It is light and I want to keep it that way. It has only ti and carbon parts on it. Been looking for new forks for it but not sure on what size the head tube is. I like the weight of the Judy and Im thinking of getting it rebuilt with springs. Also interested in maybe putting disks on it though the tail does not have any brake tabs. Maybe turn it into single speed? Not sure what year it is either. Taking suggestions on what to do with it. I have my Epic still to ride so no rush, just want to treat it good as it is a good frame!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Post this in the 'Bikes and Frames' forum,there's a lot more traffic so more people will see it and maybe be able to help you.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I thought about that after I posted the question. Anyways, I contacted Sampson Bikes in Colorado and he said that they did make it for a short period of time. They only make road bikes now. But, at least I know where it cam from and he said it was a good frame for the time. Going to keep it and put upgrades on it. Trying to decide if I want to make it a single speed now! I live in New Orleans so there is no mountains! LOL