Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Hope Independent Fabrications 29er

Any of you guys riding an Independent Fabrications Deluxe 29er? I have had a crown jewel for 9 years and it's still my fave bike. Now I'm in the market for an Independent Fabrications 29er. Should I spend the Extra Money of just go with a Niner Sir9 or MCR9?
    SF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Independent Fabrications 29er-img00932.jpg  

Who cares how much gas you save, ride your bike to work because it's fun!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have a 26'er deluxe. It is as good as it gets. I am sure the 29'ers are just as good.

Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Upset

You gonna let me see it or am I gonna have to suffer?

underachiever
    I have a 26" 2009 IF Deluxe, and think you'll do well going with them for a 29er. Although, if I had to do it all over again, I'd go with Circle A. They're a much smaller operation and you might get the same feeling of when you bought your IF CJ.

Here's mine when I first built it (vintage build):

Attachment 491191

Here it is in the current configuration (1x8):

Attachment 491192
    Last edited by misterdangerpants; 12-23-2011 at 04:55 AM.

Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Hope

That is the same color as the front side of my Jewel. Freakin Beautiful. Ya Know growing up in L.A and now in Phoenix I've taken a little flack with my Bostonain taste in Samual Adams and My IF. Now I may just have to do it again in 29er format. Nine years latter My CJ is still perfect (Scratched up a tab but Bad Ass) You guys in Somerville really know your ART, Beer and Bikes.
    SF

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hi all ! I have 2 IF titanium deluxe 29er's.......very nice ride quality from both...will post pics when I get back in town....brad

Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Hope

Quote Originally Posted by ibis26
    Hi all ! I have 2 IF titanium deluxe 29er's.......very nice ride quality from both...will post pics when I get back in town....brad
    Please do

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

You...

know that you want the custom IF goodness, and that you will not be satisfied long term if you go with an off the shelf stock frame. Go ahead and get the IF 29er, and build it up with your dream components. Life is too short to settle for less.
    Do not forget to post the bike here and in the 29er forums when your done, people will love to see it.

mtbr member
    The no-brainer store called, they want their question back.

Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Hope Thinking about builing a 29 from the balence of these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by barrows
    know that you want the custom IF goodness, and that you will not be satisfied long term if you go with an off the shelf stock frame. Go ahead and get the IF 29er, and build it up with your dream components. Life is too short to settle for less.
    Do not forget to post the bike here and in the 29er forums when your done, people will love to see it.
    I will if I can. I might part out the bike in the picture, sell this frame and fork and have some 29in hoops built around those hubs. What do you guys think, I'm not a full suspension guy and got some great parts on this puppy.
    Steel Freak
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Independent Fabrications 29er-moment%40verdugo-peak.jpg  

You wanna go ridin?
    Dude Indy Fab 29er all the way. About as good as it gets and you know it buddy

Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Good job! After all these years

Quote Originally Posted by moishlashen
    Dude Indy Fab 29er all the way. About as good as it gets and you know it buddy
    The Crown Jewel get's ridden the most. There is just somethin special about a bike made just for you.

holding back the darkness
    I too am about to pull the trigger on a Deluxe 29er.
    I got the geo from IF today and I like what I see.
    Wish me luck (any last words to sway me from dropping HUGE coin on one?).
    **** censorship

Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Hope

Pull the trigger, if you don't mind my asking do they ask more for 29er?
    Steel Freak

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    i have a indyfab delux 29er. u can see the pic on ifrider.com on the 3rd page listed as "green delux w/crowns, 08 from Ca. posted 3-17-08." i have ridden specialized, giant, trek, cannondale, and khs 26" hardtails. the IF is the best hardtail i have ridden. it feel like i have about 1-2 inches of rear suspension . i have taken it to Tahoe, Moab, Mammoth Lakes, and all over So. Cal. the trails i avoid (especially downhill:eek) would be Mr Toad's wildride in Tahoe, the Portal Trail in Moab, Procupine Rim to Jackass Canyon in Moab, etc. i usually leave the indy Fab at home and take my ellsworth epiphany. it would be a shame if i put a scratch on the IndyFab.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrantGorgon
    The no-brainer store called, they want their question back.
    That bike looks great - what brand and size is that seatpost?

mtbr member
    I can't speak to their 29ers but if this count for anything their 26" bikes are out of this world. I have no reason to think that their 29ers would be any different. In the group I ride with we have a total of four. All 26ers. One from the early years w/ a 1" head tube, 2.5" travel fork and v-brakes, a newer style fully rigid geared, a single speed hardtail w/ EBB, and my hardtail, fully geared and 100mm fork. Each bike rides different but the same too. You can throw a leg over any one of them, be completely comfortable and just rip single track. I've always said that my '96ish Yo Eddy was the best riding bike I ever owned and an IF Deluxe is the closest thing to it I've found. All that being said, I wouldn't hesitate a single second to buy a frame from Independent Fabrications.
    Last edited by shanem; 10-30-2009 at 09:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonH
    That bike looks great - what brand and size is that seatpost?

http://www.kenteriksen.com/comp_seatpost.html

27.2 with a shim. Works great, I called IF before I purchased to make sure it would work. Dude said most of the guys there use them.

Just bought another one for my ss build I am in the middle of. Lot of money for a post but posts and stems are not to be skimped on.

SS or Die
    Dont have any pics of just the bike Im sorry but I have been riding this Indy Fab Deluxe 29er for nearly 4 years now and still lovin it!

Frame weighed in at 2.2kg for a medium size which was a little on the heavier side but it rides way better than a noodly Niner MCR.

Total build weight is 10.5kg with Lefty Speed SL up front. It is currently running an Exotic Carbon Rigid whilst the Lefty goes in for some maintenance.

It has been a really nice bike that I will cherish for many years yet. You wont be dissapointed if you go down this road.
    Independent Fabrications 29er-hi_sa-1356-%5B1280x768%5D.jpg
    "Be the Gear..."

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

my new one...

my old one.

mtbr member
    You can get some more info' if you post your question or do a search in the 29er' forum, you can not go wrong with IF as well as some other options, all question of budget, needs and personal prefereces.