mtbr member
    Jul 2012

I hate you, head tube

so i have been searching for a couple of days now, tried seeing if i could call the manufac., and went to a couple of bike shops to see what size headset fits my orbea sport frame. I am getting so frustrated with the fact that no one can help me and I just want to ride my bike. Does anyone here know about orbea bikes? please lend a helping hand...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    this doesnt really help without any type of explanation...

mtbr member
    You could dismantle the bike, removing fork and bars, to remove the headset.
    Its not a time consuming job and you have to do this anyway to fit a replacement headset.
    If you cannot get the info you are looking for, what option do you have?
    This is a Framebuilding Forum, having knowledge of frame construction, not what is coming out of factories and can advise on there many models. This is a question for a LBS who sells your bike.

Eric
    If I don't make an attempt, how will I know if it will work?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    There's basicly 4 that fits. 1 1/8 standard, 1 1/8 inset/zerostack, 1.5 oversize, 1 1/8 top with 1.5 bottom tapered.
    Just by glancing at their prebuilt bikes, it looks to be 1 1/8 inset/zerostack.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    its not being replaced. i have a bare frame and have bought two headset already that dont fit. also i know for a fact its not a bottom tapered, 1 and 1/8 standard, or a 1.5 oversize. but from what ive searched there are many different types of other 1 1/8 headsets...is there something i need to search for more specifically? I meandsured the head tube and its 2in OD and 1.75 ID...

Who turned out the lights
    Do they not list anything on the Orbea website stating what kind of headset the frame uses?

Going Here:
    http://www.orbea.com/us-us/bicis/mod...pecificaciones

I see that the 2012 G10 uses a 1 1/8 semi-integrated, which would then allow me to purchase the correct Cane Creek headset.

You haven't listed what frame you have, etc. You should also look on their website to find a local dealer, who should be able to give you advice also.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    For intents and purpose the measurements are roughly:
    ~1.75 = 44mm = 1 1/8 zerostack
    2in = ~50mm

1 1/8 zerostack is for a 1 1/8 fork, but the whole cup/bearing sits inside the head tube.

Check out the Zero Stack or "Low Profile" section.

www.cyclingnews.com news and analysis

semi-integrated=zerostack=inset
    Last edited by the-one1; 07-16-2012 at 11:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    All my frame says is that it's an orbea sport...so I will prolly be needing a semi integrated 44mm...