mtbr member

How do you remove the rear shock on a F5?

I need to send in my FOX DHX 5.0 for repair and I am able to unbolt the lower part of the shock that bolts to the rocker set up, but how do you disconnect the upper mount that connects to the frame? After removing the bolts (left & right) it seems loose but will not slide out...it there a pin that goes through left to right or something I missed, don't know what to do....

***Also on a side note does anyone have any experience with PUSH? Thinking of sending in the shock to them instead of FOX...How well does a PUSHed shock work is it really worth it? I used to ride nothing but Rocco's and this is my first FOX (came with the bike) so far not real impressed and it did'nt last very long either***

There is slop in the first 1/2 inch of travel (you can move the suspension up and down with no resistance seems to have a dead spot) and it's making a oil squeeking sucking sound with a faint clank when you push on the seat with your hand.
    Last edited by markskee; 12-07-2008 at 06:56 PM.

mtbr member
    I guess no one has ever removed a rear shock from an F5?

mtbr member
    Try leaving one of the upper bolts in and tapping it to help slide the pin out. Helps if the shock is unweighted.

mtbr member
    Thanks man I will give it a try.

Flying Goat
    i dunno, never tried taking mine out before... Call Walter or Darren up at Chumba... they'll have an answer...

ride hard take risks
    The DHX is a sweet shock bummer your having problems with it. Could be the side plates pinching the shock bushing between them, rock the shock side to side while pulling out.

Check out Dirtlabs they are new breaking into the suspension custom set up market but the owner/tec has worked under the developer of RS and Maverick.

http://www.dirtlabs.com/

Are you sure the preload adjuster is not backed to far off?
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    The DHX is a sweet shock bummer your having problems with it. Could be the side plates pinching the shock bushing between them, rock the shock side to side while pulling out.

Check out Dirtlabs they are new breaking into the suspension custom set up market but the owner/tec has worked under the developer of RS and Maverick.

http://www.dirtlabs.com/

Are you sure the preload adjuster is not backed to far off?

Yup pre-load is cool I think it's just time for a rebuild or a replacement with a rocco. I am from AZ and if a part is going to break or fail it's going to happen out here for shure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Push does awesome work! Expensive, but if you want the best. Also, at the moment they have no lead time with regards to repair and are offering free return shipping. Will also custom tune your shock to your weight and riding style