Thread: Form Cycles

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Form Cycles

I've been in discussion with Daryl at Form and I'll tell you that these guys know how to build frames. I'm in for a 29er Prevail Lefty headtube singlespeed/geared(sliders) double butted permanent decal frame. Excited is a understatement. 3-4 weeks and it will be in my garage.

gearhead
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jbbikerider
    I've been in discussion with Daryl at Form and I'll tell you that these guys know how to build frames. I'm in for a 29er Prevail Lefty headtube singlespeed/geared(sliders) double butted permanent decal frame. Excited is a understatement. 3-4 weeks and it will be in my garage.
    Jack,
    You're gonna love it. Daryl's great to work with. The only way to sweeten the deal is to pick it up in Sedona and test it out on the trails there.

Post some pics when you get it. Am eager to see the result as your previous bikes have been similarly proper.

Richard

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks Richard. I'm really excited as I should be getting a email with pictures any day.

mtbr member
    Did you get your bike yet?

Daryl is super awesome to work with and you will have an awesome bike when it comes!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    Did you get your bike yet?

Daryl is super awesome to work with and you will have an awesome bike when it comes!!
    UPS should be dropping it off today. Can't wait to see it live and in person. Yep they've been top notch in their communications and lead times.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Unwrapped the frame last night and at first glance the workmanship is top quality. Moots like welds, perfect finish and the attention to detail is top notch. I'll post some pics this weekend.

mtbr member

Is this your Form

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TiCutter
    Yes

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbbikerider
    Yes
    Wow...beautiful! What did it come in at weight wise?
    What are they charging for a frame? Is yours custom or did you go with their stock geom?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH
    Wow...beautiful! What did it come in at weight wise?
    What are they charging for a frame? Is yours custom or did you go with their stock geom?
    Thanks.

21.75 pounds as is. I have new rotors that will shave another 5 ozs off this weekend. I'm having a new wheelset built which should come in under 1400 grams along with going tubeless should bring it close to 20 pounds. It's the best climbing bike I've owned to date.

Stock medium geometery except Lefty head tube and sliders in the rear. Everthing else standard geometery.

Beer Me!
    My road bike is a Form, LOVE IT. 16.25 lbs of wonder! I hope to get enough pennies for a single speed from them soon. Highly recomended, Daryl knows his stuff with a focus on perfection.

Super nice bike by the way. Love the lefty.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian
    My road bike is a Form, LOVE IT. 16.25 lbs of wonder! I hope to get enough pennies for a single speed from them soon. Highly recomended, Daryl knows his stuff with a focus on perfection.

Super nice bike by the way. Love the lefty.
    Thanks for the kind words. Love to see some pics of the road bike if you have any to post.

Beer Me!
    Here is a pic of my Revel. BB30, a hair over 16lbs, awesome bike!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    The Prevail with the lefty and bb30 is next on my list, I've got a FORM Triad ti cross bike. Like its been said prior, these guys are great to work and know how to build a gorgeous frame.

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesinmud View Post
    The Prevail with the lefty and bb30 is next on my list, I've got a FORM Triad ti cross bike. Like its been said prior, these guys are great to work and know how to build a gorgeous frame.
    Any Pics? I have ridden one of their cross bikes and talk about a fun bike. Never jumped curbs so high in the drops before.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    Any Pics? I have ridden one of their cross bikes and talk about a fun bike. Never jumped curbs so high in the drops before.
    sorry no pics as the R-sys I was using were crap and the bike is without wheels. I'm going to put new wheels on this fall, but the build is SRAM RED with Edge bar, stem, post; TRP euro carbon brakes. I think it was 16lbs when it was built.

mtbr member

More FORM goodness/ Ti seatpost

mtbr member

mtbr member
    I want that.

Beer Me!
    Etching on that is beautiful. Solid work as always.