Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

First Glimpses of New XC Bike

As speculated, we have a new addition to our line-up set to debut at Interbike to fill the gap in our XC/Epic/Marathon type bikes.

This bike falls more in the XC category versus the AM/FR feel of our other bikes. The frame with shock weighs under 6 lbs. It is meant for somebody who wants a little less bike than the XCL and EVO offer - but still wants a bike that will be stiff, handles well, and feels plush.

It will also offer some new features as well - including a carbon rear end, asymmetrical chainstay yoke, butted hydroformed tubes, and anodized hardware. The price point will also be higher than the XCL and EVO - closer to $2,000.00.

Here is a sneak peek.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    What kind of travel does it have..? 4"?

mtbr member
    oh so nice.
    I like the ride anodized accents. Will they be standard?.
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Very nice!!!!

the train keeps rollin
    Wow, that's hawt! Even with a 50mm DH stem : }
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Good job!

Flying Goat
    ooooooo... thats hot!

ride hard take risks
    Love the ergonomically correct top tube for proper hand fit when lifting the bike over obstacles.

That is such a sweet suspension set up.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

BMJ
    "42 lbs and climbing!"

Nice!!!!

That is one SWEET lookin' Chumba!!!!!!

So, does this mean that the next generation of XCL's & EVO's are going to have some hydroforming as well? The new hardtail and this new XC-XCL kinda look like different bike lines.

the train keeps rollin
    How about some deets.

Rear Travel?

Angles?
    beaver hunt

wuss
    That looks really nice! Just got my xcl though, so I'm not intrested... (yeah right)

I love bike!
    That's HOTTTTTT!!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    me likes...

aka The Oxx
    WOW!!! that's gorgeous.. Is that the new XCL? Will it be avalible with out the carbon stays? Because Mongo no like carbon... It makes Mongo scared...

mtbr member
    Nice!

Compulsive Bike Builder

That decides it

I wasn't sure about goint to interbike before, that that cinches it, I am there this year.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member
    I'm surprised some pictures from Dirt Demo haven't shown up yet.

Anyways..I took this pic when I borrowed a prototype for a few days. No paint, ano or logos on it. This is a size L.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    nice one!

wuss
    It really does look good. How's the ride compared to a xcl?

mtbr member
    Nice! I'm wondering if they went with the 2.25 stroke shock or if it's an option like on the standard XCL. Also, what colors are available? I love the orange metallic of my current XCL but I'd go with white if it's available. The first pic shown with the black ano is too "Giant Trance" like for my tastes. I wonder if the anodized hardware will be available in other colors as well. A white frame with blue hardware and my blue Hope/ Stans wheelset would look awesome!

mtbr member
    I believe that is still a 7.875 x 2 shock. I'm not sure what kind of colors will be offered, but I think it looks rather striking in the "raw" form.

Compared to the XCL, it's just as stiff laterally. I was afraid the carbon might flex, but it holds up just fine. The carbon rear end seems to soak up some of the smaller vibrations too so the ride will feel is a little more "dampened" - although I'm not sure if that's a good word. Basically, you don't feel as much trail buzz, how's that?

Otherwise it's pretty much a lighter XCL. I believe all the angles and geometry are very similar, if not the same. I wouldn't want to take any big drops or jumps on this, but I'm led to believe it'll handle normal trail duty just fine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorep
    The first pic shown with the black ano is too "Giant Trance" like for my tastes.
    [SIZE=2]Strange how peoples aesthetical opinions of bikes differ, the second pic looks extraordinarily like a Titus ML to me and I donít see even a tiny resemblance of a Trance in either pic but it looks sweet all the same.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    My buddy has a matte black X2 and the finish plus the hydroformed tubes on the new XCL are similar. Definitely not comparing it to a Trance in any form other than that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubjay
    I believe that is still a 7.875 x 2 shock. I'm not sure what kind of colors will be offered, but I think it looks rather striking in the "raw" form.

Compared to the XCL, it's just as stiff laterally. I was afraid the carbon might flex, but it holds up just fine. The carbon rear end seems to soak up some of the smaller vibrations too so the ride will feel is a little more "dampened" - although I'm not sure if that's a good word. Basically, you don't feel as much trail buzz, how's that?

Otherwise it's pretty much a lighter XCL. I believe all the angles and geometry are very similar, if not the same. I wouldn't want to take any big drops or jumps on this, but I'm led to believe it'll handle normal trail duty just fine.
    No "damped" makes perfect sense to me. Funny how the "en" always get thrown in there though. Like how "damping" gets referred to as "dampening" although it's incorrect suspension lingo. Sorry, I'm a moto geek so please forgive me.

The rest of your info is great news. I was expecting more of a Yeti 575/SC BLT-2 fighter with this design. Lighter weight and an increase in travel was what I was hoping for. Either way it's going to stack up well against the competition.

Flying Goat
    Quote Originally Posted by dubjay
    I'm surprised some pictures from Dirt Demo haven't shown up yet.

Anyways..I took this pic when I borrowed a prototype for a few days. No paint, ano or logos on it. This is a size L.
    wow... that looks so sick!!! love the red shock bolts too... Bet she would shred some 4X and DS nicely as well... Hmmmmmmm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast