Crawlin' like a Crawfish!

Fetish Cycles "Seduction"

Anyone out there riding one? If so, could you give me a review? I've been looking at one but have now way to see or test one without buying it.
    Fetish Cycles Seduction

ground hugger

ridefetish.com

I know it is a little like asking a used car salesman if he would buy this '78 chevette for his daughter to take to college, but I think these guys seem to be genuine.

That carbon fiber chainsay thing looks pretty cool.

tried the site

I checked out that site, (thanks!). But couldn't find any info about the Seduction. Seems their "forum" link doesn't exist so I couldn't leave a post.
    Thanks for the info.
    If anyone from ridefetish site is on here could you help me with info?

ground hugger

try calling the shop

I called the fetish guys (I guess that would make them gimps?) Re: seat tube, bottom bracket diameters etc. before I ordered my D&S. They seem to be a helpful and agreeable bunch. Maybe they can answer your questions. 480) 773-2351

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zoo00oom
    Anyone out there riding one? If so, could you give me a review? I've been looking at one but have now way to see or test one without buying it.
    Fetish Cycles Seduction
    I've been riding one for around about a month now (440 miles) and I have found it amazing. It feels very fast on climbs and decends wonderfully. My setup is:

2006 Manitou R Seven Super
    Manitou Radium RL rear shock
    Crank FSA Carbon Cranks
    Front Derailleur Shimano XT
    Rear Derailleur Shimano XTR
    Shift Lever Shimano XT 9-spd Dual Control
    Hubset Shimano XT Center Lock 32H
    Rims WTB Speed Disc Pro XC double wall 32H w/ eyelets
    Tires WTB Exiwolf Team XC 26 X 2.1 w/Folding Dual DNA
    Brakes Shimano XT hydraulic disc
    Brake Levers Shimano XT Dual Control
    Handlebar Truvativ Team CarbonTeam
    Stem Fetish Cycles Carbon
    Seatpost Use1 Alien Carbon
    Saddle Specialized Alias 143

The Fetish Cycles seat post that came with the bike was terrible, I upgraded to a Use1 Alien. My FC seat post died on it's first bike ride.

I've ridden the bike in California and Ireland (where the trails are a lot more techincal) and it's dealt with both conditions wonderfully. I even won my first race on it

chainstay protection

How did you protect the chainstay? That's the one question mark for me. Since it is magnesium wrapped with carbon fiber, it seems that any damage to the carbon fiber shell could really affect the performance.
    Any input on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks for you post!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    How did you protect the chainstay?
    I simply use a lizard skin over the drive train side and the other side is left naked. I haven't had any problems with it yet.

I have attached a photo of my bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    thanks for the review, I've been looking at these myself. Have you weighed it yet? it seems like it should be pretty light. I ride a specialized fsr xc and it's nice but way to heavy. Thanks bete

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by betexccomp
    thanks for the review, I've been looking at these myself. Have you weighed it yet? it seems like it should be pretty light. I ride a specialized fsr xc and it's nice but way to heavy. Thanks bete
    The bike currently weighs about 24 pounds. (Large frame with eggbeaters)

This bike is a different league from the fsr xc. It will handle all the downs better and go back up the hill like a hard tail. (My other bike is an M4 Stumpjumper Comp)

Racerboy Wannabe
    Jun 2005
    How did you protect the chainstay? That's the one question mark for me. Since it is magnesium wrapped with carbon fiber, it seems that any damage to the carbon fiber shell could really affect the performance.
    Any input on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks for you post!
    I was just in their shop over the weekend talking to them about this. They had one of their riders crack the carbon fiber on it so they decided to through it in the vice and see how hard it would be to break with the CF compromised. He said they played with it for "a long time" and couldn't break it.

I haven't ridden one of these yet, but it seems like it'd make a nice, stiff XC bike.
    Travis S - blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I was a little scared about taking the bike off drops so I basically only use it for racing and hill climb training. I get an Enduro for taking off jumps and drops.

I've still had no other problems with it.

The Use1 Alien seat post that I was using was so hard to have set right that I switched it out for a Thomson Elite. Not quite as cool looking but rock solid!