Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: fetish cycles

To legit to quit

fetish cycles

anyone out there ride a fetish cycles frame. if you do how do you have it setup? i just got one a couple months ago and i have not seen of heard of anyone else having or riding one.

I like Squishy Bikes

Alloy Nipples

He has a Fetish

Anyone try this bike rack?
    A dirty book is rarely dusty

To legit to quit

alloy nipples?

what about them?

mtbr member
    I think he is referring to an mtbr member whose name is "Alloy Nipples" and that this person has a Fetish bike.

Post some pics of your bike man. I am thinking about picking up a SS frame from them.

To legit to quit

Upset my fetish

my p.o.s. computer won't let me attatch images for some reason.

To legit to quit

pics

how the hell do you do this on here? it's totally different from anything i've had to use before.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Fetish Cycles..

I've got 2 of the Discipline hardtail frames, I bought one off of eBay, and I was happy enough with it to buy a second to build up as a loaner bike. I've definately been happy with them, I also ended up picking up one of their dirt jumping frames, I think they are tagged as "Obsession" now, and it's a great little park bike.. All told I generally only spent about $100-125/shipped for each frame, and they've been great. When they first were listing them(when I got the first), they were going for $69.99 as an opening bid, and even with $30 shipping it was still under $100..

I picked up a few deraileur hangers to have around in case, but as of yet havn't needed one.

To legit to quit

deraileur hanger

Quote Originally Posted by Density524
    I've got 2 of the Discipline hardtail frames, I bought one off of eBay, and I was happy enough with it to buy a second to build up as a loaner bike. I've definately been happy with them, I also ended up picking up one of their dirt jumping frames, I think they are tagged as "Obsession" now, and it's a great little park bike.. All told I generally only spent about $100-125/shipped for each frame, and they've been great. When they first were listing them(when I got the first), they were going for $69.99 as an opening bid, and even with $30 shipping it was still under $100..

I picked up a few deraileur hangers to have around in case, but as of yet havn't needed one.
    i bent mine on the second ride and can't for the life of me get a new one. i've called fetish and i've emailed them and the only responce i got took like 3 weeks and they said they were out but they would let me know when they had more. i have yet to hear back from them. i love the frame but what a $hit company, i must say they do a great job backing there product, NOT. how do you have your fetishs setup? i've only seen a couple and none were all that trick. mine will be a 24 pound xc rig when it's compete, it's around 26 now.

Kearsarge crawler
    My new Fetish ss will be ready in a couple of weeks. Yeti handle bar and seatpost, Truvative ss crankset, Spot hubs laced to xm819's, Avid Juicys. A surly rigid front fork, Selle Italia saddle, truvative stem. The remaining parts are a suprise to me as I told the LBS to make the choice of rear cog/freewheel and chain tensioner. The bottom bracket will be what ever he has in stock. I'll post pics when it arrives.

This bike will be my winter ride. Low maintenace and no shock to worry about, should be fun.
    Your bike can take you anywhere, anytime, over any terrain but, you have to force it to GK 2004. BB1, who started it?

To legit to quit

trust

Quote Originally Posted by minkhiller
    My new Fetish ss will be ready in a couple of weeks. Yeti handle bar and seatpost, Truvative ss crankset, Spot hubs laced to xm819's, Avid Juicys. A surly rigid front fork, Selle Italia saddle, truvative stem. The remaining parts are a suprise to me as I told the LBS to make the choice of rear cog/freewheel and chain tensioner. The bottom bracket will be what ever he has in stock. I'll post pics when it arrives.

This bike will be my winter ride. Low maintenace and no shock to worry about, should be fun.
    what a brave soul to trust your lbs. i do all my own work, if i can't do it i learn how.

Kearsarge crawler
    Quote Originally Posted by dansjustchillin
    what a brave soul to trust your lbs. i do all my own work, if i can't do it i learn how.
    You have had a problem with my LBS, I seriously doubt that.
    Your bike can take you anywhere, anytime, over any terrain but, you have to force it to GK 2004. BB1, who started it?

To legit to quit

depends

You have had a problem with my LBS, I seriously doubt that.
    that all depends on what your lbs is. personally i don't trust any of them. everyone i've ever been to would not think twice about getting every penny from me. there are plenty of shops around here that are owned by people with no intrest in bikes, but then again that's not what this thread is about now is it.

Kearsarge crawler
    that all depends on what your lbs is. personally i don't trust any of them. everyone i've ever been to would not think twice about getting every penny from me. there are plenty of shops around here that are owned by people with no intrest in bikes, but then again that's not what this thread is about now is it.
    You brought up the issue of trusting MY lbs now didn't you.

To legit to quit

yeah i did

why are you making a big deal out of nothing?

Kearsarge crawler
    Just to show you that I won't let you generalize all LBS's as the same. Maybe you don't have any reputable shop's, or so you think in Hayward, CA, or maybe it's your 19 year old attitude. What ever it maybe the shops are not all them same.

To legit to quit
    Just to show you that I won't let you generalize all LBS's as the same. Maybe you don't have any reputable shop's, or so you think in Hayward, CA, or maybe it's your 19 year old attitude. What ever it maybe the shops are not all them same.
    you know i don't have a problem telling anyone that hayward is infact a **** place to be but i thank you not to judge a person you know nothing about. i thought i made it clear that my opinion was based on what's around here which would imply that i could be wrong about your lbs, maybe they hook you up i don't know but you had to go to far and make it personal. i am not your average 19 year old so don't talk to me like i am.

Kearsarge crawler
    Ok, Danny.

To legit to quit

back to the topic at hand

Ok, Danny.
    how is their ss frame? the one i saw was basically a discipline with ss dropouts.

Kearsarge crawler
    how is their ss frame? the one i saw was basically a discipline with ss dropouts.
    Mine is a Discipline with vertical dropouts that will have a chain tensioner on the hanger.

To legit to quit

i thought about that

Mine is a Discipline with vertical dropouts that will have a chain tensioner on the hanger.
    i was thinking about doing that for a while or using a 12-24 road cassette with a single chainring up front. it ended up with a 12-32 and 44/32/22. i'll post the link to it on light-bikes.com when the pic comes up.

To legit to quit

here it is

a few more upgrades and she'll lose 2 pounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

To legit to quit

lets see what you got

post your fetishs up. lets check em out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Here is mine. Just done building it .Rides well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

To legit to quit

nice

Quote Originally Posted by slow SS
    Here is mine. Just done building it .Rides well.
    nice! seems like almost everyone sets their fetish up as a single speed, not that there's anything wrong with that it's just interesting. what about the frame is so apealing to the ss riders?

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004
    ..what about the frame is so apealing to the ss riders?
    I think it's the price. For just $99 on eBay you can get one of these frames and throw on some parts and presto...SS ride for less.

They do make a SS specific frame with horz rear dropouts, but those go for $150 on eBay.

Nice rides posted. I've thinking about getting one to build up as a fat tire commuter with 2.5 Hookworms and roadie drops or moustache bars.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast