Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

fetish cycles

93K views 339 replies 66 participants last post by  dansjustchillin 
#1 ·
anyone out there ride a fetish cycles frame. if you do how do you have it setup? i just got one a couple months ago and i have not seen of heard of anyone else having or riding one.

#128 ·
cjh_mtb said:
doh, I thought to myself he was talking about the disciple frame. thought we were comparing the hardtails.

the obsession frame is a :cool: concept... I wonder how it works out on the trail.
i've been doing a lot of trail riding (single speed, 32 x 18t) and as long as you dont have any steep climbs i've had no problems. I'm 5' 11" with the small frame...and mag 30s/nokian 2.5s...and a 6" sherman. Its lots of fun to struggle a little uphill, but everything is a blast downhill or in the rough stuff...or any time theres a moderate rock drop. hehe

Attachments

#133 ·
jroymcd said:
just got my discipline in today. it looks nice but, i should got a different color. mine came black anodized with no clear just stickers slapped on after the finish. anybody else get on like this? do the stickers stay on?
my 'black' fixation frame (its actually a dark blue, looks good though) has those decal things. Makes it look kind of cheap. :(

#137 · (Edited)
I'm going to have pictures here in a few days of mine after I put the finishing touches on the build. Here's the specs:

Frame: White Fetish Disipline
Fork: Marzocchi Marathon SL
Stem: Thompson Elite
Handlebars: FSA XC190
Grips: WTB
Headset: FSA Orbit X
Shifters: Shimano LX
Brake Levers: Shimano XT Hydraulic
Front Derailluer: Shimano XT
Rear Derailluer: Shimano XT
Brakes: Shimano 765 XT Hydraulic
Cranks: 2pc Shimano 765 XT
Chain: Shimano XTR
Seatpost: Thompson Elite
Seat: WTB Laser V Team
Rims: Mavic 819
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition
Hubs: Shimano XT centerlock
Cassette: Shimano XT

All parts are brand new, and never ridden. I will post pictures of it in all its beauty before I thrash it. :cool:

#142 ·
D&S Owners?

Hey D&S Model riders, what travel fork are you running?

I know the frame is designed around an 80mm travel fork, but I want more, I am thinking putting a 100mm fork.
If the steering feels too slow, I will reduce the travel to 90mm to see how she feels.

#143 ·
Ottoreni said:
Hey D&S Model riders, what travel fork are you running?

I know the frame is designed around an 80mm travel fork, but I want more, I am thinking putting a 100mm fork.
If the steering feels too slow, I will reduce the travel to 90mm to see how she feels.
I am still building mine up (actually waiting on the frame from Bargain Basement Bikes a'la ebay.) I am going to build it around 100mm fork from my old bike and a Cane Creek Thudbuster ST. I'll send pics when it's done with descriptions of the ride.

#144 ·
dansjustchillin said:
Yeah seems that way. i've gotten my discipline about as light as it's gonna get so it's time to upgrade to a D&S and i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go with a rigid fork. the D&S comes in a 17 like my fixation and i love the way my fixation feels with the surly instigator fork on it (447mm axle to crown) so i'm looking for a fork now too. the pace rc31 is lookin like the one i might get but i'm not sure it's gonna take my $hit.
Did you ever have a chance to build up the D&S?

#145 ·
Which D&S?

Just curious about which D&S frames you have. I have an older one with the solid white letters and it does not have the Zonal Tubing Decal.

Now I see the ones on Ebay have ornate lettering, but I have read that these just have a sticker that is not clear coated. Is this true?

I really would like to see one completely built up.

#146 ·
Ottoreni said:
Just curious about which D&S frames you have. I have an older one with the solid white letters and it does not have the Zonal Tubing Decal.

Now I see the ones on Ebay have ornate lettering, but I have read that these just have a sticker that is not clear coated. Is this true?

I really would like to see one completely built up.
That's funny, I was just on Ridefetish .com and my email booped with your message. I am still waiting on my frame ($200 on ebay new 05 purchased from desert bicycles) It does not have the fancy lettering but I think it has the columbus sticker.

I will post as my project goes along.

In the meantime check out some of the D&S bikes on ridefetish. (still don't think they can hang with Dan'sjustchillin as far as the custom make factor is concerned.

#147 ·
mizunole said:
Did you ever have a chance to build up the D&S?
not yet i'm lacking the funding for such things at the moment. when i do get the frame i'm gonna get a pace rc-31 on it at the same time. i put most of the stuff from my red discipline on my fixation so i'm gonna start from scratch when i finnally get to build a D&S. i think the end result will be good though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.