Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: fetish cycles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dansjustchillin
    i bent mine on the second ride and can't for the life of me get a new one. i've called fetish and i've emailed them and the only responce i got took like 3 weeks and they said they were out but they would let me know when they had more. i have yet to hear back from them. i love the frame but what a $hit company, i must say they do a great job backing there product, NOT. how do you have your fetishs setup? i've only seen a couple and none were all that trick. mine will be a 24 pound xc rig when it's compete, it's around 26 now.

I'm so sick of seeing those cheap ass bikes floating around. I saw a road frame in a shop and the thing was like a lead weight. I think there are better ways of getting frames then through them.

mtbr member

fetish update

[QUOTE=Stevirey]Ok,I got my Fetish frame off Ebay over a year ago.My current street ride is dying a slow death.Cracks in alu bottom bracket on old GT STS.There's alot of good newer stuff on it I want to use on the Fetish.The Sid World Cup would be cool,but the stearer is too short.And it's a carbon stearer,so one of those extenders is out.Because I'm going broke,(quit my job last Aug.)I'm thinking rigid fork. Just found a Surly fork that is compensated for bikes ment for 100 mm travel.Which the Fixation geo is ment for.Here's the wierd related story.I sold my friend a new set of Magura HS 33 brakes.I went to put them on.It's an '04 Rockhopper.I did the rear first.No problem.A few ale's latter I get to the front.WTF!
    It's a Manitou fork!I dunno.I can't deal with this now.Maybe the Evo adaptor?He say well,I'll get a new fork.He's broke too.So he got a Kona rigid fork.I let him use(I wanted to see and feel what it was like)a set of Holyrollers.Way cool.When I'm done I'll post a pic here.Should be finished in 2 weeks.Telling the wife it's for her.Should be sick with Hookworms on it!
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...21&category=85[/QUOTE
    Look at this!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    I'm selling the Sid Race Carbon from my old GT and getting this fork!I hope.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    where can I find a D&S frame for a reasonable price?

I ride bikes
    Apr 2006
    I'm currently riding on a D&S frame - it's an amazing bike - got the frame brand new for $250.

2006 D&S 19" frame
    Black 80/100 fork (soon to be upgraded)
    full XT drivetrain and hydro disc brakes except for LX crank
    XT hubs, Mavic XC717 wheels

[IMG][/IMG]

I may be building up a 2006 Giant Trance 2 frame with most of my components off the D&S- I'd like to keep the D&S frame though to have a hardtail as well. My Trance frame should arrive sometime this week as long as there isn't shipping delays thanks to TS Alberto....

mtbr member

WHat is your fork set at?

Fetish told me that the D&S was designed around an 80mm fork, but I just can't see going back to 80mm. I am building mine with a Vanilla set at 100mm.

If your Black is set at 100mm, how does it feel?

Thanks!
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

I ride bikes
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoreni
    Fetish told me that the D&S was designed around an 80mm fork, but I just can't see going back to 80mm. I am building mine with a Vanilla set at 100mm.

If your Black is set at 100mm, how does it feel?

Thanks!

I was under the impression that it was designed for a max of 100mm. The Black feels great at 100mm - when i set it at 80 the bike doesn't steer as well - the top tube becomes almost horizontal with the ground. I never run the Black in 80mm because it's not nearly enough travel. I've only set it there when I have to climb a really long hill and I'm tired after riding all day. Most D&S bikes I see are running a 100mm fork. 80mm these days is just not enough for me!

mtbr member

Fetish

Fetish with carbon fork.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I ride bikes
    Apr 2006
    Well i snapped my deraileur hanger today on my D&S. A stick got stuck and jammed my X.7 der which decided to break the hanger right off and also break my chain. The frame got a little torn up too around the hanger because it twisted around and lost some metal on the dropout as well.

Crawlin' like a Crawfish!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizunole
    Check out ridefetish for details...
    I couldn't find anything on that site about the d&s. Could you elaborate on what you read?
    Thanks

To legit to quit
    Any thoughts on where i might aquire a fetish carbon mtb fork with v-brake mounts and 9 inches of steerer for 26 inch wheels?
    MySpace.com/DansJustChillin
    MySpace.com/DirtyBobbysBikes

Crawlin' like a Crawfish!

Fetish forks

Quote Originally Posted by dansjustchillin
    Any thoughts on where i might aquire a fetish carbon mtb fork with v-brake mounts and 9 inches of steerer for 26 inch wheels?
    Dan, I found this site the other day. I'm not sure if they have exactly what your looking for but they seem to have quite a bit of Fetish stuff.
    cycleshed
    Hope it helps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    bulding me a Discipline!
    this is a commuter bike, btw. I commute 7 miles across a college town littered with bad pavement and beer bottles, so a typical skinny-tired commuter doesn't cut it. plus i like the fun factor of a little urban fun on the daily ride.
    planned parts spec:
    frame: Discipline 22"
    fork: Magura Vader
    brakes: Hope '07 minis
    crank: RF Atlas
    drivetrain: x0
    wheels: Cane Creek Chronos
    rubber: Kenda k-rad
    lighting: homebrew 25w & blinkies
    post/stem/bar/etc: thompson/kore/whatever comes my way.

I ride 14miles/day, 3500 miles/yr just commuting, plus about another 1000miles running errands, towing the kiddie trailer, etc. so i'm going for pretty bulletproof stuff.

got the Magura fork off evilbay, $140, very sweetly built, really looking forward to trying it.

i'll post pics when finished...

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    Just an update from my original post...almost 2 years ago.

My obsession is still kickin it. Have lots of downhill runs on it, street...park...casing dirtjumps. I'm amazed the frame held up all this time, largest drop being around 6-7 feet.

Vietnam memorial

my pumptrack

downhill @ highlands mtb park

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

We the people ...

sweet bikes, here is a quick pic of mine

Some specs:
    wtb wheels and tires 2.5
    sram shifters, derailers and chain
    rock shox
    race face crank, dh stem and bars
    avid mech disk brakes
    thompson elite seatpost

To legit to quit
    still looking for that carbon fork for this bad ass rig. .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MySpace.com/DansJustChillin
    MySpace.com/DirtyBobbysBikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Fetish Fixation

I've been riding my ***** bike for two years now. Mainly cross country single speed thru the snow and muck but it has raced in bmx cruiser class. It is a good frame, heavy but strong. I've busted 3 chains, tore a tire and warped a rim, but she has held together. Just added the discs three months ago, when dirt rag sent me a set of cane creek wheels.

She looks bad a$$ but doesn't ride mad.
    TOdd

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ttvrdik
    I've been riding my ***** bike for two years now. Mainly cross country single speed thru the snow and muck but it has raced in bmx cruiser class. It is a good frame, heavy but strong. I've busted 3 chains, tore a tire and warped a rim, but she has held together. Just added the discs three months ago, when dirt rag sent me a set of cane creek wheels.

She looks bad a$$ but doesn't ride mad.
    TOdd
    nice looking bike!

In the rear with the gear
    Is Fetish Cycles still in business?

Tried sending them a note today and it got kicked back. Just wondering. Awesome frames, I think I want a fixation.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

Also, if I were to get the fixation, and I am 6'2" tall, should I get the 19" or 21" frame? Probably going to start out as a single speed, with a 130mm fork. Will that work? I am coming off of a Giant AC, 19" with a 130 mm fork and I found that for XC, I really needed the seat post up high - so I wonder if I just answered my own question and probably should get a 21 incher?
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RemfSS
    Is Fetish Cycles still in business?

Tried sending them a note today and it got kicked back. Just wondering. Awesome frames, I think I want a fixation.
    They are still in business, you can get tem on ebay too, search for user bikingusa.

Even better

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fetish-Cycles-Fi...QQcmdZViewItem

I got my obsession from that seller

PPS. by the sounds of it, you will be better with a 21"

Brackish
    Check it out, this is my Obsession that I just finished last Saturday. Picked up the frame for $75 at the bike swap last February, and put it together a little bit at a time in the months since:

Quote Originally Posted by ttvrdik
    TOdd
    What does the bike weigh?
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

Quote Originally Posted by baddogg79
    PPS. by the sounds of it, you will be better with a 21"
    I think I am going to go with the 19" because while the 21" provides a longer cockpit and more seat tube, I don't want to be up so high when riding rollers and skinnies. I can always go with a longer a stem if I want a longer cockpit.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quick question, on my obession, what is the max travel recommended for the front fork? I think currently i got a 80mm, il have to double check. But i was thinking of having a 120 or 150. Would this be worth doing? TIA

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Fixation

The bike weighs 24.3 lbs.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast