Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: fetish cycles

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by minkhiller
    Has anyone else had a problem of the rear wheel not staying put in the dropouts of a Discipline frame? Mine is set up as a singlespeed and no matter how tight the skewer is the wheel moves and the tire rubs on the chain and seatstay.
    that's quite odd. i have never had that problem on a MTB. on bmx bikes that's a common thing, if you do away with some of the paint on the dropout where your wheels mounts that might do the trick. let me know what happens with that.

Kearsarge crawler
    Well it looks like the frame could not stand hard singlespeed climbs. It appears that the frame is tweaked and will not allow the wheel to go in and stay straight. I will get a second opinion but looks like this frame is ready for the recycle bin. No biggie, it was a gamble to buy a $100.00 frame in the first place.
    Your bike can take you anywhere, anytime, over any terrain but, you have to force it to GK 2004. BB1, who started it?

To legit to quit
    Well it looks like the frame could not stand hard singlespeed climbs. It appears that the frame is tweaked and will not allow the wheel to go in and stay straight. I will get a second opinion but looks like this frame is ready for the recycle bin. No biggie, it was a gamble to buy a $100.00 frame in the first place.
    i could believe that seeing how the discipline is not a single speed frame. this is what you need right here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kearsarge crawler
    Ahh......no thanks. I want a frame that will last more than 125 miles no matter what it is made for. I'm gonna get real and go steel.
    Your bike can take you anywhere, anytime, over any terrain but, you have to force it to GK 2004. BB1, who started it?

To legit to quit
    Ahh......no thanks. I want a frame that will last more than 125 miles no matter what it is made for. I'm gonna get real and go steel.
    funny my first discipline frame has more than 125 miles on it and i'm sure it's taken more abuse than your ss setup has and my frame is still straight. dunno what to tell you, i guess sometimes $hit just happens.

Kearsarge crawler
    Couldn't have said it better myself..."$hit happens". Abuse on the frame, not likely here in New England, we don't have any rocks or anything like that ....and it being fully rigid, no abuse on a frame there.

I think a steel frame will be much more forgiving in a rigid SS. I bought the Fetish knowing that it was my first SS and I didn't even know if the SS thing was going to be for me. Well I love it so a better frame would have been on the horizon at some point anyway so no biggie.

To legit to quit
    Couldn't have said it better myself..."$hit happens". Abuse on the frame, not likely here in New England, we don't have any rocks or anything like that ....and it being fully rigid, no abuse on a frame there.

I think a steel frame will be much more forgiving in a rigid SS. I bought the Fetish knowing that it was my first SS and I didn't even know if the SS thing was going to be for me. Well I love it so a better frame would have been on the horizon at some point anyway so no biggie.
    rocks and rigid forks are one thing, loading docks and stairs are another. i did alot of urban freeriding on the frame when i first got it. i think droping 6 feet to a flat with my fat @$$ on top of it is pretty abusive. i originally wanted a reynolds 853 frame when i was looking but then i saw the fetish frames and i had to pick one up. i liked it so much i bought 2 more and i'll probably buy 2 more after i finish building these up. hopefully this summer i'll build up one of their road frames and maybe and obsession. eventullaly i'll get around to building a steel tank of a bike, probably a surly instigator with instigator forks and profile ss cranks. can't go wrong with 4130 that $hit is tough as tough can be.

To legit to quit
    enough red?

:\ ping of death
    So, does anyone own a Fetish Obsession?

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by phoeneous
    So, does anyone own a Fetish Obsession?
    i will after i finish building my other discipline and fixation. i plan to pick up an obession a D&S and at least one of their roadie frames.

To legit to quit

enough red yet?

i'm working on getting a red stem at the moment. if only i could get red spokes.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dansjustchillin
    i'm working on getting a red stem at the moment. if only i could get red spokes.
    Wow...these are great looking bikes. Are they still available at low cost on Ebay? I have been checkng every once in awhile, but no luck..

mtbr member

just got one

i just got a discipline frame off ebay.(beautiful looking frame by the way) this is my first bike build. so far i have the frame a manitou black elite fork and xt shifters, derailers, and disc brakes. also a fsa pig headset. that took all of my income tax money so the rest of the build will go a little slower.

mtbr member

ebay

by the way if you are looking for one on ebay search for "f.c. frame" i just got mine about a week ago for $99 + shipping

mtbr member
    May 2004

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by boombastico
    by the way if you are looking for one on ebay search for "f.c. frame" i just got mine about a week ago for $99 + shipping

Thanks for the response. I guess I wasn't using the correct search criteria...Thanks for the tip!

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by signal
    Wow...these are great looking bikes. Are they still available at low cost on Ebay? I have been checkng every once in awhile, but no luck..
    thanks. look for f.c. on ebay they're not listed as fetish cycles. once i get my tax check i'm going for some red paul brakes, a new top chainring, al chainring bolts and any other red hardware i can find and last but not least i'm gonna pick up some candy ti egg beaters. not only are the candy ti's 100 grams lighter than the shimano 959s but they come in red too. i have more detailed pictures of my bikes at www.freewebs.com/dirtybobbysbikes , there are still more to come.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    thanks. look for f.c. on ebay they're not listed as fetish cycles. once i get my tax check i'm going for some red paul brakes, a new top chainring, al chainring bolts and any other red hardware i can find and last but not least i'm gonna pick up some candy ti egg beaters. not only are the candy ti's 100 grams lighter than the shimano 959s but they come in red too. i have more detailed pictures of my bikes at www.freewebs.com/dirtybobbysbikes , there are still more to come.
    Nice pics on you site. I am not normally a fan of red [i am kinda red looking myself], but after seeing yours, I went ahead and bid on a red 18' Discipline.

I might pick up one of each, D&S and Fixation as well...

To legit to quit
    Nice pics on you site. I am not normally a fan of red [i am kinda red looking myself], but after seeing yours, I went ahead and bid on a red 18' Discipline.

I might pick up one of each, D&S and Fixation as well...
    i hope to pick up a d&s and a obsession this summer and maybe a road frame as well depending on how things go. i think the sellers id is bikingusa or something like that, if you email her she will deal directly with you. on the red, i find myself going pretty far out of my way for red parts these days. it's gotta match.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Hey guys,
    I just got my fixation SS back from Fetish and I just want to say Kudo's to their company. I sent my frame back because the left seat stay was welded misaligned. They looked at the frame, noticed the problem and sent me a NEW frame no questions asked. They even installed my headset, BB, and the rear brakes ( V-brakes) on before they shipped the frame to me. If anyone is thinking about a bike from this company, you can't go wrong especially with the price. For a small company, they are stand up people and stand by their product. I built the bike back up today and give her a test ride around the drive way before coming to work. I'll try to post photo's and give you test ride udate next week.

Mcgruff

www.ntmba.org

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgruff
    Hey guys,
    I just got my fixation SS back from Fetish and I just want to say Kudo's to their company. I sent my frame back because the left seat stay was welded misaligned. They looked at the frame, noticed the problem and sent me a NEW frame no questions asked. They even installed my headset, BB, and the rear brakes ( V-brakes) on before they shipped the frame to me. If anyone is thinking about a bike from this company, you can't go wrong especially with the price. For a small company, they are stand up people and stand by their product. I built the bike back up today and give her a test ride around the drive way before coming to work. I'll try to post photo's and give you test ride udate next week.

Mcgruff

www.ntmba.org
    funny they never did send me the deraileur hanger i was bugging them about. i'll be going to my diamond back dealer for a replacement.

mtbr member

fetish cycles fan club

http://www.fetishcyclesfanclub.com/
    i just found this site i guess it is someone trying to start a fan club. it doesnt seem to be up and running yet but maybe if enough people e-mail eric@fetishcyclesfanclub.com. it might get started. might be cool.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i hope to pick up a d&s and a obsession this summer and maybe a road frame as well depending on how things go. i think the sellers id is bikingusa or something like that, if you email her she will deal directly with you. on the red, i find myself going pretty far out of my way for red parts these days. it's gotta match.
    My frame is due tomorrow! I am looking forward to building ut up this weekend.

mtbr member
    My frame is due tomorrow! I am looking forward to building ut up this weekend.
    what parts are you using to build it up. I am in the process of building a discipline so far i have manitou black elite fork, xt components, race face evolve handle bars, and grips.

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by boombastico
    what parts are you using to build it up. I am in the process of building a discipline so far i have manitou black elite fork, xt components, race face evolve handle bars, and grips.
    i'm still waiting for my tax return so i can pick up some candy ti egg beaters and a manitou skareb. use the old stuff for my old discipline.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

I used my tax return to buy my frame and fork and xt stuff. the rest of the bike i have to buy as I get the money, since I am working and going to school full time it may take a little while to get the rest bought, I hope to have it done by this summer. i am currenty riding a 6 yr old trek 820 so i can't wait to get my discipline done, it will be a definate improvement.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast