fetish cycles

Printable View

• 03-24-2010
    jscusmcvet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonkEP
    My experience with the discipline frame is that a 130mm fork turns it into a pretty nice trail-oriented hard tail.

Background: I was running a 100mm Marzocchi MX Pro and it was great for hard pack and occasional step-offs / rocks. On a whim (meaning I had it in my closet gathering dust) I installed a 130mm MX Comp. What a difference! The bike is much more confident when the terrain gets sketchy, it corners better (less twitchy) and I have no trouble keeping the front wheel planted when cranking uphill.

I live in the desert southwest and most of my trails are super rocky/steep/sandy (not to mention the constant threat of cactus). I ride pretty aggressively but I'd rather ride all day than look for a finish line.

As always, your mileage may vary. Frame is size M (16.5" center BB to Top of seat tube)

Thanks! Just exactly what I was looking for. I am the same, just love to ride, but not looking to finish "in the medals". Of course, no one is giving medals out when I am just out riding in the woods, so...

Thanks for posting the pic. Sweet bike.

John
  • 03-26-2010
    jscusmcvet
    Frame arrived today. Very nice. Light, nice welds, great color. Build begins in a few days.

:thumbsup:
  • 04-10-2010
    Elektrobot
    Anyone have some input on the Fetish Cycles "Sin" BMX 26" frame?

I've got a real itch to build one of these up super BMX style and relive my childhood while using it as a casual commuter.

http://www.fetishcycles.com/bmx/sin206/index.html

I have a feeling the "details coming soon" notice has been there for quite a long time.
  • 07-18-2010
    jscusmcvet
    OK! finally got this thing built. Real ife interfered and I had to put the build on the back burner. Used mostly used parts from my GT and my son's Trek 4300, as he outgrew it this past year. I went with the 100mm Manitou Black fork that I had on my GT. Coil sprung, absolutely reliable.

Did my first real ride on it today, about 2.5 hours worth in Uwharrie Nt'l Forest. This bike is very responsive without being twitchy, great climber, good on the downhills, especially for a bike with xc race type geometry. Seems to love small drops at speed and is easy to handle. Has me thinking about builing another one!

Props to Fetish. Hope they can hang in there and stick around.

John
  • 02-09-2012
    dansjustchillin
    Hey Fetish freaks! Who's still rockin a Fetish? I recently bought my 05 discipline back from the friend I sold it to and it's every bit as amazing as I remember it.
  • 02-09-2012
    jroymcd
    im looking for a Large Fetish frame now!!!!

anybody??????
  • 03-27-2012
    dansjustchillin
    So i'm in the process of repainting my Fixation frame, I have red parts. Thinking of going with a color called "Hosta green" Open to ideas. Thoughts?
  • 03-27-2012
    jroymcd
    Maybe look like a christmas tree?
  • 04-03-2012
    ncruz408
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dansjustchillin View Post
    So i'm in the process of repainting my Fixation frame, I have red parts. Thinking of going with a color called "Hosta green" Open to ideas. Thoughts?

I just picked up a fetish fixation at the bike swap meet recently @ Trailhead. I did some research and do not hear anything about them since they went under. Is it possible to post some pics and tell us more about your build? I am curious about the frame and was wondering if I blew my money away.
  • 04-03-2012
    dansjustchillin
    Did you get a whole bike or just a frame and how much? I've gotten all my Fetish frames new from Fetish back when they were selling them on ebay. I think my Fixation was like $150 for the frame back in like 04-05.

This was my nice build after I had painted it the first time when I used to still go mountain biking with it
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...shredchain.jpg

And then I had it dulled down a bit with more of an urban setup before I took it apart and stripped it.
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...tishshocks.jpg

Paul hubs to mavic 517s, race face taperlock bb with either next LPs or turbines. The king headset will go back on after the new paint job as will the Next LPs. I'll be running a red race face system stem. Torn on running my Pace RC31 or either of the manitou forks I have. I've been toying with setting it up a few different ways, but I need to repaint it first.
  • 04-03-2012
    ncruz408
    1 Attachment(s)
    Fixation sensation
    NICE! I paid about $250 for it which came with a no name front shock, FSA 36t crank, 16t no name cog, hayes mx2 brakes, truativ low rise bar, haro grips and seat. As for the wheels they look like some cheap 26 wheelset which needs some truing. The bike fit my budget well. I just needed something I can tinker with and use it primarily for urban riding. I love the way how it feels maybe its just because it is my first 26 ss. I have a 29er hardtail and love it for the mountains but this baby makes me feel like a kid again on a BMX.

So you are from the bay area? Got any spare parts you would like to sell? I am looking for either a rigid fork or suspension fork to replace this pos. lol

Also, how do you like the frame? I heard while researching about fetish cycles that a lot of their frames broke and it was hard to find replacement parts for the components that it came with if bought as a whole bike. I was skeptical of my purchase at first but then again stumbled upon this Single Speed Fetish Cycles "Fixation" Rigid Mountain Bike | eBay which was a shocker. Maybe because it has some quality components in their build.

Here is a pic of it from my mobile phone.
  • 04-04-2012
    dansjustchillin
    That's pretty cheap for a whole bike. I've never had a problem with mine. I have a Fetish cycles Discipline too which I beat the crap out of and i'm not exactly light either and I haven't killed it yet. That bike I built up, rode the crap out of, sold to a friend who rode the crap out of it, then bought it back from him a few months ago and have been beating on it ever since and no problems. I'm in Fremont, don't have any forks for sale. Kinda out of parts to sell at the moment. I got out of MTBs when I moved back here a few years ago and have just recently started picking it back up. I build all my own bikes and have been for years so feel free to ask should you ever need help with anything. If you picked that up at the trailhead swap meet you can't be to far away lol. :-)
  • 04-17-2012
    dansjustchillin
  • 04-17-2012
    ncruz408
    looks awesome! reminds me of a dirt jumper or urban freestyle bike... BTW what wheelset and fork u running? Just curious...
  • 04-17-2012
    dansjustchillin
    Thanks, that's kinda what I was going for. I've seen a few "pump track" setups that kind of inspired this setup. Still running the 517s to paul hubs and the fork on there now is a Pace RC31. I'm about to take it off soon and throw the cheap manitou i have back on with some aluminum bars so I can actually ride it a little harder. The current build was really just for fun, I work like 2 blocks from my house so i've been riding it to work. Don't trust any of my light stuff quite as much anymore, 60 pounds ago was a different story, i've gotten very lazy since then lol. I'm quite pleased with how the colors worked out. All I bought was a $4 can of paint. The prep time was the killer. I'll update when I change the setup again.
  • 05-18-2012
    jl2at
  • 05-19-2012
    ncruz408
    Sweet ride
  • 06-17-2012
    airic81
    Keeping this thread alive!

heres my fixation that i picked up a month ago. Put on the rear bb7s and dart 3s. Originaly it hard rigid surly forks but its too hard of a ride for me lol.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d03650cb-9017-1719.jpg

Anyone know where else to get fetish frames or who has a few to sell? I wouldnt mind fetting my hands on a disciple frame
    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
  • 06-17-2012
    ncruz408
  • 06-18-2012
    dansjustchillin
    I still want to change some things but here it is now.

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...tioncustom.jpg
  • 07-24-2012
    jl2at
    selling my discipline frame if anyone is interested.
    Make me an offer
  • 08-24-2012
    jaystein
    My Babies
  • 09-28-2012
    jaystein
  • 10-30-2012
    dansjustchillin
    Here's a little update on mine. Some fresh pics from today. First my Discipline.
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...discipline.jpg

And my Fixation
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...mefixation.jpg
  • 12-26-2012
    zuk88
    5 Attachment(s)
    This is my 2004 Discipline I just rebuilt. I ran this frame single speed for years before going back to 3x9 a couple days ago. These shots are from my shake down ride.