Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: fetish cycles

mtbr member
    Okay thanks, i will hope that doesn't happen.

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    just take it easy when doing hip jumps and learning any kind of spin tricks...

mine took roughly two seasons to get that crack...riding full on DH and freeride drops, etc. Now I've got two bikes for everything, thankfully.

Also, if it does crack...whatever...hopefully you got the frame dirt cheap anyways. If you get serious into the street/park/dj stuff, get somthing steel/even more durable.

In the rear with the gear
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    Okay thanks, i will hope that doesn't happen.
    I like those red RL chain tugs/tensioners, going to have to get me a pair for my 29er for which I recently acquired a red bomber zocchi fork for.

How much travel is in that bomber fork? I am running 130 mm on my fixation and the way I am riding it (SS XC), I think I should find something with less, or at least, switchable like 80/100. Of course, if I get another Bomber 29er fork then its going back to being a 69er again.

Of course Fetish won't recognize it as a 69er because I didn't buy it with "69er" stickers but I was the one that gave them the idea but they will never acknowledge that.

Happy Trails and enjoy that bike!
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

mtbr member
    My fork is adjustable from 130mm - 150mm, a wee bit tall but with the sag dialed in it feels great. I am running it at 130mm FWIW.

Got the RL tugs from danscomp.com $9.99 a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    Got the RL tugs from danscomp.com $9.99 a pair.
    Just ordered me a set. Seemed a shame that shipping cost almost as the tugs so I got a few tools for the tool box to keep my other tools company and the shipping didn't change.

These won't go on my Fixation, rather my 29er. All I need now is a red saddle, red flip lock, red bash guard, red rear brake line and maybe some red Ourys and my 29er will be pimped out. I will post some new pix of this bike on Ridefetish.com
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by philw86
    just take it easy when doing hip jumps and learning any kind of spin tricks...

mine took roughly two seasons to get that crack...riding full on DH and freeride drops, etc. Now I've got two bikes for everything, thankfully.

Also, if it does crack...whatever...hopefully you got the frame dirt cheap anyways. If you get serious into the street/park/dj stuff, get somthing steel/even more durable.
    Yeah I paid $100 for it so I hope it lasts at least a year . I really would have liked to grab a steelhead but the funds just aren't there right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RemfSS
    Just ordered me a set. Seemed a shame that shipping cost almost as the tugs so I got a few tools for the tool box to keep my other tools company and the shipping didn't change.

These won't go on my Fixation, rather my 29er. All I need now is a red saddle, red flip lock, red bash guard, red rear brake line and maybe some red Ourys and my 29er will be pimped out. I will post some new pix of this bike on Ridefetish.com
    That sounds like what I am looking to do. But I'm looking for a tan saddle to match the fork, red fliplock, red headset spacer, and possibly the red salsa juegos de fuegos lock on grips.

I'm a little frustrated though with the frame. I tried the 30.9mm seatpost that Fetish recommends but there was some play, enough to make me uncomfortable, so now I have a 31.6mm in there and it's a tiny bit tight. I may try to sand it down a bit or sand the inside of the seat tube, I only need about .5mm more for it to be perfect.
    Last edited by combatkimura; 09-11-2007 at 05:26 AM. Reason: adding pics

Fixation Commuter Project.

Now that I am buying an IH MKIII I keep asking myself what should I do with my fixation? It's still a fun bike to have around but justifying three bikes to the wife is a tough call right now, of course that is now that I am working a mere 10 miles from home I could convert this into a commuter.

If anyone has a line on a white, rigid, canti fork for 26 inch wheels, preferably with a little forward rake in it, I would appreciate it.

Biggest thing I have to do is swap my FSA Mega Exo Crankset on the fixation for the Shimano on my 29er and and I can start riding to work.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Im fairly new to bikes, and have a question about fetish

Are they a good company?, meaning are their bikes durable, strong, etc. would you recommend these bikes to me? Im looking at a discipline at a shop near me and was wondering if its a good bike to get.

Heres a basic rundown of the bike:
    Frame: Fetish Discipline
    Fork: Answer Manitou axel
    Brakes: Hayes Sole
    Shifters: Shimano Deore
    Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX
    Cranks: Bontrager Selects
    Handlebars: Bontrager Crowbar
    Tires: Bontrager Jones XR
    Rims: Bontrager
    Bottom Bracket: Truvative XL

I talked the owner to around $750 (down from 830) Is this a good choice?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I bought a discipline frame a couple of years ago on ebay and have been completely satisfied with it. Extremely strong well built frame. Can't comment on the price though. .

Love my Fixation! Can't beat the price for it's durability. In fact, I have tried about all there is to try in terms of different configurations and have finally settled on a rigid, SS, 69er.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

Cholla magnet
    I've got a discipline that I love. Got the frame off eBay and built it up myself. Been riding it hard for a year (I ride everything that my buddies with FS bikes do) and the only problem I've got with it is that it's a bit on the heavy side. Of course I could always go on a diet and kill two birds...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Im getting that its a good frame, but is the setup i listed earlier worth the $750?

Cholla magnet
    As far as the specs go, it's probably not worth the $750. The frame from fetish supposedly retails for $500. In reality you usually see them around $150 on eBay. The fork is alright for a newbie. Plan on upgrading it within a year if you find yourself riding a lot. Those brakes are throwaways, see if you can't get your LBS to swap them out for some BB5's or BB7's on the cheap. The way the bike's set up I'd say 5 bills is more reasonable. Then again, I haven't been shopping in a while. The last bike I bought whole was a $50 commuter compliments of my local University surplus auction.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    is a dart 3 any better?

ground hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by NTbike
    Im fairly new to bikes, and have a question about fetish

Are they a good company?, meaning are their bikes durable, strong, etc. would you recommend these bikes to me? Im looking at a discipline at a shop near me and was wondering if its a good bike to get.

Heres a basic rundown of the bike:
    Frame: Fetish Discipline
    Fork: Answer Manitou axel
    Brakes: Hayes Sole
    Shifters: Shimano Deore
    Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX
    Cranks: Bontrager Selects
    Handlebars: Bontrager Crowbar
    Tires: Bontrager Jones XR
    Rims: Bontrager
    Bottom Bracket: Truvative XL

I talked the owner to around $750 (down from 830) Is this a good choice?

Thanks
    In my opinion that is way too much money for that bike particularly if it is used. You could easily get a brand name dual suspension bike with better componants for less.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Ive already decided that its way too much for that bike. I found the exact one on ebay for about 200 less, but I decided to get a specialized. Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    No pictures right now but I've been riding a Fetish Fixation frame setup as a geary. I had a Surly Instigator that I just couldn't get comfortable on and a Fixation frame that was doing nothing. Swapped parts from one to the other over a couple of days and, bada-bing bada-boom, I've got a bike that I love. Feels grate with a Surly Instigator steel fork.

The disc brake in the rear will drag the axle backwards if I brake too hard on dry pavement though due to the track forks. It's a 205mm for no particular reason. I think I'll drop it back to 160mm to reduce the load.

Quote Originally Posted by janos
    No pictures right now but I've been riding a Fetish Fixation frame setup as a geary. I had a Surly Instigator that I just couldn't get comfortable on and a Fixation frame that was doing nothing. Swapped parts from one to the other over a couple of days and, bada-bing bada-boom, I've got a bike that I love. Feels grate with a Surly Instigator steel fork.

The disc brake in the rear will drag the axle backwards if I brake too hard on dry pavement though due to the track forks. It's a 205mm for no particular reason. I think I'll drop it back to 160mm to reduce the load.
    I didn't like the instigator fork. I am running a 1x1 now and its much better. Of course, I only ride this way as a 69er, so that could be part of the problem.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Fetish Fixation

I had had my fixation ss for almost a year now and it rides awesome i just cant get the front disk to grab right. Kind of frustrating but when i get some more funds ill have to upgrade to something a little more powerful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg SS.jpg (138.1 KB, 558 views)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Is your rotor bent? Or is the disc brake mounted in correctly?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle Snack
    Is your rotor bent? Or is the disc brake mounted in correctly?
    yeah i thought that too. But i took it up to the local bike shop and he worked on it for 30 minutes and couldn't find anything wrong with the brake (caliper or rotor). The only thing we came up with is its either the cab;e system (bad cables or levers) or the rim just sucks and doesn't house the rotor properly because i have had two different calipers and two different rotors on there with no success.

mtbr member
    Purchased a discipline off ebay a couple days ago. I have two fork options, 100mm or 130mm. Thoughts? I ride "heavy XC" bordering on all mountain... I guess...
    On One Summer Season Single Speed

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I ran my Fixation with a 130 mm fork and it was great.

Cholla magnet

Bigger is sometimes better

My experience with the discipline frame is that a 130mm fork turns it into a pretty nice trail-oriented hard tail.

Background: I was running a 100mm Marzocchi MX Pro and it was great for hard pack and occasional step-offs / rocks. On a whim (meaning I had it in my closet gathering dust) I installed a 130mm MX Comp. What a difference! The bike is much more confident when the terrain gets sketchy, it corners better (less twitchy) and I have no trouble keeping the front wheel planted when cranking uphill.

I live in the desert southwest and most of my trails are super rocky/steep/sandy (not to mention the constant threat of cactus). I ride pretty aggressively but I'd rather ride all day than look for a finish line.

As always, your mileage may vary. Frame is size M (16.5" center BB to Top of seat tube)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fetish cycles-img_5486.jpg  

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast