In the rear with the gear
    I am going to try some 2.4 Motoraptors.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

Cholla magnet

New Fetish

I just got my fetish built up and I'm taking it out for it's first real ride. Thought I should show it pre and post endo... I mean post ride.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cmonkEP; 03-23-2010 at 11:35 PM.

How about more drive trail pix? Are you going to put this baby up on Ride Fetish.com?
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    whoops!

Note: They dont like repeated hip jumps or Disasters at the skatepark. Although for the record, I did ride around for 2 more weeks after discovering the crack.

I got a steel frame to replace it, and my Obsession is going on the wall Not bad for 190 bucks, and two seasons of DH/Freeride and a whole lot of street/skatepark towards the end!

Cholla magnet

More Pics

Sorry RemfSS... I knew I missing something.

Here's the Drivetrain pics..
    Oh, and the pedals are now Candys. I somehow bent the spindle on my egg beaters riding up the 50 Year trail north of Tucson. Funny thing about that, I did it climbing. Shitty
    Last edited by cmonkEP; 03-23-2010 at 11:35 PM.

To legit to quit
    my new fetish toy
    MySpace.com/DansJustChillin
    MySpace.com/DirtyBobbysBikes

mtbr member

hanger for discipline frame

I have had a discipline frame for a 2 or 3 years and finally broke the hanger. Then had a terrible time trying to locate a replacement. Tried Fetish and all the websites I could find with no luck. Turns out it is hanger number 52 and is available from derailleurhanger.com for about $20. Just installed it and fits perfectly. Good luck.

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by CDALE SS
    I have had a discipline frame for a 2 or 3 years and finally broke the hanger. Then had a terrible time trying to locate a replacement. Tried Fetish and all the websites I could find with no luck. Turns out it is hanger number 52 and is available from derailleurhanger.com for about $20. Just installed it and fits perfectly. Good luck.
    That's old news. It's a diamond back hanger that fits.

Hey, does anyone know what the front deraileur clamp size is on the fetish fixation?
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

mtbr member
    does anyone have the cross frame????

To legit to quit

Turning the Fixation into a 1x9

My LBS encountered a problem when I brought my Fixation in to have it converted from SS to Gears. The best they could is a 1x7 with an 8 speed cassette. The problem they seem to run into was that the rear der hanger was too short.

What would you recommend that would solve this problem? Does it have something to do with where the rear wheel is placed or the actual rear deraileur? I have a Shimano XT. I have the wheel pushed all the way up against the end of the dropouts.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by RemfSS
    My LBS encountered a problem when I brought my Fixation in to have it converted from SS to Gears. The best they could is a 1x7 with an 8 speed cassette. The problem they seem to run into was that the rear der hanger was too short.

What would you recommend that would solve this problem? Does it have something to do with where the rear wheel is placed or the actual rear deraileur? I have a Shimano XT. I have the wheel pushed all the way up against the end of the dropouts.
    My fixation has always been SS all the way, but I have seen quite a few setup with 3x9. The only real issue i can think of that would make a 1x9 not work is your chainline. Depending on where you are on the cassette your chain may want to come off in the front. Other wise there is really no reason why you shouldnt be able to get 9 gears out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dansjustchillin
    My fixation has always been SS all the way, but I have seen quite a few setup with 3x9. The only real issue i can think of that would make a 1x9 not work is your chainline. Depending on where you are on the cassette your chain may want to come off in the front. Other wise there is really no reason why you shouldnt be able to get 9 gears out of it.
    I don't know, maybe my LBS is just incompetent. I have the chainline squared away with NGear's Chain Stop. No, I think I need to play with it myself and probably find a new LBS. Problem is they have been really good to me but they are obviously not expert at wrenching.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

To legit to quit
    I don't know, maybe my LBS is just incompetent. I have the chainline squared away with NGear's Chain Stop. No, I think I need to play with it myself and probably find a new LBS. Problem is they have been really good to me but they are obviously not expert at wrenching.
    All I know is that I work at my LBS and we make things work. Where there's a will, there's a way, and your LBS doesnt seem to have either.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Was thinking about getting a fetish discipline to replace my supergo access frame, Is this much of an upgrade? I was never really happy with the geometry of the access xcl frame, I am 6'4 and about 230lbs the access frame always seemed like the top tube wasnt slanting up enough, felt like i was goin to endo on the downhills. Any help appriciated, I only XC ride 20 mile round trip trails or about and need it to climb good, the access frame is a good climber though.

Thanks
    Jayson

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfwizard
    Was thinking about getting a fetish discipline to replace my supergo access frame, Is this much of an upgrade? I was never really happy with the geometry of the access xcl frame, I am 6'4 and about 230lbs the access frame always seemed like the top tube wasnt slanting up enough, felt like i was goin to endo on the downhills. Any help appriciated, I only XC ride 20 mile round trip trails or about and need it to climb good, the access frame is a good climber though.

Thanks
    Jayson
    I'm happy with my fetish frames, all 4 of them. Results may vary.

mtbr member
    I just ordered the '05 Obsession frame size small. $99, couldn't pass it up! Going to take too damn long to get here though...

Why do I have to wait sooo long! Should've had it 2nd day aired...
    Last edited by combatkimura; 09-02-2007 at 09:52 AM.

mtbr member

Bummed...

Ordered my Obsession frame last Friday, asked if it would be shipped that day and the answer was "It'll go out Tuesday" (Monday was labor day). Called yesterday (Tuesday) frame hadn't shipped yet, it was early there, but I was told I'd get a call with the tracking number when it did ship. No call. If it wasn't going to be in transit for 7 days I wouldn't be so worried about it, I just want to get the damn thing built up. I don't know the circumstances of why it hasn't shipped so I'm not going to say derogatory things about Fetish, I guess I'm just internet venting...

Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    Ordered my Obsession frame last Friday, asked if it would be shipped that day and the answer was "It'll go out Tuesday" (Monday was labor day). Called yesterday (Tuesday) frame hadn't shipped yet, it was early there, but I was told I'd get a call with the tracking number when it did ship. No call. If it wasn't going to be in transit for 7 days I wouldn't be so worried about it, I just want to get the damn thing built up. I don't know the circumstances of why it hasn't shipped so I'm not going to say derogatory things about Fetish, I guess I'm just internet venting...
    Hate to say this but Fetish (assuming you purchased directly from them) Customer Service is hit or miss. A couple of weeks ago I bent my hanger on my Fixation. Called them up and ordered me a new one but they charged $10 for S&H, which cost $2.50 at most to ship! Asked if they could throw in some 69er stickers and they said sure, and what did I get? Nada!

It's a wonder they are still in business.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

mtbr member
    Hate to say this but Fetish (assuming you purchased directly from them) Customer Service is hit or miss. A couple of weeks ago I bent my hanger on my Fixation. Called them up and ordered me a new one but they charged $10 for S&H, which cost $2.50 at most to ship! Asked if they could throw in some 69er stickers and they said sure, and what did I get? Nada!

It's a wonder they are still in business.
    well that's a real bummer to hear. I hope it gets here sometime soon then. Guess I should've gone with the Soul Cycles Titan...
    Last edited by combatkimura; 09-05-2007 at 12:47 PM.

mtbr member
    CRAP!! CRAP!! CRAP!! Just got off the phone with fetish and they still haven't shipped my frame. He says it's going out today, we'll see.

mtbr member
    Woohoo! it's here! Fetish stepped up and shipped my frame usps express and it arrived yesterday. I am obsessed! This thing is so stable off jumps and just inspires confidence everywhere I take it. Pics soon!

Here it is, my new setup! This frame is great and the new fork is blowing my mind (comparing it to my old RST Capa ).

To Do's:
    New saddle - Tan (to match fork)
    New seatpost - Black
    New front wheel with disc hub
    Mulletized brake setup (Disc front V rear) "Cuz I...like to party"

Last edited by combatkimura; 09-09-2007 at 10:24 AM.

mtbr member

Nice bike

Just hope the frame never cracks....Fetish is great at givingthe run a round.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast