Thread: EVO sizing

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

EVO sizing

Hey guys im lookig very hard at getting a EVO to complement my XCL but im having some issues sorting out frame size.Im a pretty stock 6ft guy and im riding a large XCL as i like the stretch of the larger frame.The EVO sizing has me worried which size i should g wit as there isnt much difference between the med and large.I intend to use it mainly for am type riding so will need to bepeddling it up some desent climbs and unfortunately cant get haol of a demo bike.Can any or u EVO owners part with some of you wisdom and help me out.I would b deaply greatful,thanks.

BMJ
    "42 lbs and climbing!"

I'm 6' 3" on a large.

The two sizes are quite close. I would think that a larger spread would have made more sense. Especially the head tube length. I need to stack alot to get my bars where I want them.

The top tube sizing is quite short, no matter how I measure it, it still doesn't match the specs on the site. I find the large has a much shorter top tube than I'm used to but it's actually worked out for the best. I find that I actually like it. I can really toss it around.

I would think that if you prefer a long top tube, I'd go with the large. It's already short! The small would just be more so.