mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Easton Monkeylite XC bad idea for XCL??

I get a discount on Easton products and I'm just curious what every ones thoughts are for a monkeylite xc on an XCL. I do both cross country riding with light downhill. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    I had a Monkeylite XC on my Kona Dawg Primo for about three years. I only removed to change stems once. I rode all mountain about three times per week and essentially beat the crap out of that bike. Never had a problem with those bars. I just put the new Easton DH Bars on my DH rig though and they are sick. Just as light, if not lighter than the XC.
    Cheers
    Erik

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yeah I was looking at the DH ones too. According to website, for 25.4's, 155 g for XC, and 225 for DH. So far they are out of stock for 31.8 Hi rise so I have some waiting to do. Thanks for the response

wuss
    I have that bar on my XCL, no problem till now. I think a question like this requires info on your other components though... For example I have a 1600g Shitmano XT wheelset. I think I'll probably taco the wheelset before breaking the handlebar. If I had all sturdy components and pushed close to the xcl's limits I'd get a handlebar to match, but as is I'm pretty sure the handlebar will be fine with my riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dropadrop
    I have that bar on my XCL, no problem till now. I think a question like this requires info on your other components though... For example I have a 1600g Shitmano XT wheelset. I think I'll probably taco the wheelset before breaking the handlebar. If I had all sturdy components and pushed close to the xcl's limits I'd get a handlebar to match, but as is I'm pretty sure the handlebar will be fine with my riding.
    Yeh good point. Definitely depends on your riding style and other components. I wouldn't ride this bar with a beefy 20mm TA/wheel combo and a 45lb bike, but then again im also 210lbs.
    But again, I had no problems on my AM/XC bike.

Flying Goat
    get a Dirty Thirty or a V-One and be done with it Ben... you know you want to... XD