mtbr member

Durango Bike Company Moonshine

Redacted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Durango Bike Company Moonshine-photo-1.jpg  

Durango Bike Company Moonshine-photo-3.jpg  

Last edited by Bondseye; 06-05-2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: New Information

Your bike sucks
    Interesting write-up. Cool to hear someone riding one as they are local to me and we'd all love for this company thrive in a positive way. Sounds like you are being taken care of...That's good and would like to eventually hear more about the experience as you get it sorted.

Question: when you were bending the hanger - did you do it on the bike/frame? If so, any chance something went wrong there? Odds are you got the ol' stacked box treatment from the shipping co (it's happened to me) and that sucks. Transporting is the most upsetting way to ruin a bike IMHO.

mtbr member
    Redacted
    Last edited by Bondseye; 06-17-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Your bike sucks
    Good luck man. Sounds like it'll be straightened (ha!) out.

I haven't ridden one despite the free demo and beer offers. Maybe I will - I'm not in the market for a new bike so it'd be entirely about curiosity.

I'm certainly not trying to assign blame - 99% sure it's the shipper based on what you wrote. In my shop days, I've seen some bad, but well intended, end-user fixes by guys with gorilla arms. It's unfair and easy to put your nose up when you have access to various DAGs, frame and drop out alignment tools. Wa wa wa....

I earnestly want to hear more of your impressions on how the bike performs. Post more. DBC could probably use the buzz too. To me, they are taking care of you in the best possible way. Things go wrong and it's how a company handles those events is what is important.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega View Post
    Good luck man. Sounds like it'll be straightened (ha!) out.

I haven't ridden one despite the free demo and beer offers. Maybe I will - I'm not in the market for a new bike so it'd be entirely about curiosity.

I'm certainly not trying to assign blame - 99% sure it's the shipper based on what you wrote. In my shop days, I've seen some bad, but well intended, end-user fixes by guys with gorilla arms. It's unfair and easy to put your nose up when you have access to various DAGs, frame and drop out alignment tools. Wa wa wa....

I earnestly want to hear more of your impressions on how the bike performs. Post more. DBC could probably use the buzz too. To me, they are taking care of you in the best possible way. Things go wrong and it's how a company handles those events is what is important.
    I will definitely keep this post updated as well as write a thorough review once I get it all sorted. So far I'm very impressed with how the situation is being handled, and how well the bike handles even with alignment issues.

mtbr member
    Redacted
    Last edited by Bondseye; 06-05-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: New Information

mtbr member
    I can not recommend the Moonshine.
    Durango Moonshine Problems