mtbr member

Do Spot ever reply to email ?

I emailed Spot on the 24th November with some Longboard questions and have yet to have a reply.

I know it's only been 10 days and they aren't the biggest company out there but for anyone who has emailed them did they ever reply and how long did it take?

The search function reveals that other members here also had poor CS from Spot with email questions.

Or does anyone else know the differences (except price) between a USA Longboard frame and Taiwanese Longboard frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Not recent, but I emailed them last year in the Fall, and got a fairly quick repsonse (within a week). I remember them telling me there would be a communication lag with trade shows.

I was checking to see if they would work with my local dealer, as there is no Spot dealer near me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by driver bob
    I emailed Spot on the 24th November with some Longboard questions and have yet to have a reply.

I know it's only been 10 days and they aren't the biggest company out there but for anyone who has emailed them did they ever reply and how long did it take?

The search function reveals that other members here also had poor CS from Spot with email questions.

Or does anyone else know the differences (except price) between a USA Longboard frame and Taiwanese Longboard frame?
    Don't quote me but the USA frame uses Columbus tubing vs. 4130 tubing on the Taiwanese frame. I believe the paint job is slightly different, plus you can do custom paint too. I have the stock foreign bike and love it. Give them a bit at Spot. They do get back with you.

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by mothgils
    Give them a bit at Spot. They do get back with you.
    I've been waiting for a reply to my email for more than a month and a half. Is that reasonable wait?

I want to buy one of the US Longboards, but if the company can't get back to me before the sale, I'm surely doubtful they'd contact me if I were to have a problem after the sale.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200
    I've been waiting for a reply to my email for more than a month and a half. Is that reasonable wait?

I want to buy one of the US Longboards, but if the company can't get back to me before the sale, I'm surely doubtful they'd contact me if I were to have a problem after the sale.
    Just trawled thru my email after a long Christmas vacation and still nothing from Spot. They are fast falling off my radar, I really don't expect anything from them now.

I liked the idea of belt drive, I like to support North American jobs and industry but I also expect a little CS from the vendor.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Call Adam at the Golden Bike Shop in Golden, CO. They are a Spot Dealer.

Schipperkes are cool.
    What do you need to know? Hit me up with an IM or Email!

BTW it True Temper OX Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    I was looking for the differences between USA Longboard and Taiwanese Longboard with a view to potentially purchasing a new bike in the fall.

However I'm now looking at different frame fabricators.

mtbr member
    double post !!

Master Gardener
    This is worth a BUMP! because Spot has apparently slipped off the face of the Earth. Again.

Anyone know what gives?

Our local shop is an OG Spot dealer but we can't get a reply from them by email for the life of us, and they don't answer their phones anymore.

My guess is they're tanking because they got in over their heads with the Maverick purchase.

Love my Spot, but this makes me want to strip the stickers off of it. .

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I did not get a timely response back from Spot on an email and decided to call directly. I had a warranty related issue where I couldn't get the belt line adjusted without it rubbing on the front sprocket due to what appeared to be a defective crank.

I was completely satisfied with the manner in which they took the call, probed to determine what the problem might be and steps towards resolution. They sent out a replacement crankset for me to try and hopefully this will do the trick as this just occurred and I haven't received it yet (in transit) ...

Master Gardener
    You are right; Spot has always been great on the phone. But have you tried to call them over the past month or so? We have (twice to order $1200 frames), and cannot get anyone on the other end of the line.

Nor have the responded to emails. It's odd.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yes, I talked to them on Friday last week. I spoke to one of the Gate Carbon Drive guys who was at Spot and he coordinated the crankset return. It did take a couple of calls and some persistence on my part, but once I got through, I was happy with the result (so far) ... I'm trusting they sent out the crank as discussed!

Master Gardener
    That's good to know... I'll pass it on. Thanks!

Master Gardener
    Update: Spot Brand was just purchased by a guy who seems talented and very motivated to make Spot the best it can be.

Glad to know I didn't bad-ju-ju them into oblivion the way I did when I bought my beloved Spooky Junebug back in 1999 only to watch them tank right afterward.

My Spot is the badassest.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    This is an update to my earlier post. As mentioned, I had an issue where the drive side crankarm was out of spec which made it impossible to align the belt drive on my Longboard.

I brought it to their attention and they sent me a replacement crank set. I also had an issue with the rear wheel slipping in the dropouts and they have responded by send metal hub nuts to replace the softer aluminum ones that were a chief cause of the problem.

My experience with Spot / Gates has been very good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I haven't had anything but problems with their cranks. Damn non-driveside arm keeps coming loose.
    Livin' the dream.