mtbr member

The Custom Bikes Continue - Green XCL and Green EVO

They were both part of a limited production run that we used for staff test bikes. They were both ridden for less than 2 months and come with a full factory warranty. Both frames were manufactured in-house in our factory in Anaheim. Ted Tanouye, our frame fabricator and designer built these bikes from scratch. One is a XCL with straight-gauge tubing and a rear triangle that is a little beefier than the standard XCL. The XCL is a sized medium and comes with either a 2009 RP23 or a 2009 DHX Air. The other frame is a Freeride Edition EVO. This is a Large sized frame and is ideal for riders 5'10 to 6'1. It offers a slack seat angle to mimick DH style geometry and comes standard with a Fox DHX Coil. This EVO also uses straight gauge tubing and CNC machined parts we made in-house. They are pretty beefy - and built for abuse. Let us know what you think!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    sick!

wanna build me a green VF2 to match my F5? I still need an xc bike..

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Great looking bikes. How much does the XCL frame with RP23 shock weigh? How about a custom XCL with 5.5 inches of rear travel?

nerfherder
    Sweet color!

Flying Goat
    wow... those frames look like the tits!!! are these limited ones or will they ever hit production? An FR Evo in small would be nice... XD

the train keeps rollin
    zzzzzzzzzzz.. Bling Whores!
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hulk Angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trophy Husband
    Alan

Stuff looks great. I have been thinking about what I would like to see in my next bike...I like the idea of the XCL with a slacker HA (~66.5) and a BB height ~13.2".

I'm also wondering if it was possible to add a thru-axle to the rear of the XCL?

Are these items that could be addressed if I were to go Custom with Chumba?

cheers
    Extreme stationary biker.

nerfherder
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Alan

Stuff looks great. I have been thinking about what I would like to see in my next bike...I like the idea of the XCL with a slacker HA (~66.5) and a BB height ~13.2".

I'm also wondering if it was possible to add a thru-axle to the rear of the XCL?

cheers
    Your geo numbers sound fun but that would be a very different handling ride than the current XCL. Special edition maybe?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Alan

cheers
    Sure - custom geometry is always an option. A rear thru-axle is possible as well.

-Alan

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffylooking
    Your geo numbers sound fun but that would be a very different handling ride than the current XCL. Special edition maybe?
    Yup, very different handling. That is what I'm looking for....

FWIW, I did at one time own an XCL. I really enjoyed it, but circumstances beyond my control (I'm not very smart) led me to sell it. That being said, I like slack angles and if I were to look at the XCL again, I would have to go custom.

I'm happy Chumba does the Custom program. Another example of why they are a great company.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I love the custom green color

Hey Allen, are these frames painted or powder coated? If powder coated, what is that brand of powder and name of that color? Does Chumba offer re-paint/re-powder of frames?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by 67degrees
    Hey Allen, are these frames painted or powder coated? If powder coated, what is that brand of powder and name of that color? Does Chumba offer re-paint/re-powder of frames?
    We use a local powdercoater - not sure about the brand of paint - all I can tell you is it's the same powdercoater as some of the other U.S. boutique brands. We can re-paint and rebuild. Typically, if we are going to do a rebuild, we will do a full rebuild of the frame, meaning new bearings, hardware, etc. You can shoot me an e-mail at alan@chumbaracing.com for quotes on labor.

-A.

Members who have read this thread: 0