Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cube Thread

20K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  FrEaKZoIdE 
#1 ·
Having just bought a Fritzz 08 Ive found a lack of posts and advice. So I' d like to start a thread and get it turned into a sticky for all Cube Riders and Fans. I know there are alot of riders in mainland Europe and with the bikes now coming across the channel more U.K. riders.

Here are a few pics of th 09 range

I will post pics of my bike when I receive it shortly

See less See more
#2 ·
You going to the London Cycle Show in a few weeks? I'll be there and will most likely spend the most time on the Cube stand like last year, I'll be sure to post up some pics, hopefully my new camera will try its utmost to actually focus on the bikes unlike the one I was using last year.:D

#3 ·
I don't kno? If my friend is goin perhaps i will but i wont be going on my own! Wot day are you going up on? If I go perhaps we'll try n make it the same day, meet up and have a chat?

#5 ·
I have to say Cube looks more beautiful in person than it does on paper or pics. Of particular interest is the finishes with the colored al. Finishes are stunning. Didn't get too many shots, or I'd have filled up a memory card with them alone. On top of that, it was simply so difficult to get through their booth due to the crowds of people going in and out.

#6 ·
Well I have got my Fritzz finally! Jerk you are right they do look much better in the flesh. I have scratched it already couldnt wait to get out on it so I went out in the light and it soon got dark!! Downhilling in the pitch dark without lights is not a gud idea fell off 3 times twice over the bars lol im ok though.

#7 ·
OK, everybody seems to be hot about the Frizz and the Stereo. Has anybody seen a Sting, except in German magazines? Has anybody ridden a Sting?

I think it has enough travel for a trail bike and the angles look good for agility. The German testers seem to like it too. How come I never hear about it outside those German articles?

People here are riding and liking those ordinary looking Cubes too but no Stings :mad:

#8 ·
My guess is that the American big boys e.g. Trek,Specialized etc... put so much into marketing their bikes. They also have so many more dealers that Cube are a little overshadowed. I haven't really looked into the Sting because I was looking for an all mountain rig. tbh I thought they were a XC bike. The pics look cool though! but then so do all Cube bikes hehe

#9 ·
Those German reviews suggest that the Sting is not really a XC race oriented bike. What Cube say, on the website, seems to agree:
"Leistungsbereite Marathonisti, Racer und All Mountain Sport Biker werden ihre wahre Freude daran haben." (does that need a translation?)

It sounds more like a lightish trailbike for those who keep the wheels on the ground most of the time.

It is a 120mm bike, after all, and the head angle is not all that XC steep. Last year, Cube had weights for complete bikes and the Sting figures were not in WW category, even for the XTR/X0 builds.

#11 ·
Her's mine its the 08 model!

Was yours brand new when you took the pics aswell? coz youve got plenty of time on your hands otherwise lol.

I had 08 Lyriks on it but the 2 step broke but in all fairness to Rockshox/SRAM they replaced them with brand new 09's

and here it is with the new Lyrik's

#14 ·
i dont think you can get them in the US. something to do with the suspension linkage patent clashing with Specialized?? Someone correct me if im wrong!

CRC sell them but i dont know if they can ship them to the US though?

#16 ·
Yep, Specialized has the Horst Link suspension patented and won’t be allowing any Cube’s to be imported and sold in the US. Especially when a few of the European companies using the Horst Link actually have better bikes (and suspension) that could easily flatten Specialized. Cube, Canyon and Lapierre being the three big ones that make better bikes.

I don’t think that prevents you paying a UK based company to ship a Cube to the US though(anyone know for sure?), and CRC will still give you a good deal after the £60 postage…

#20 ·
booyahdex said:
Hi. Im staying in Singapore, and this is my Cube Analog 09.

anyone knows where i can get a replacement headset for my bike?
Nice! i was thinkin of getting a hardtail just for local towpaths as the Fritzz is a bit big and heavy especially with knobbly tyres. How does it ride?

these have a great range of products, good customer service and (apparently) good international shipping rates.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com

you could also try http://www.wiggle.co.uk

#21 ·
DIESELindustry said:
Nice! i was thinkin of getting a hardtail just for local towpaths as the Fritzz is a bit big and heavy especially with knobbly tyres. How does it ride?

these have a great range of products, good customer service and (apparently) good international shipping rates.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com

you could also try http://www.wiggle.co.uk
Well, i can say it handles pretty well, though it's a little stiff and heavy compared to my previous 10kg bike, all it needs is a little getting used to. I love the fact that people can hear me coming with the pro IIs at the back.:D

All i can say is that you wont regret getting any one of the hardtail range for cube!

#26 ·
Hey guys.

I'm looking to buy a hardtail 29er and i just happened to find a Cube dealer in my city. He told me to bring him the models i like and he'll try and get me some prices. Now, i've looked over the manufacturer's site but i can't find the 29er section.
Does anyone know how the 29er models from Cube are named?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.