Cruiser frame question

Printable View

• 12-29-2012
    Fox Fire
    Cruiser frame question
    I have a hang up for the old school cruiser frame look & would love to have one for a mtn bike, only way I could remedy this is to buy a Wally World huffy with an aliminum frame I picked up at a yard sale.

The thought of having one built crossed my mind but think'n it mite cost way more than I could afford rite now.

Anyone ever build such a frame that mite offer some food for thought ??

Or have some pics of yours ??
  • 12-29-2012
    jeff
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox Fire View Post
    I have a hang up for the old school cruiser frame look & would love to have one for a mtn bike, only way I could remedy this is to buy a Wally World huffy with an aliminum frame I picked up at a yard sale.

The thought of having one built crossed my mind but think'n it mite cost way more than I could afford rite now.

Search Cruiser and Retro here on MTBR. Tons of modern interpretations of the style.
  • 12-29-2012
    todwil
    Quote:

Curtis Inglis Retrotec all style cruiser MTB!!! He built one for me!
  • 12-30-2012
    Fox Fire
    Thanks for the food for thought.

Todwil...any pics ??? love to see how it turned out.
  • 12-30-2012
    todwil
    Scroll down to bike brands and find the custom bike builders forum and Retrotec is a sticky!!
  • 12-30-2012
    Beatniqwood09
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if a wally world huffy is your only means of finding a kroozer frame then having one built custom is definitely going to be out of your price range. Might be able to find a used trek sawyer for a decent price?
  • 12-31-2012
    Fox Fire
    I had assumed the cost would be a serious chunk, I'm not as hard core rider as a lotta guys on here so thers no need for me to drop thousand$ in a bike, but would love to have a chromo steel framed cruiser/mtn bike.

But thanks for the notice on Trek for an idea, will look into it.
  • 12-31-2012
    jeff
  • 12-31-2012
    Fox Fire
    I guess to put a front suspention on something like the KHS or Trek should just fit rite up ??

Retrotech.................sweeeeeeet machines
  • 12-31-2012
    jeff
    Quote:

I guess to put a front suspention on something like the KHS or Trek should just fit rite up ??

Retrotech.................sweeeeeeet machines

The KHS and Trek are different animals. One is a cruiser that plays MTB and one is a MTB that plays cruiser.
  • 01-11-2013
    fishcreek
    my Trek Cruiser, long wheelbase but the geo is not that bad for offroad.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...111_152048.jpg