Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cruiser frame question

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  fishcreek 
#1 ·
I have a hang up for the old school cruiser frame look & would love to have one for a mtn bike, only way I could remedy this is to buy a Wally World huffy with an aliminum frame I picked up at a yard sale.

The thought of having one built crossed my mind but think'n it mite cost way more than I could afford rite now.

Anyone ever build such a frame that mite offer some food for thought ??

Or have some pics of yours ??

#2 ·
I have a hang up for the old school cruiser frame look & would love to have one for a mtn bike, only way I could remedy this is to buy a Wally World huffy with an aliminum frame I picked up at a yard sale.

The thought of having one built crossed my mind but think'n it mite cost way more than I could afford rite now.

Search Cruiser and Retro here on MTBR. Tons of modern interpretations of the style.

#3 ·

Curtis Inglis Retrotec all style cruiser MTB!!! He built one for me!

#7 ·
I had assumed the cost would be a serious chunk, I'm not as hard core rider as a lotta guys on here so thers no need for me to drop thousand$ in a bike, but would love to have a chromo steel framed cruiser/mtn bike.

But thanks for the notice on Trek for an idea, will look into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.